Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Resident Evil 4 HD

Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Resident Evil 4 HD Empty Resident Evil 4 HD

Post by Henkyona Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:16 am

I forgot I had it on my PS3, I aslo completely forgot how bad and sluggish the controls are but I still love the game aside from Ashley that is happy
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Resident Evil 4 HD Empty Re: Resident Evil 4 HD

Post by Longshot Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 pm

and it's still better than 5 and 6. 5 was still fun, but 6... 6 is garbage.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:44 pm

^ 6 had too many cut scenes and button prompts. If it had only 25% of what it has now, then it would have been the best in the series. Unfortunately, we now debate about if it's a game or a movie. I'm on the movie side.

5 is good because of the co-op.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:56 pm

WandererReece wrote:^ 6 had too many cut scenes and button prompts. If it had only 25% of what it has now, then it would have been the best in the series. Unfortunately, we now debate about if it's a game or a movie. I'm on the movie side.

if RE was a dedicated action game, 6 might be good, being fast paced and action oriented. it emphasizes on character bonuses (a la skill points) rather than character development (yellow herbs gradually increase HP as you progress; countered by tougher enemies, and weapon customizations that force you to choose one over another like RE4). The health system is retarded; your character takes up half the screen and kills your SA; item management is worse than RE5 (personally, I would've expanded the RE5's boxes from 9 to 24 by adding additional boxes surrounding the original 9, each boxes being bought with ingame currency). It's more like playing CoD on campaign than a survival horror.

4 had less and better story than 6.

I'm also getting sick of how monsters gain mass out of nowhere, instantaneously and it's getting worse with each subsequent game. Hell, Saddler is much smaller than most bosses in 5 or 6, I couldn't take Irving or that guy in 6 seriously at all because they changed from human size to a goddamn whale in a matter of seconds. I'm not saying science in RE was ever believable, but 5 and 6? Might as throw in a unicorn vomiting T-virus/plagas rainbow.
    Henkyona
    Henkyona
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Henkyona Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:28 pm

Longshot wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:^ 6 had too many cut scenes and button prompts. If it had only 25% of what it has now, then it would have been the best in the series. Unfortunately, we now debate about if it's a game or a movie. I'm on the movie side.

if RE was a dedicated action game, 6 might be good, being fast paced and action oriented. it emphasizes on character bonuses (a la skill points) rather than character development (yellow herbs gradually increase HP as you progress; countered by tougher enemies, and weapon customizations that force you to choose one over another like RE4). The health system is retarded; your character takes up half the screen and kills your SA; item management is worse than RE5 (personally, I would've expanded the RE5's boxes from 9 to 24 by adding additional boxes surrounding the original 9, each boxes being bought with ingame currency). It's more like playing CoD on campaign than a survival horror.

4 had less and better story than 6.

I'm also getting sick of how monsters gain mass out of nowhere, instantaneously and it's getting worse with each subsequent game. Hell, Saddler is much smaller than most bosses in 5 or 6, I couldn't take Irving or that guy in 6 seriously at all because they changed from human size to a goddamn whale in a matter of seconds. I'm not saying science in RE was ever believable, but 5 and 6? Might as throw in a unicorn vomiting T-virus/plagas rainbow.
    I heard that was gonna be in Resident Evil-We ran out of ideas to purposely kill of franchise.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:56 pm

I absolutely hated RE5. Worst game in the series. RE6 was an improvement. I'm not here to discuss the RE series though.

I've considered buying RE4 HD on the XBL Market, but i've been told games you buy online only work... well... online. And i wouldn't want to buy a game i can't use once the new xbox is released and they decide to turn off xbl on the 360.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:57 pm

4 is my favorite one. But this without talking about the original series 1-3. Those games were amazing, RE 3 being the best I ever played! Then 4 came with new graphics and rotating camera which is nice, but then 5 screwed up things a little bit. Still fun, but I got really dissapoited when the game turned from "Survivor horror" to "Shoot everything on sight"
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 pm

4 - Ashley has decent AI. Enemy is tough. Sense of danger and struggle. Limited ammo, money and space forces players to make opportunity costs. Each weapon has a purpose and application. The game has atmosphere. Player is really in control, the game is fair and challenging, not unlike Souls series. If you died, it was your fault. Good, understandable, vanilla story. Solid music. Minigames are good too. Post-modern manly Lovecraftian adventure replete with damsel in distress, feeling of despair and HELL YEAH FLASH GRENADES - YOU PERVERT!

5 - Suicidal AI partner also refuses to pick up items. Better tank controls, quick item menu at cost of inventory space. More action, less fear. MUCH easier, atmosphere is meh. BSAA = Red shirts. Story is slightly retarded, but not bad. Monsters make no sense and grow ginormous. Weapon management/upgrades are kind of an afterthought, no effort. Faster pace, no sense of danger. GREAT hand-to-hand combat, awesome tag team combos. Chris is on roids. Seriously. You don't move a 2000lb boulder by punching it. wtf Jill? Mind control that attaches to your heart. Daaawww. It's fun, but it's not RE4. DLC Chris/Jill mission was EPIC. Mercenaries may be better than the actual game lol. 90's era National Geographic + Zombies. Makes you grind. WTF. RIP Wesker, you deserved a better boss battle.

6 - This bucket of vomit. This goddamn thing. Fails to capitalize on story development of 4 and 5, Replaces the robust weapons system by adding a default hand-to-hand and retarded hip-fire that pretty much makes every weapon the same. Like watching a horrible action movie. Dialogue is crap, story is crap. I had no attachment to the characters. Item menu is horrible, quicktime events everywhere, half-assed puzzles, retarded, cheap enemies and bosses... I could go on. Half the game threw you in retarded situations where you had to learn a whole new set of controls to play, like running scenes (against the camera ftw), fly a harrier jumpjet (lololol that's not how planes work and why can Chris pilot a plane), and drive a humvee (they don't go that fast irl). Cover system - fail. Crawl system - useless. Game literally holds your hand and guides you via phone - fail. BSAA = Red shirts. Seriously the only good thing about this game is the naked blonde chick boss waving her ta-tas midfight and Chris's opening dialogue where he's piss drunk and tells the bartender her job is to look pretty and pour booze. The only thing missing was a demand for a sandwich. If you don't believe me play Chris' campaign ch.3 (I think) and go on the playground. This game is a sick joke of a failure.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 pm

Henkyona wrote:I forgot I had it on my PS3, I aslo completely forgot how bad and sluggish the controls are but I still love the game aside from Ashley that is happy

plaese, do never change your avatar

ANd I agree with the post above, but I haven't played full RE6 yet
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:17 pm

off topic in an off topic forum -

I just played mercenaries in RE6 and it's really good. like, better than the campaign good XD
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Longshot wrote:off topic in an off topic forum -

I just played mercenaries in RE6 and it's really good. like, better than the campaign good XD

Anything is better then that campaign. lol!
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 pm

that sudden moment when you realize the game should have been sold as Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3 instead of RE6 (and the campaign as a minigame) :shock:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 am