Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Avenger649
Myztyrio
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Automancer
sicktwist
Acarnatia
crbngville2
WandererReece
12 posters

The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT!

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT!

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 am

^ It's a work in progress right now, but I'm thinking 5 attunment slots should be the minimum for the hosts. This will give them variety and a decent amount of castings. Remember, they'll have to eventually kick people to get to the fire. The more slots they have, the less time they have to spend at the fire.

I thought about the MLGS, but I think it may be to localized. We can try it and see if it works.

What's you attunment at? If you wear the rings, then you may get 5 slots.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT!

Post by crbngville2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm

Hey Reece,
    I only have 1 Caster build, that could get 5 slots with rings. The rest are all melee builds with 2 slots. MLGS when 2 handed has great range on it's R2. Will give you an update on whether my caster can host Painted World, when i get home on Friday. Finding enough hosts is toughest thing when trying to put together these play sessions.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:04 am

I just remembered emit force. Do you all think the AoE is big enough?
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:27 am

Yes. All of the AoE attacks/spells/miracles cover enough area IMO. The trick for the host will be timing the spells to hopefully catch both of the duelists. I.E. casting when both are at close range melee.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:05 pm

PSN is EmergenceDS, my host will be 100.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 pm

I think MLGS 2-handed R2 is a pretty good hazard. Only thing is whomever is shooting it needs to be pretty good at aiming it unlocked because that thing is quite damaging. Don't want to key in on only one of the fighters while the other gets off scot-free.

Basically the host has to be able to consistently be able to get it to explode in-between both fighters.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Update. I can host Painted World with my Sl125 mage. 5 attunement slots n five hazards. So should be able to host everyone. On cell phone n hate it, post again monday.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 pm

WandererReece wrote:Level Restrictions:

Hosts must be 100 – 120, no exceptions.

Other participants must be 100 – 120. They may be outside this range, but it may limit the amount of host able to summon them.

Sorry, but host can only be a maximum of 120, but you can participate as a dueler. I've already thought this through. Having the range like this allows me to be strict with the level range, but also lets me be somewhat lenient. If I didn't have a set level range for hosts this event would go up to the 200s. lol!

I've been thinking about the time. I think I got enough host to make it a 12 tournament. It will start at 9:00 am. EST.

I can't decide on location. I think the Occult Ember Spot and the bottom of the Harpy Tower would be good spots.

Occult Spot:

Pro: great size, looks great.

Con: well guarded, It wouldn't be a problem for a vet, but host will have to repeatedly rest at the fire.

Bottom of Harpy Tower:

Pro: good size, unguarded

Con: dosen't look as good as the other choice.

Last edited by WandererReece on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:01 pm

That Occult spot is problematic in practice (speaking from experience) because of the archways people tend to hide under and it can be a labor for the host to clear out all the harpies that trigger there. It's also a difficult spot for a host to get a good vantage point.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:56 pm

[Message edited cuz i'm an idiot. LOL.] The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT! - Page 2 3358384175
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Automancer wrote:[Message edited cuz i'm an idiot. LOL.] The Hazardous Tournament !EVENT! - Page 2 3358384175

Mod?
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:54 pm

No lol that's not our style to snip and insult like that.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:11 pm

Occult spot for me.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 am

Emergence wrote:No lol that's not our style to snip and insult like that.

It looked like an edit made by a mod, but I never seen them use the word idiot.

Last edited by WandererReece on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It didn't have a t.)
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Emergence wrote:No lol that's not our style to snip and insult like that.

I looked like an edit made by a mod, but I never seen them use the word idiot.

Not publicly at least. silly
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Wow. We don't seem to be getting much interest.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:11 pm

I think interest is there, it's just that it's about time for that next step to be taken.

There's been a lot of theorizing but little action thus far.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:18 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:I think interest is there, it's just that it's about time for that next step to be taken.

There's been a lot of theorizing but little action thus far.
    Yeah, well i got 5 builds between sl114-127 parked in the Painted World. All can host and one can Gravelord. However, the only mage of the group is sl125. So, can't host for this specific event. But, if nothing is going on I'll start hosting/gravelording in the main courtyard just to hopefully get into a fight.
    BTW Pendant, I work in WPB but live up in G'ville. Good to meet a fellow Floridian.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 pm

crbngville2 wrote:BTW Pendant, I work in WPB but live up in G'ville. Good to meet a fellow Floridian.

Damn, son! That's a drive! You do that every day?
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    crbngville2 wrote:BTW Pendant, I work in WPB but live up in G'ville. Good to meet a fellow Floridian.

Damn, son! That's a drive! You do that every day?
    No, I drive down on Monday and back on Friday. Work 3-10 hour days Tue-Thur, half days on Mon & Fri when I travel.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:42 pm

Oh Ok, that makes a lot more sense. happy
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:08 pm

Reece needs to quit necroing threads and get a solid date and spot hashed out silly

Getting participants is fine at that lvl, grab whoever is here, and then hop into chatango and plug the event while it's happening. That is always good for a few more participants. For every one that steps up and says yeah, 2 silents show up and drop signs too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:24 pm

I actually have a toon I think I could host on with this depending on where it takes place. Such as if by the Centipede Demon since he doesn't have many places open but is a mage so he has a good deal of attunement.

Or I could just use two seance rings.

I remember during the Sen's event I actually tried to do this and would cast TwoP after running in between both fighters. Every time they kicked me and I ran away with my tail between my legs haha.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 pm

Emergence wrote:Reece needs to quit necroing threads and get a solid date and spot hashed out silly

Getting participants is fine at that lvl, grab whoever is here, and then hop into chatango and plug the event while it's happening. That is always good for a few more participants. For every one that steps up and says yeah, 2 silents show up and drop signs too.

That was a boring day at work. The most interesting thing that happened was a paper jam. This site is one of the few sites that isn't blocked.

Also, I chated with some of my friends, and the majority said Harpy Tower, so I'll have it there.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Date?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm