Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Carphil
WandererReece
barrywilkins
Rynn
9 posters

Resident Evil 6

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Resident Evil 6 Empty Resident Evil 6

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:40 am

What the *** is this piece of **** I just put in my console? This has to be the worst gaming experience I've ever had.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Resident Evil 6 Empty Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:31 am

Here, let me give some CONTEXT to this piece of **** if you havn't played it.

For a bit more detail though, I've not once gone more then 10 seconds without having to do either a quicktime event or getting a "Press the trigger to auto-kill the enemy!" FMV.
    I'm currently holding 9 guns, and when I try to drop one, I'm not permitted to remove any guns from my inventory: which is a problem because I only have 9 inventory slots, so I can't pick up ammo for all my guns, and get healing items, grenades, or all the other neat items it's trying to throw at me: This is a problem because I can't see what type of ammo I'm attempting to pick up until I actually -pick- it up, and then I later have to drop it again if it's not a gun I can give inventory space to the ammo of.
    Picture this scene: There is dead bodies propped in chairs, laying all over the floor, etc, and you have to walk through the room. What do you do? Well I pop a few rounds into their heads of course. Now try to waltz through that room and watch every single body, that was previously invulnrable to all forms of damage, leap up, get a free grab attack on you, and -then fight them-. Waste 4 healing items (because I'm on the highest difficulty) because Capcom decided it would be "shocking" if these obviously infected bodies sprang to life, even if the player took precautions against such.

Over the course of a single mission you will not even once not know where you're going: I promise. They give you this really nice quest marker, and if you're still lost you can press L1 and you'll literally get the path TRACED for you to follow. If this isn't enough for you, whenever you're given a new objective you'll no longer be allowed to move for 5-10 seconds while the camera pans over where you need to go, this cutscene is of course unskippable.

These are all comments from Leon's campaign, there is 3 other campaigns on this game, but honestly I might send it back and demand a refund before I even try them because I already wasted 7 hours trying to enjoy this one.

I swear to god, hand holding doesn't usually bother me, but I'd really generously estimate 2 of my 7 hour experience was the game showing me where to go. Your mialage may vary, but the cutscene is unskippable, and I'm playing on the highest difficulty, so when it's not showing me where to go the game does a reasonable job at actually killing me (Which isn't a complaint, it should be killing me on the highest difficulty. That's why I picked it after all)

The game probably has virtually no replay value because of how much of it is a giant "And here is where you go!" cutscene.

I've enjoyed both Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5, so this isn't me just hating on the industry, this game is just BAD.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:25 am

Yeah Re6 was...not anything like RE. A friend of mine bought it, and we decided to co-op Chris campaign for a bit. For starters, the split-screen had THE worst split-screen I've ever seen. They don't even give you your full half of the screen to play with. For some reason they thought it'd be cool to cut half of your half off to make everything tiny and impossible to discern the difference between a...whatever it was you were fighting and a chair.

Then there was the combat itself. We were playing on the highest difficulty, and we quickly discovered there was no point in fighting anything. Just RUNRUNRUNRUNRUN because there's no way you'll be able to kill everything with the screen fighting you the whole way through. It was the highest difficulty setting, and we found ourselves dieing not to the enemies, but to our cameras doing the most random things. I'd continue on about the fact that the game felt like some sort of testosterone fueled man-rage gun fight, but whats the point?

Capcom's been steadily murdering their franchises for no reason other than "we need to move more copies" completely forgetting why they even sold well in the first place. Resident Evil isn't a horror game anymore, and RE4 actually got my hopes up that this wouldn't turn it into something awful. Megaman is dead, due to them harassing the creator until he decided he'd had enough and left. Breath of Fire didn't even have the courtesy of an attempt to keep it alive, they just pulled the plug. Capcom's become more than a little too obsessed with the $$$$$$$$ and its starting to bite them in the *** because, pretty soon they'll have nothing left.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:48 pm

^ I think 6 had potential because of all the improvements. However, they just squashed that when they turned it into a movie. I kept thinking, "Stop showing me cutscenes and let me play the game!" Also, why bother improving the controls when the majority of the game is button prompts?

I'm so glad that it was my roomate that bought it and not me. lol! That was $60 not well spent.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:00 am

RE died at 4 sadly. Playing 6 for a bit. Very similar to 5, same piece of :dung:
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:10 am

5 was very fun, IMHO, 6, 6 is not.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 am

4 was great. 5 was good because of co-op. 6 is a movie and not a game.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:22 pm

Well I got tired of dark souls so I'm currently streaming 6 if you all wish to see why I feel it's bad.
    http://www.twitch.tv/flickerflare
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:07 pm

I didn't enjoyed 5. After playing 4 and then 5, you'll noticed many differences about not being Survivor horror anymore, and the fact they changed so much from the original series, like quick inventory menu, LOTS of save checkpoints, store so easy to access and to acquire money. Dunno, just felt that wasn't RE anymore and something similar to Uncharted and stuff

My favorite will always be RE3, back when you actually had so save ammo, make strategies so you do get surrounded by enemies, lots of instant action and not quick times events...
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Don't climb over chairs, you MUST go through the metal detector!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Is that what you're streaming now?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Yes
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:46 pm

Carphil wrote:I didn't enjoyed 5. Dunno, just felt that wasn't RE anymore and something similar to Uncharted and stuff

How is it like Uncharted? RE 5 is way better then Uncharted. They're not even similar.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Agreed, Uncharted is better too, IMO.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:47 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Carphil wrote:I didn't enjoyed 5. Dunno, just felt that wasn't RE anymore and something similar to Uncharted and stuff

How is it like Uncharted? RE 5 is way better then Uncharted. They're not even similar.

action 3 person shooter and not survivor horror
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:08 am

I'm still trying to get my money out of this, so... yeah, feel free to watch me get very frustrated again.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:19 am

Carphil wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:How is it like Uncharted? RE 5 is way better then Uncharted. They're not even similar.

Have you even played both games? Uncharted doesn't play the same as RE5. It's more linear, doesn't have as many weapons, there's no healing items, and you stay behind cover to heal. Worst of all is the last boss fight isn't even a boss fight.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:56 am

WandererReece wrote:
    Carphil wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:How is it like Uncharted? RE 5 is way better then Uncharted. They're not even similar.

Have you even played both games? Uncharted doesn't play the same as RE5. It's more linear, doesn't have as many weapons, there's no healing items, and you stay behind cover to heal. Worst of all is the last boss fight isn't even a boss fight.

yes, I have played Re5 full, and Uncharted 1, 2 and 3. I'm talking about the game style, not comparing specific details
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:09 pm

that awkward moment when you realize RE6 is a re-skinned Vanquish

that awkward moment when you don't know Vanquish
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Vanquish was great, apart from the cliche-filled story. The best shooter ever which was slightly similar is Binary Domain.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:31 pm

I played the demo for Vanquish seemed like a great game.

I'll be honest I'm a skeptic when it comes to the release of some games, this being one of those games. I thought it was going to be terrible and it turns out I'm right. I'll stick with the first Resident Evil.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 am