Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
ChizFreak
Uparkaam
kankariko
7 posters

Lifehunt Build: High or Low Poise?

kankariko

Lifehunt Build: High or Low Poise? Empty Lifehunt Build: High or Low Poise?

Post by kankariko Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:00 pm

So, I already have the bloodbite ring and bloodshield down, but I must ask one question: Which would be better to use for armor, high poise & low mobility, or low poise & high mobility? This is in the case that I want to inflict the bleed effect on them.

I already know some advantages to each, such as:
    high poise= Able to combo the 3 hits needed to inflict bleed effect without worry of staggering, but vulnerable to backstabs

Low poise= Able to poke/ wither away health from enemy, but unable to combo enemies unless they are using light armor, resulting in a drawn out fight, and risk being stunlocked easily by greatswords.

Anyone care to help?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Lifehunt Build: High or Low Poise? Empty Re: Lifehunt Build: High or Low Poise?

Post by Uparkaam Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:05 pm

Try to get both. Dark wood grain ring is good for this.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Good players with high mobility can kill anything because they don't need to have to poise, they just dodge all your attacks. That in my opinion, refutes your point of heavy armor over light armor. I would go like Uparkaam said with a little mix of armors along with the Darkwood Grain Ring to get the highest poise possible if that's what you want. Or if you want to, and personally I think it works best with your weapon, you could wear the Painting Guardian set which has the highest bleed defense that's along with the Heaviest armors. Also the starter set of the pyromancers (which I can't recall the name) has one of the highest bleed defenses too (or was poison?).
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:06 pm

I am a lifehunt user, i use the dwgr and black iron chest. I dont even need poise. Just dodging. You will lose if your counting on poise because other weapons will stagger u faster mostly. Mobility is very important for lifehunt. I just build mine to what i like. Dont even use a bloodbite ring neder a bloodshield. And if i am almost bleed myself i swap to my great scyth because it has less bleed and i try to evade till my bleed build up is gone. Dont count on poise. It does is affective when you get hit, so you can roll away. Not attack because your second hit will stagger u.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 pm

My vote is for low poise-high mobility. The Scythe's moveset relies on moving fast. Plus, use the extra ring slot for bloodbite ring.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:32 pm

I almost never bleed? I use black iron leggings. Black iron gloves and giant armor now. Poise 87. Dont use that ring nieder a bloodshield? Maybe i have more bleed res?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:35 pm

Holy crap. Poise of 87! Insane.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:39 pm

I have 52 end
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:42 pm

That's where it is coming from then. Just a suggestion, you don't really need a poise higher than 77. At 77 and above, you can't be stunlocked by an ultra greatsword (unless the second hit hits you, then you are stunlocked for the third hit). Cut back on the poise (and weight), and you can cut back on endurance (putting the extra points elsewhere).

But, I don't use the Lifehunt, so I may be off base here.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Poise is because my armorset. Im sl120 so cant changed it. Thx for advice. Didnt know about the 77 poise. I have pretty high def armor cause my 50 end.
    LOLRagezzz
    LOLRagezzz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by LOLRagezzz Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:14 am

reim0027 wrote:That's where it is coming from then. Just a suggestion, you don't really need a poise higher than 77. At 77 and above, you can't be stunlocked by an ultra greatsword (unless the second hit hits you, then you are stunlocked for the third hit). Cut back on the poise (and weight), and you can cut back on endurance (putting the extra points elsewhere).

Its 76, testing it on my soon to be 120 now.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 pm

I use the Lifehunt and Great Scythe with Black Iron chest/gauntlets, Chaneller's skirt and Wanderer's hood. I add a Havel's ring to use the Great Shield of Artorias and am still very mobile, giving me the option to block and dodge as I see fit. When I go exclusive Lifehunt I will sometimes switch to blood bite ring, bloodshield or both if I really wanna be aggressive. You're gonna wanna get used to your timing and technique because, despite all the great things about a scythe, they have some flaws for a "typical" PvP weapon. The fast (R1) attack has a super narrow hit-box and leaves you wide open if missed. The R2 attack will hit pretty much the entire arena with the wide sweep but is slow and can be difficult to land a combo compared to even other large weapons. The combo speed is so staggering your opponent is not always an easy option.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:26 pm

GrEeNgObLiN wrote:Poise is because my armorset. Im sl120 so cant changed it. Thx for advice. Didnt know about the 77 poise. I have pretty high def armor cause my 50 end.

With 41 Endurance and with Havels I can use Full giants and heavy weapons and still be below 50%.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:33 pm

I wanna use other rings instead havel
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:00 pm

LOLRagezzz wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:That's where it is coming from then. Just a suggestion, you don't really need a poise higher than 77. At 77 and above, you can't be stunlocked by an ultra greatsword (unless the second hit hits you, then you are stunlocked for the third hit). Cut back on the poise (and weight), and you can cut back on endurance (putting the extra points elsewhere).

Its 76, testing it on my soon to be 120 now.
    Yeah. I was confused by the definition of breakpoint. I assumed it meant at 76 you could be stunlocked, but at 77 you couldn't. But, your interpretation makes sense too.

I find it an unusual coincidence that one of the best armors in the game (Giant's) poise = 77 without the helmet. It allows you to not be stunlocked, and still wear masks and crowns.

Let me know your results, hopefully it'll confirm mmg's and EWGF's testing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:31 pm