Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+68
DigitaLinsanitY
Graelaoch
Qyntius
Leet
Icegodzilla
SadPanda
einherje
TheDeviantKnight
OminousSquaffle
Kahldris_Ducard
Ahhotep1
Paragon
ViralEnsign_
shadowzninjaz
Hugh_G_Johnson
Wilkinson3424
Demon Slayer
Aigaios
iiProdigyv
Carphil
jewfrozack
Horrendus
Raijinilli
divinebeanpole
AlphaTrol
destutiodaemonis
Odinbear
Serious_Much
Dibsville
billy_bayonet
Maneater_Mildred
jaythibodeau
Sneezer
ExplodingPenguin
WaveringRadiance
Hokucho
Squashy_Avocado
sure-magicians
Forum Pirate
VMatrixX
eclipse prince
FattyOfDoom
FinPeku
Avenger649
trzzy
LordTransvalence
Jansports
grossemesser
Dieselzilla
mindbottiling_52
Fawkes
GravityBlast
User1
Halicarnassis
SpyderADK
sicktwist
Emergence
Yukon
robsthedon
Ghadis_God
FexDS
WandererReece
twilightwarwolf
BeeSeaEss
RANT
Acarnatia
Murkulanvippi
slowturtles
72 posters

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 17 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 12:31 am

So far so good guys!! We have ToTG's, Btown, The DLC area. Constructive comments people?

Also, any ideas on streamlining the summoning of teams. Once we do get the team runs going it's truly awesome! But we do have kinks.

Veterans of the event who host have gotten pretty good at reducing or increasing the number of hosts dependent on the number of participants available. But is there something else we can do to expedite the process?

One "head" may come up with a good idea but multiple "heads" may see things the one "head" does not!! winking
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

!!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!! - Page 17 Empty Re: !!!GUERRILLA WARFARE 2v2 EVENT: SEARCH and DESTROY!!! NOVEMBER 30th!!

Post by BeeSeaEss Mon May 20, 2013 12:37 am

I would recommend the Parish or SENS, come on guys, it's going to be a blast! ToTG is pretty nice, but it's a bit far into the game, so people might have trouble speed running to it. But then again, there is ONE MONTH prep time. happy Blighttown has that frame rate issue, which I don't like. the DLC seems pretty good, the township would be awesome! The Elevator part is always fun to trick people into falling. silly
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 am

btown would be awesome but it'd be hard to find hosts, I think I can host in one toon. sen's is another good one, so many ways to ambush. one thing about setting up the 2v2's, whenever someone is hosting and they connect with an invader that vader will keep vading the same host so it would be good for that vader to keep vading and have the white and red switch spots instead of the vader, the reason beign once you switch to another team it's a pain in the *** to be able to connect once again. I now whenever I host and sneez is there I want him to invade me since we had the easiest time connecting like that.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 2:54 am

RANT wrote:btown would be awesome but it'd be hard to find hosts, I think I can host in one toon. sen's is another good one, so many ways to ambush. one thing about setting up the 2v2's, whenever someone is hosting and they connect with an invader that vader will keep vading the same host so it would be good for that vader to keep vading and have the white and red switch spots instead of the vader, the reason beign once you switch to another team it's a pain in the *** to be able to connect once again. I now whenever I host and sneez is there I want him to invade me since we had the easiest time connecting like that.

Very good points, Rant!! At sl 100 Qualagg has been long dead. We can always adjust the the soul level which I have mentioned before. The only other options would be for Hosts to go to ng+ which is asking a lot. Or event members could chip-in and help the hosts to build a char...leaving Qualagg alive.

As for the "vader" aspect. You are absolutely right. However, I am concerned with people wanting to form "perma-teams' as this would be counter productive in keeping it "open" to all participants.

I do have an idea. Tell me what you think. This may seem convoluted but it's the only way I can think of to avoid "perma-teams" but take advantage of "established" connections for summoning.

Host would summon their wss and rss and then get their vader. Now all 4 are "in sync" and should be able to connect much better and faster, (your idea). But to avoid having "perma-teams" which would "shut out" others. After, "x" number of runs the host would then quit game to reset the connection sync and then intentionally summon different players for the next "x" of runs.

Opinions?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon May 20, 2013 3:34 am

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the sync works no matter how two people connect. The last few matches while I was hosting, I think we did every combination and it didn't take very long for all four of us to get thogether.

I think having the host quit & reload should be a last resort. It would be a shame to ruin a good sync and have problems connecting again. What could be useful is; when we have two hosts, sync the hosts so everyone will end up synced. I think it'd be cool to have 3 hosts for two games and rotate. That way a host wouldn't have to host until they were sick of it. Perhaps we should also make sure that invaders are synced with the host through a summon sign before they invade, too. That will cut down on the amount of times they're sent to a random's world.

Finally; I assumed at SL 100 NG+ was standard. So, I busted my balls to get into NG+ to host. And before I tried another character asked if anybody minded if I hosted in NG...

Ahhotep1 wrote:The only other options would be for Hosts to go to ng+ which is asking a lot. Or event members could chip-in and help the hosts to build a char...leaving Qualagg alive.

Spoiler:
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 4:41 am

One thing that I will avoid in this event is ending up with "perma-teams". The same people getting summoned. While others end up sitting around. That is counter-productive to the "open" nature of this event. Also, it would be nice to keep it as uncomplicated as possible. It's a trade-off, I know.

"I believe the sync works no matter how two people connect." Not really sure how this has relevance since my only concern is simply establishing a sync.

So, once the host makes a connection with all team members they do their x-number of runs and then the host resets the connection "potential". Rinse and repeat..summoning a set of different team members. I may be misunderstanding what you are saying Hugh...but I definitely don't won't a perma-team situation to develop leaving others to "sit on the benches" so, to speak. And simply having the host reset seems about as straight forward as it can get.

Your right about switching out hosts. But hosts are limited by whether they have their boss alive or not. Which is why Blightown would mean a brand new build or ng+. Both of which are doable if the "host" is willing.

Also, I am not limited to sl 100. As mentioned before, I will vary the soul level for technical reasons and a little variety. I'll prolly stay around sl 55/60, sl 80, and sl 100 for various events. At this point in the game even someone with a sl 55 has killed Pinwheel for the Rite of Kindling. It's one of the first things I do at sl 1-10 (usually) since I do a lot of low level run throughs silly

I believe you went to ng+ so that you could host the Catacombs and that was much appreciated. But, I couldn't expect that of others as a matter of course for each event. And unfortunately not everyone has the luxury (or wants it) to make new builds for each event. That would be asking a lot. I feel.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I assumed at sl 100 NG+ was standard..." unless you are referring to simply having bosses alive to host? If that be the case...Hosts had already been secured. Two actually: Bees and myself. Luckily, as it turned out you were able to host as was Luvz and Rant. So, we had four hosts!! happy

Your two hosts sync'ing idea is a thought but I wonder if then they would also end up sync'ing with the same team members? Which, again would lead to "perma-team' situation, I fear. I don't know about that one.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon May 20, 2013 9:23 am

BeeSeaEss wrote:I would recommend the Parish or SENS, come on guys, it's going to be a blast! ToTG is pretty nice, but it's a bit far into the game, so people might have trouble speed running to it. But then again, there is ONE MONTH prep time. happy Blighttown has that frame rate issue, which I don't like. the DLC seems pretty good, the township would be awesome! The Elevator part is always fun to trick people into falling. silly
    You can walk there fairly easy, you just can't enter baby skeleton room until you have lord vessel.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Mon May 20, 2013 9:30 am

Lack of better knowledge made me not participate in the latest event. I thought i could not connect with the NA players because of the patch but seems that i've been wrong. My apologies for my absense. Proper Bow

Good points both RANT and Ahho! I gotta agree on the fact that it would be best to make "semi-perma-teams" like Ahho suggested. 4 or 5 runs and then try to summon others, either by quit/reload or just waiting for other signs. Latter wud be better, cause if no new signs can be found, you could summon atleast those you already are connected with.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon May 20, 2013 1:14 pm

that' the thing aho, there wouldn't be permanent teams the way I explained it since my rss and wss would keep rotating with other people so that everyone gets to participate, summoning people through a rss or wss is no problem for me, the problem is the vader which is why I would keep the vader then the other would switch with other people every round.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 1:28 pm

RANT wrote:that' the thing aho, there wouldn't be permanent teams the way I explained it since my rss and wss would keep rotating with other people so that everyone gets to participate, summoning people through a rss or wss is no problem for me, the problem is the vader which is why I would keep the vader then the other would switch with other people every round.

Ok...I see now! Yes, that would work. Because the main kink is the vader (facepalm). Haha!! I blame the hour for missing your point. happy

What do you think of Hughs' idea about sync'ing the two hosts? I don't know if that will help general summoning quality and speed or not.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:"I believe the sync works no matter how two people connect." Not really sure how this has relevance since my only concern is simply establishing a sync.

I'm talking about Rant wanting to keep the vader. It seems to me that once you connect with someone; you can see their sign, they can invade and you can even arrange to be gravelorded that way, all fairly quickly. Unless I'm missing something; that doesn't seem like much of an issue. The only problem is an invader will have to sift through randoms until they get a sync. I suggested having the vader sync with a summon sign first before trying to invade so the vader won't have to waste a bunch of time loading into and out of other people's worlds.

And the idea for syncing the hosts is so we can rotate between people between two teams. And I think it might be easier to do that rather than have people who were synced with the first host try to sync with the second and then maybe have to resync with the original host later. Of course, if someone just can't sync we'll have to try and get them in. I was just saying it should be a last resort, because it's easier to sync one person than three and it'd be a shame to lose a sync and have trouble getting it again.

Wilkinson3424 wrote:
    BeeSeaEss wrote:I would recommend the Parish or SENS, come on guys, it's going to be a blast! ToTG is pretty nice, but it's a bit far into the game, so people might have trouble speed running to it. But then again, there is ONE MONTH prep time. happy Blighttown has that frame rate issue, which I don't like. the DLC seems pretty good, the township would be awesome! The Elevator part is always fun to trick people into falling. silly
    You can walk there fairly easy, you just can't enter baby skeleton room until you have lord vessel.

This is true. But, even though I can't confirm this; I'd bet a stack of humanity and some slabs that like New Londo Ruins it's impossible to host there until you have access to the boss. The fog wall seems to be located at a point that even prevents Leeroy from invading.

Oh, @Bee -- BTW, FYI, FWIW... the link in your sig is to the old thread.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks for clarification Hugh's big grin Though I think my sleepy head was more at fault then anything else. LOL

As for BeeS!! Hahaha!! Good catch...he does that every time I have to make a new cove thread before it splits. big grin

Yeah, I am familiar with how the gravelord's setup their sync's and you just might have a good idea. However, I would be willing to sacrifice a good sync if means others are not getting summoned and just standing around waiting. In that case some delay will have to be tolerated in order to ensure everyone has a fair chance at actually participating.

I will definitely give this some serious thought.

Rant also suggested adding a Gravelord Aspect to the event. Which I am also looking into. happy

Anyone else have additional comments relevant to this discussion or some other aspect of the event itself?

The more I can streamline this event the more AWESOME it will be!!
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Another thing to consider everyone is soul level. I have said that this will be done using different levels. If people want to run with another soul level for next event chime in and let me know. big grin
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Mon May 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Fítz is back and i promise i will post more in here happy
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 pm

Demon Slayer wrote:Fítz is back and i promise i will post more in here happy

Outstanding Fitz!!

Read up and see if you any suggestions! cheers
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue May 21, 2013 1:33 am

Parish sounds great, but can we do catacombs again just 4 me since i didnt get 2 go cause of somethings that happen plzzzzzzzzz big grin

Parish doesnt have much high lvls just low lvl invaders so i think setting it up wont be that hard another good choice be lost izlaith

Lost Izlaith cause u can make dem play happen just no running into demon titan he be a no no

The Playz cheers
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue May 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Nice suggestions, I completely agree in every aspect. Lololololol good luck getting another one going in the catacombs silly
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue May 21, 2013 2:18 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:Parish sounds great, but can we do catacombs again just 4 me since i didnt get 2 go cause of somethings that happen plzzzzzzzzz big grin

Parish doesnt have much high lvls just low lvl invaders so i think setting it up wont be that hard another good choice be lost izlaith

Lost Izlaith cause u can make dem play happen just no running into demon titan he be a no no

The Playz cheers

Funny!!!! lol!

We will come back around to the Catacombs without doubt, my friend! The next location is on the table now. And we can drop the sl to 55/60 or 80 for next one, as well!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:The next location is on the table now. And we can drop the sl to 55/60 or 80 for next one, as well!

Oh, but how will I ever make a crystal magic tank at SL 55...???? 😕 😢

Spoiler:
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue May 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Hughs' I would love to have this in Lost Izalith, including part of the lava area that surrounds the last Bonfire!! But the DinoChickens....the DinoChickens!!!! lol!
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue May 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Now, I am legitimately confused. I speak only of sould level and crystal magic. I come not to praise Lost Izalith (or even burry it). Personally, I don't think Izalith would be a compelling location by any stretch.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue May 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:Now, I am legitimately confused. I speak only of sould level and crystal magic. I come not to praise Lost Izalith (or even burry it). Personally, I don't think Izalith would be a compelling location by any stretch.

I am not sure what soul level and crystal magic have to do with this event. laughing

However, Lost Izalith could be a compelling area, indeed!! Others have requested that area already. Unfortunately, the dinochickens make the lava area (only) unworkable. 'Tis shame, really!
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed May 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    However, Lost Izalith could be a compelling area, indeed!! Others have requested that area already. Unfortunately, the dinochickens make the lava area (only) unworkable. 'Tis shame, really!

Just have it like how it was going 2 be the with no lava area only the place past the 2nd bonfire and no running 2 the demon titan were 4fect like dat kay winking
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed May 22, 2013 3:18 pm

shadowzninjaz wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:

Just have it like how it was going 2 be the with no lava area only the place past the 2nd bonfire and no running 2 the demon titan were 4fect like dat kay winking

Yep! If Izalith is chosen. But the lava would have raised the bar devilishly high! devil
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Wed May 22, 2013 3:48 pm

Ok, everyone! I will be settling on the next location for this event by this Friday at the Bewitching Hour (12 midnight).

So, make your desired locations known. From there I will determine what will be the best soul level.

I'm still working on streamlining the basic mechanics. thumbs up

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 pm