Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
Noob-of-Artorias
Soulfirexp
Kyuseishu
Juutas
Razz
nopseudoidea
ladycakes31
User1
eminusx
psychichobo
RANT
Infighter
Sentiel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Spurgun
LunarFog
Nybbles
Animaaal
Automancer
The Letter X
IV_Mark_VI
JoeBroski09
kazumoshi
Samurainova
28 posters

Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

Poll

Do you like this list?

[ 7 ]
    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 I_vote_lcap28%Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [28%] 
    [ 21 ]
    Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 I_vote_lcap54%Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [54%] 

Total Votes: 39
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons - Page 3 Empty Re: Dark Souls Top Ten Weapons

Post by User1 Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm

I'd make a joke about the BSS being casul, but last time I did that, I got downvoted.
    nopseudoidea

Post by nopseudoidea Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:50 am

My top ten :

1. Greatsword (main NG+ weapon, 700+ AR while enchanted)
    2. Painting Guardian Sword (best. moveset. ever. and an incredible boss killer)
    3. Halberd (#1 PVP weapon, R2s are awesome)
    4. Murakumo (another excellent sword for PVP, thanks to the rolling and backstep attacks)
    5. Moonlight Greatsword
    6. Longsword
    7. Claymore
    8. Great Lord Greatsword
    9. Estoc
    10. Avelyn

Haven't used a lot of weapons though. I really need to try the Lucerne, the Great Scythe, the Broadsword, the Flamberge ...
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:40 am

[quote="nopseudoidea"]My top ten :

1. Greatsword (main NG+ weapon, 700+ AR while enchanted)
    2. Painting Guardian Sword (best. moveset. ever. and an incredible boss killer)
    3. Halberd (#1 PVP weapon, R2s are awesome)
    4. Murakumo (another excellent sword for PVP, thanks to the rolling and backstep attacks)
    5. Moonlight Greatsword
    6. Longsword
    7. Claymore
    8. Great Lord Greatsword
    9. Estoc
    10. Avelyn

Haven't used a lot of weapons though. I really need to try the Lucerne, the Great Scythe, the Broadword (Sponsored by Billy's House of Cutlery), the Flamberge ...[/quote

Decent list I must say, I can tell you right off the bat though that Lucerne isn't worth your time. It sucks in almost every way.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:No spear=crappy top ten. If we're talking about versatility and dps I vote for ricard's beign number one, buff with dmb3, press r2 and win.

I think its pretty harsh to say my top ten is crappy just because their is no spear. Plus, I did mention spears in the comments. I also stated my plea against the ricards rapier in number three of my top ten so please make an effort more towards reading. Thank you happy

If two people with the same skill level go up against each other and one of the is using a spear the spear wins every time, so that makes it the best weapons in the game, damn phantom reach really sucks.

I personally disagree, but thank god dark souls 2 will show your opponent getti tired as he loses stamina
    Razz
    Razz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Razz Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:56 pm

The moonlight greatsword is really a great weapon for who can use it. Its normal swing almost circles you making it a defensive attack as well, it stuns like crazy, and it has some midrange attacks that surprise a lot of players and it great for keeping your mage out of the melee fighting range.

The great scythe is also very versatile; combining great range with decent damage, usefull moves on both the onehanded and twohanded stance and the ability to get behind shields if you are good with it.

The estoc is a great weapon for the parry and backstab happy, who think rapiers are not versatile enough (as this weapon has a sweeping attack as well) though it isnt as great to fight bosses with who can not be backstabbed (do to the low damage output). I used it much when I did not know the enemies as well as I do now; it enables you to play causiously, using your shield ánd attacking, which is something very handy in Dark souls.

For low level players I think the reinforced club is pretty cool: a huge damage-output for a onehanded weapon and it stuns well as well. The leaping attack is really mighty. This weapon isnt great at PvP though, as it has short range, its leap attack is predictable and leaves you open and is just too slow. For low level PvE it is very good though.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:23 am

Razz wrote:The moonlight greatsword is really a great weapon for who can use it. Its normal swing almost circles you making it a defensive attack as well, it stuns like crazy, and it has some midrange attacks that surprise a lot of players and it great for keeping your mage out of the melee fighting range.

The great scythe is also very versatile; combining great range with decent damage, usefull moves on both the onehanded and twohanded stance and the ability to get behind shields if you are good with it.

The estoc is a great weapon for the parry and backstab happy, who think rapiers are not versatile enough (as this weapon has a sweeping attack as well) though it isnt as great to fight bosses with who can not be backstabbed (do to the low damage output). I used it much when I did not know the enemies as well as I do now; it enables you to play causiously, using your shield ánd attacking, which is something very handy in Dark souls.

For low level players I think the reinforced club is pretty cool: a huge damage-output for a onehanded weapon and it stuns well as well. The leaping attack is really mighty. This weapon isnt great at PvP though, as it has short range, its leap attack is predictable and leaves you open and is just too slow. For low level PvE it is very good though.

Very good list i must say. happy The moonlight greatsword was defeniately a contender becuse it is indeed a great weapon. The thing is that you must defeat seath and cut off his tail in order to obtain it, also, it requires a high intellegience in order to be of any use. Two significant cons keeping it from mamking the list.

The reinforced club is also good but a little predictable to parry and didnt go up for reasons you already stated in your very inofrmative reasoning.

Indeed the estoc is awesome, and would probably be a good choice for a rapier user who isnt looking for criticals. However, due to the rapiers base damage ( unbuffed) criticals play a rather large role in its usage, especially due to the dlc patch.

Great descriptions and weapons i like it happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 am

Soooo....a top 10 and it doesn't have Chaos Blade, long spears, Quelaag's Furysword, Moonlight Greatsword or Halberd? what is this madness?

I agree that Claymore is a really good weapon, but you got to remember that in order to have effective Claymore you need more stat investment than some other top tier weapons and that just doesn't put it even on top 3 for BEST weapons when we look all the sides of the matter.
    Kyuseishu
    Kyuseishu
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyuseishu Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:24 am

Good list.
    Razz
    Razz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Razz Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:59 am

Samurainova wrote:
    Very good list i must say. happy The moonlight greatsword was defeniately a contender becuse it is indeed a great weapon. The thing is that you must defeat seath and cut off his tail in order to obtain it, also, it requires a high intellegience in order to be of any use. Two significant cons keeping it from mamking the list.

The reinforced club is also good but a little predictable to parry and didnt go up for reasons you already stated in your very inofrmative reasoning.

Indeed the estoc is awesome, and would probably be a good choice for a rapier user who isnt looking for criticals. However, due to the rapiers base damage ( unbuffed) criticals play a rather large role in its usage, especially due to the dlc patch.

Great descriptions and weapons i like it happy

Thanks happy! I only played as a highlevel mage and as lowlevel characters (the Rclub on my lvl 1 char), so I can not say a lot about the strength and dex weapons on your list, I just wanted to list the ones that I found the most usefull. The thing you say about rapiers is legit, but still prefer a weapon that is usefull in more situations. Rapiers are not that good against multiple enemies, due to their small hitbox, and I think the sweeping attack is very handy because of that.

I agree the claymore is a pretty cool weapon; it is pretty fast, hits like a truck, has long reach, a diverse moveset, its requirements are really low and it can be found quite early in the game. No complaints here:).

The balder side sword is indeed a great weapon, but in PvP I think I would rather use simular the estoc (same reach, a little less damage, but increased backstab/parry and the ability to poke behind the shield) or the simular claymore (slower, but more stunpower and reach, able to engage tankers). It is one of the most balanced weapons, though, usable for both small and big enemies and against and with a lot of builds.

I think I am going to make a strenght and dex build some time, to try out some of the weapons you mentioned happy.

Oh, and my two cents about the spears: They are usefull in PvE, but their low damage output makes them less usefull with the later bosses. In PvP their hitbox is simply to small; it is a bit of a one-trick-pony that is evaded easily. Reach is nice and all, but if it is evaded easily it loses much of its power.
    Soulfirexp

Post by Soulfirexp Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:29 pm

hard to pick a top ten for me but i pick of few favorites of mine not in this order just wep i enjoy using in Pve

10 .Velka Rapier - looks nice and has a useful heavy for PVE which combos well with a standard attack after the first 2 swings
    9 - Iaito - Great allrounder and an cool looking heavy
    8 - Abyss Greatsword - Dat 2 handed heavy a lot of fun though its pretty weak till late game
    7 - Moonlight greatsword - looks cool, fun heavy attacks and when not resisted is a monster on an INT build
    6 - Lucerne - looks cool effective with leo ring and unique
    5 - Gold tracer - looks nice and darn effective
    4 - Pick axe - a little monster especially with leo ring
    3 - Greatsword - Grew to love it on a TARKUS playthrough
    2 - any Curved greatsword - Unique moveset and i love thier sprint attacks
    1 - butcher knife - good dmg and good moveset
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Soulfirexp wrote:hard to pick a top ten for me but i pick of few favorites of mine not in this order just wep i enjoy using in Pve

10 .Velka Rapier - looks nice and has a useful heavy for PVE which combos well with a standard attack after the first 2 swings
    9 - Iaito - Great allrounder and an cool looking heavy
    8 - Abyss Greatsword - Dat 2 handed heavy a lot of fun though its pretty weak till late game
    7 - Moonlight greatsword - looks cool, fun heavy attacks and when not resisted is a monster on an INT build
    6 - Lucerne - looks cool effective with leo ring and unique
    5 - Gold tracer - looks nice and darn effective
    4 - Pick axe - a little monster especially with leo ring
    3 - Greatsword - Grew to love it on a TARKUS playthrough
    2 - any Curved greatsword - Unique moveset and i love thier sprint attacks
    1 - butcher knife - good dmg and good moveset

this is Avery interesting weapons list! Very interesting and unique weapon sh ere I must say happy instead of any curved great sword could you specify which one, I think theirs only three winking
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:05 pm

While I agree with some aspects of this list, you make a couple of unorthadox choices...

I might as well post mine...

10. Great Scythe: This weapon is quite a conundrum in PVP, when you know how to use it, it's amazing, when you don't it's terrible. It's a weapon that depends entirely on running attacks and R2's, as the R1's are slow and easy to parry. That said, I've done some amazing things with this weapon, and because of it's wide reach it's great for crowd control.

9. The Great Club: In my opinion this is the optimal strength weapon. It doesn't weigh a ton, it scales amazingly and to top it all off it's buffable. It takes practice to use it effectively but once you get it down it's incredible in PVP. A single backstab from this beast can kill many builds outright.

8. The Gargoyle Halberd: Combine the low weight and stat requirements of the Halberd with the unparalleled badassery of the the Black Knight Halbred and you get the Gargoyle Halberd. A great moveset combined with pretty tight scaling makes this weapon something to behold in PVP.

7. Iatio: While the Uchigatana is technically strongger and has lower stat requirements, and the Chaos Blade bleeds faster and is stronger. Iaito has the deadlyest moveset. When I first started playing this game competitively, Iaito was my go-to weapon and for good reason, it's fast, it's furious and it's fantastic.

6. Ricards Rapier: While it doesn't have the critical multipliers of the Rapier and it doesn't have the swag of Velkas Rapier, Ricards Rapier is in my opinion the superior thrust sword. The A Scaling in Dex and 2 in weight means that this weapon can be used by almost every dex build. Ricards true power however comes from it's amazing R2 attack, which when combined with a buff and a little poise, can result in 1 shot kills.

5. The Balder Side Sword: While the BSS might not be the most easily obtained straight sword in the game (in fact it's probably the opposite) it is the easier to work with. The Baler Side Swords reach and flexibility gives it amazing prowess in PVP. That combined with it's A scaling in Dexterity and it's killer R2 has made this weapon feared in PVP and for good reason.

4. The Demon Greataxe: I. Love. This. Weapon. Known among PVPophiles as having the highest damage in the game (when applied correctly) the Demon Great Axe combines my two most important qualities, Power, and Moveset. While not as easy to use as dex weapons, the greataxes are probably the most approachable Strength wepaons, and this one is king of the mountain.

3. The Moonlight Greatsword: My personal favorite weapon in the game. The Moonlight Greatsword is an unusual weapon with an unusual moveset and killer power. While initially designed to give Mages something to fight with, the MLGS has all the function of typical greatsword, but the added benefit of pure magic damage, and the ability to shoot laser beams. Some people claim that the MLGS's R2's are easy to dodge and are more trouble than their worth...to them I say, "You haven't seen me use them yet..."

2. The Dragon Slayer Spear: Easily one of the most frustrating weapons in the game to fight, the DSS is a weapon you essentially have to make a build around. While it has high stat requirements and a hefty weight, it's amazing range combined with it's killer damage makes it amazing to wield and a nightmare to face. The one downside to the DSS is it's less than optimal 2HR2, which is slow and cumbersome, but it's almost made up for by its 1HR2, which is a fast moving shot of lightning, perfect to strike the foe who tries to run from this weapons might.

and finally at number 1...

1. The Falchion: This weapon is death incarnate, easy to use, grade A scaling, and it's buffable to boot. Many people overlook the Falchion in favor of the Gold Tracer now a days, but I still think the Falchion takes it, with slightly superior damage and range, the Falcion becomes neigh unstoppable when applied correctly and especially with a buff. I've lost more to wielders of this weapon than just about any other. A weapon I love and loath at the same time, and so it takes the top spot and #1.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:30 am

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:While I agree with some aspects of this list, you make a couple of unorthadox choices...

10. Great Scythe: This weapon is quite a conundrum in PVP, when you know how to use it, it's amazing, when you don't it's terrible. It's a weapon that depends entirely on running attacks and R2's, as the R1's are slow and easy to parry. That said, I've done some amazing things with this weapon, and because of it's wide reach it's great for crowd control.

9. The Great Club: In my opinion this is the optimal strength weapon. It doesn't weigh a ton, it scales amazingly and to top it all off it's buffable. It takes practice to use it effectively but once you get it down it's incredible in PVP. A single backstab from this beast can kill many builds outright.

8. The Gargoyle Halberd: Combine the low weight and stat requirements of the Halberd with the unparalleled badassery of the the Black Knight Halbred and you get the Gargoyle Halberd. A great moveset combined with pretty tight scaling makes this weapon something to behold in PVP.

7. Iatio: While the Uchigatana is technically strongger and has lower stat requirements, and the Chaos Blade bleeds faster and is stronger. Iaito has the deadlyest moveset. When I first started playing this game competitively, Iaito was my go-to weapon and for good reason, it's fast, it's furious and it's fantastic.

6. Ricards Rapier: While it doesn't have the critical multipliers of the Rapier and it doesn't have the swag of Velkas Rapier, Ricards Rapier is in my opinion the superior thrust sword. The A Scaling in Dex and 2 in weight means that this weapon can be used by almost every dex build. Ricards true power however comes from it's amazing R2 attack, which when combined with a buff and a little poise, can result in 1 shot kills.

5. The Balder Side Sword: While the BSS might not be the most easily obtained straight sword in the game (in fact it's probably the opposite) it is the easier to work with. The Baler Side Swords reach and flexibility gives it amazing prowess in PVP. That combined with it's A scaling in Dexterity and it's killer R2 has made this weapon feared in PVP and for good reason.

4. The Demon Greataxe: I. Love. This. Weapon. Known among PVPophiles as having the highest damage in the game (when applied correctly) the Demon Great Axe combines my two most important qualities, Power, and Moveset. While not as easy to use as dex weapons, the greataxes are probably the most approachable Strength wepaons, and this one is king of the mountain.

3. The Moonlight Greatsword: My personal favorite weapon in the game. The Moonlight Greatsword is an unusual weapon with an unusual moveset and killer power. While initially designed to give Mages something to fight with, the MLGS has all the function of typical greatsword, but the added benefit of pure magic damage, and the ability to shoot laser beams. Some people claim that the MLGS's R2's are easy to dodge and are more trouble than their worth...to them I say, "You haven't seen me use them yet..."

2. The Dragon Slayer Spear: Easily one of the most frustrating weapons in the game to fight, the DSS is a weapon you essentially have to make a build around. While it has high stat requirements and a hefty weight, it's amazing range combined with it's killer damage makes it amazing to wield and a nightmare to face. The one downside to the DSS is it's less than optimal 2HR2, which is slow and cumbersome, but it's almost made up for by its 1HR2, which is a fast moving shot of lightning, perfect to strike the foe who tries to run from this weapons might.

1. The Falchion: This weapon is death incarnate, easy to use, grade A scaling, and it's buffable to boot. Many people overlook the Falchion in favor of the Gold Tracer now a days, but I still think the Falchion takes it, with slightly superior damage and range, the Falcion becomes neigh unstoppable when applied correctly and especially with a buff. I've lost more to wielders of this weapon than just about any other. A weapon I love and loath at the same time, and so it takes the top spot and #1.

Very excellent choices I must say! I also highly appreciate your reasoning. I must honestly say I disagree with with a lot of these but you definitely have your reasons and i have mine happy personally I do love the filching, but my bee with it is that the only way I've seen anyone win with it is by buffing it and shacking away with no meet. While this is indeed wry effective it's reliance on a buff to win makes it lose major points. Without is buff the falchion becomes severely less intimidating and the right person coul party it with relative ease. That is why it was not put on my list. Also, I can't believe a claymore did not make this list. I feel that claymore should have some spot on any top tens list, seeing as how it's virtually useful in any situation. I do not have moonlight I my top ten for obvious reasons but your reasoning is solid as it is indeed an magnificent weapon, almost everything else I agree with. happy
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Samurainova wrote:
    Noob-of-Artorias wrote:While I agree with some aspects of this list, you make a couple of unorthadox choices...

Very excellent choices I must say! I also highly appreciate your reasoning. I must honestly say I disagree with with a lot of these but you definitely have your reasons and i have mine happy personally I do love the filching, but my bee with it is that the only way I've seen anyone win with it is by buffing it and shacking away with no meet. While this is indeed wry effective it's reliance on a buff to win makes it lose major points. Without is buff the falchion becomes severely less intimidating and the right person coul party it with relative ease. That is why it was not put on my list. Also, I can't believe a claymore did not make this list. I feel that claymore should have some spot on any top tens list, seeing as how it's virtually useful in any situation. I do not have moonlight I my top ten for obvious reasons but your reasoning is solid as it is indeed an magnificent weapon, almost everything else I agree with. happy

I tried to keep it to one weapon per weapon class, and the Claymore to me is very easy to parry, even the R2.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:
    Samurainova wrote:

I tried to keep it to one weapon per weapon class, and the Claymore to me is very easy to parry, even the R2.

Indeed, someone who can't use it correctly can easily be parried. But someone of master skill will never get parried with it. This is why it's my number one, even though I personally do not use the claymore. The claymore is a direct reflection of ones skill happy have you ever seen someone call a claymore user cheap? winking
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Thu May 09, 2013 12:01 am

I guess not. Anymore lists?
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon May 20, 2013 12:21 pm

I was thinking of making a 20-11 list, any suggestions?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 20, 2013 12:30 pm

I only use about 10 weapons, so..
    Mind you, I do have a few in mind.
    Here I go!

20: Zwei
    19: Grant
    18: Tin Crystallization Catalyst
    17: Winged Spear
    16: Scimitar
    15: Greatsword
    14: Murakumo
    13: Estoc
    12: Rapier
    11: Darksword

How does that look?
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Mon May 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Murakumo is a definite, rapier is already number 3, zwei gander is number five happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Agh! Forgive me, I don't remember the OP! sad
    Oh well though. It's something!!
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 am

Hey
    everyone, spent the last few nights trawling through the threads and finally
    decided to make an account to add my 2 cents into this one (great thread BTW
    Samurai).

Bear in mind
    that I have little PVP experience, so my choice is based mainly around PVE
    applications. That being said I don’t really choose my weapons based on DPS or
    stats (at least not as heavily as some of my friends who play) but on moveset—spose
    technically speaking that’s a mechanic in the game though—aesthetics and
    roleplaying swagness.

Anyway, in
    no particular order:

1-Murakumo

This was my
    main on my first ever character, now deleted, into whom I sank 150+ hours. This
    was also the weapon I was wielding when I first felt I had fully grasped the
    game. I’m sure you can all remember that point when you started making 99% of
    your parrys, flawlessed a boss, broke out of a bosses grab(!!!) for the first
    time. So I can happily say I have come to the defense of this weapon purely out
    of a sense of familial obligation. That being said I love the move set, the
    scaling is good. Buffable and all upgrade paths make for a very versatile
    weapon. The only major downside is the high STR requirements for a DEX weapon.

2-Silver
    Knight Straight Sword

IMO better
    than the BKS. With both at plus +5 and with a similar spread in the relevant
    stats I find the damage is comparable, the big difference being that the SKSS
    is a lot more 1H friendly and faster. Also in my experience there is a much
    longer than expected phantom hitbox (correct terminology?) on the sprinting
    2HR1 attack. Sure its only upgradable with twinkling titanite but hey, this is
    all about my preference right?

3-Lifehunt
    Scythe

Looks so
    much better than the GScythe, although maybe a little less range/reach. 500 bleed
    is nice, as is the build-up to it, although the damage you take is a pretty
    bitter pill to swallow. Definetly needs a secondary in your main hand for those
    times you feel your getting the worst out of the deal. Movesets just as good as
    the regular GS. And just from a RP point of view I think its cool to take a
    weapon whose description says that even the gods feared it into the fight
    against Zeus, although I always feel bad for killing Priscilla in NG.

4-Claw

Decent scaling.
    Nice quick R1s. And that roll move is awesome. Usually my secondary when using
    ^^^ because it can keep the bleed bar up while you wait for yours to go down. This
    is also the only weapon I regularly modify to elemental aswell, although no
    real reasoning behind that.

5-DragonSlayer
    Spear

For all the
    reasons already provided by Noob. Also because Ornstein is my favourite character
    ingame.

Would love
    to give you guys more but I really want to put some thought into it and edit in
    the remainder later.

PS could
    someone PM me instructions on how to change my avatar?

My bad on the spacing, wrote it out in MSword and copy/pasted.
    First forum FTW

Last edited by Hart on Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am

Hello folks,

your lists are all very interesting and also your arguments for or against the ratings of the weapons.

I only wanted to give my opinion on the claymore! I like this weapon! It has a very cool move set and is powerful in lots of cases of application. But I was totally shocked when I tried to fight Kalameet. The damage against this dragon was so little (in opposit to what I was used the claymore does against other enemies)! And because of its slow moves you can only hit 2 times. At the end I had to take my BSS. It does a lot more dmg! Lightning Claymore+5: 75 - 200 dmg, BSS+15 about 400 to 600 (I don't know the exact amounts at the moment, but this was the felt quantity). My build has 16 in str and 40 in dex and 40 in end.
    And I feel the BSS is also better vor pvp because it is very light and fast. Although the claymore can stun the opponent.

However, I don't know whether a Claymore+15 is much better with my stats than my Lightning Claymore +5.
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue May 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Great list hart! The murakumo is an excellent weapon indeed! It would have made the top ten if it were not necessary to kill an NPC, a merchant at that, in order to obtain it with ease. Huge accessibility point loss their. That thing stuns insanely though, and the jump attack.... No words necessary. As for opinion on the claymore, a lightning may do better at lower levels, but higher levels regular will definitely be better, it's a given for all weapons. Indeed the BSS does hit really hard, especially on a dexterity build. It is definitely my personal number one and my best weapon, however the claymore beats it in terms of accessibility versatility, diversity, and ingenuity. The BSS has to little variation, because someone who does not utilize a side swords thrust simply is not using it to its full extent

Last edited by Samurainova on Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Tue May 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Great list hart! The murakumo is an excellent weapon indeed! It would have made the top ten if it were not necessary to kill an NPC, a merchant at that, in order to obtain it with ease. Huge accessibility point loss their. That thing stuns insanely though, and the jump attack.... No words necessary. As for opinion on the claymore, a lightning may do better at lower levels, but higher levels regular will definitely be better, it's a given for all weapons. Indeed the BSS does hit really hard, especially on a dexterity build. It is definitely my personal number one and my best weapon, however the claymore beats it in terms of accessibility versatility, diversity, and ingenuity. The BSS has to little variation, because someone who does not utilize a side swords thrust simply is not using it to its full extent

Last edited by Samurainova on Tue May 21, 2013 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Samurainova wrote:Great list hart! The murakumo is an excellent weapon indeed! It would have made the top ten if it were not necessary to kill an NPC, a merchant at that, in order to obtain it.

Giant skeletons.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:46 am