Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

First time play through- how am i doing?

Garbagecan

First time play through- how am i doing? Empty First time play through- how am i doing?

Post by Garbagecan Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:30 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=d2FycmlvciwxOCwxMCwyNSwzMiwxNiwxMSw5LDEyLDAsNTIsMjgsMjgsMjgsMywyMiwxMjQsNzYsMTQ1LDExLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCwwLDQ0LDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsMCwxLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2RlbiwxLDAsMA==

Don't know if i shared that right but i'll edit it.
    It's my first time playing through and i just wanted to share my build and experience so far. I have mainly used the long sword and my starter shield. I upgraded my shield a bit but i'm not sure if it has any effect for its defensive capabilities. Otherwise, yea I have had a lot of fun with this character, more so now that i just defeated the chaos witch. Out of the str weps i got the great club seems to be my favorite. I also have the Black knights halberd, and im going for 18 dex now so i can try that weapon out. Thanks
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

First time play through- how am i doing? Empty Re: First time play through- how am i doing?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm

It's not bad, better than my first build that's for sure.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

First time play through- how am i doing? Empty Re: First time play through- how am i doing?

Post by Zephryl Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Looks like you're doing pretty good~

BKH is a nice weapon, not sure if you'll prefer it over the club, but it's a strong PvE weapon (The moveset is pretty bad for PvP though). Good range, really strong and easy to upgrade~
    Garbagecan

Post by Garbagecan Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks, I am just testing thing out a bit and wanted to try out the halberd because its a special weapon. I really like the longswords move set, and have it and the great club at +5 now. Not sure if i want to keep them as standard.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:49 pm

I would keep the club at standard. Your Strength is high and standard weapons can be buffed.
    Garbagecan

Post by Garbagecan Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

I just remembered that i have a gargoyal tail axe at +4 or +5. Is this a good weapon to modify? I never use it now, but when i got it i thought i would really like it. Right now that damage is not enough and it's kinda slow to attack with.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:14 pm

It's great for Resistances. Personally, it's not for me but you'll certainly find fans of it around.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Garbagecan wrote:I just remembered that i have a gargoyal tail axe at +4 or +5. Is this a good weapon to modify? I never use it now, but when i got it i thought i would really like it. Right now that damage is not enough and it's kinda slow to attack with.

The Gargoyal Tail Axe is a dexterity weapon. It wouldn't be useful with your strength character.

Your character's stats are looking good. You have nothing to worry about.

Also, you may want to post a tiny url next time. It's smaller and looks nicer.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Looks like you're doing ok to me. 18 dex would help you get the weapons you want, but to be honest you're looking at Strength-based weapons most of the time anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:48 pm