Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Artorias' Covenant?

EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Artorias' Covenant? Empty Artorias' Covenant?

Post by EarthScraper Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:38 pm

I was looking at the ring of Artorias' Covenant, and I was, wondering what IS the covenant? Artorias, as you know, was a trusted knight of Gwyn, and from other parts of lore pieced together, Gwyn sent Artorias to New Londo to do something there, and Artorias made a pact with the creatures of the abyss (possibly Kaathe, Four Kings or Manus himself). But, it's never stated what this pact is. I was thinking that Artorias, because of his honor, he asked that if the abyss ever attacked Lordran, he would be the sacrifice, and thus Lordran would be saved. But I believe that he was tricked and so the abyss attacked anyway, so when Oolacile was attacked and Dusk was abducted, Artorias felt that it was his fault, and so burdened himself with rescuing Dusk. But, the abyss, not only took Dusk, but was slowly crushing his famous will of steel.In the end though, Artorias realized he was losing to the abyss, and so protecting his friend Sif, he left the abyss, and waited for someone like you to take his mantel. So, that is my view on his covenant. Goddamn abyss. R.I.P. Arty.

I apologize in advance if i got some of the lore wrong. What do you think the covenant is?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Artorias' Covenant? Empty Re: Artorias' Covenant?

Post by GrinTwist Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:50 pm

From what I can remember when it came to item descriptions Artorias went to go fight Manus but realized he was going to lose and gave his shield to Sif in order to keep his companion safe. One of the things you might realize when we finally encounter Artorias is that he is close to both the bonfire and the shortcut leading down to Manus.

It's likely he was trying to reach the bonfire to recover so he could go down and rescue sif but in the moment of confusion of seeing you Manus was able to fully corrupt him.

His allegiance to his covenant never faltered even at the end of his life, his mind itself was altered by Manus in order for Artorias to serve him.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upzLAJhtnvk

Useful in here.

Sanhedrim

Post by Sanhedrim Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:00 am

I thought the whole covenant thing is a fabrication? The legend goes that Artorias kicked *** and chewed bubblegum and maybe entered some morally questionable agreements, but once we get to the DLC, it turns out that, no, he's the one whose *** got kicked.

The ability to traverse the Abyss might be a result of abyssal corruption. Just like Artorias's greatsword acquired new powers (scaling with humanity), the ring you use to fight the Four Kings might have originally had some other purpose, but then the Abyss warped its powers. Thus, when you wear it, the Abyss recognizes you as one of its own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:18 pm