Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Myztyrio
Sneezer
SpecialNewb
Lancelot
User1
9 posters

Best looking/ slightly practical outfits

Poll

Did you agree with them?

[ 2 ]
    Best looking/ slightly practical outfits I_vote_lcap22%Best looking/ slightly practical outfits I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Best looking/ slightly practical outfits I_vote_lcap11%Best looking/ slightly practical outfits I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Best looking/ slightly practical outfits I_vote_lcap67%Best looking/ slightly practical outfits I_vote_rcap [67%] 

Total Votes: 9
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Best looking/ slightly practical outfits Empty Best looking/ slightly practical outfits

Post by User1 Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm

So, apart from weapon experiments, I have also been doing good looking outfits, kind of a mini fashion I have going on is to put loads of random stuff on with the Dingy Robe, or some other chestpiece, and hope it looks good.
    Anyway, here are my results, going from my favourite to least favourite from top to bottom:

• Thief mask/ Pharis' Hat, Dingy Robe, Shadow Gauntlets, Shadow Leggings.
    • Thief mask, Wanderer's Coat, Black Knight Gauntlets, Black Knight Leggings.
    • Thief Mask, Dingy Robe, Black Leather Gloves, Blood Stained Skirt.
    • Thief Mask/ Dark Mask, Black Sorcerer Robe, Shadow Gauntlets, Shadow Legs.
    • Gold-Hemmed Hood, Artorias' Armour set.
    • Gold Hemmed Hood, Dark Armour, Black Knight Gauntlets and Leggings.
    • Havel's Helm, Silver Knight Set

So, what do you think? Possible improvements, or do these look good? Please leave feedback, for possible improvements.

Other:
    Giant's Helmet
    Ornstein's Armor
    Ornstein Gauntlets
    Ornsteign Leggings
    Giant's Shield/Sunlight Shield
    Silver Knight Str. Sword/Smough's Hammer

Last edited by RenegadeCop on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Best looking/ slightly practical outfits Empty Re: Best looking/ slightly practical outfits

Post by Lancelot Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm

• Giant's Helmet
    • Ornstein's Armor
    • Ornstein Gauntlets
    • Ornsteign Leggings
    • Giant's Shield/Sunlight Shield
    • Silver Knight Str. Sword/Smough's Hammer

With the Upper Body physique, you look like a true fuggin' hero.
    SpecialNewb
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

Best looking/ slightly practical outfits Empty Re: Best looking/ slightly practical outfits

Post by SpecialNewb Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am

Substitute the regular Silver Knight leggings and gauntlets on the Artorias set with the GHB hood to remove that twig look. I also think the Dingy Robe looks odd with most pants so I'd stick with skirts or with leggings that metal skirts (black/silver/elite knight leggings).
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Wanderer Coat with wanderer/knight gauntlets or legs and either the Golem or Elite Knight helm, very effective, and very good looking. This setup is the fast roll mainstay of all my builds.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:18 pm

If your character is a decent looking girl, the hollow soldier waistcloth doesn't look as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. A whopping 7 poise at 1.5 weight too...
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:19 pm

Myztyrio wrote:If your character is a decent looking girl, the hollow soldier waistcloth doesn't look as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. A whopping 7 poise at 1.5 weight too...
    +1. What a dirty man I am.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:If your character is a decent looking girl, the hollow soldier waistcloth doesn't look as horrible as everyone makes it out to be. A whopping 7 poise at 1.5 weight too...

Haha oh yes you are winking
    I would actually argue that it's the best armor in the game. If your goal is to maintain a fast roll, it's almost always the most efficient pick.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Myztyrio wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:

I would actually argue that it's the best armor in the game. If your goal is to maintain a fast roll, it's almost always the most efficient pick.
    Opinion seconded. Some 0 poise armors weight -4- pounds and tis is only 1.5...

As for the question, Mask of the Mother actually looks very good with the Black Leather chestpiece and the Boots. We all know masks are practical but hated...
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:41 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:

Opinion seconded. Some 0 poise armors weight -4- pounds and tis is only 1.5...

As for the question, Mask of the Mother actually looks very good with the Black Leather chestpiece and the Boots. We all know masks are practical but hated...

I really don't see a reason not to use them. If you have particularly high vitality, you're a vit-gouge build. Use MoM. If you have particularly high Endurance and want to carry some really heavy duty weapons, use MoF. If you're low level, don't care to invest in endurance and always run out of stamina, use MoC. tongue
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Indeed, but they have their mark on the community. We don't like them. I can only use them if they aesthetically match my costumes.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:49 pm

My aesthetic matching for my costume is full Giants. silly I joke, I never use these.. things. They are what I call 'the overused gimmick in every game' of Dark Souls.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:My aesthetic matching for my costume is full Giants. silly I joke, I never use these.. things. They are what I call 'the overused gimmick in every game' of Dark Souls.
    At least it *** makes sense in Dark Souls: "This is the -only- helmet that increases my combat stats? I'll take 20 of them please"
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:08 pm

I look at it the same way. Their light weight and positive attributes make them very popular, and I don't understand what actually makes people want to use them. They look hideous, and give bad defense, plus no Poise. All bad things to me. And I don't really need the bonuses. They're minor anyway.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Don't forget the Iron Bracelet or Leather Gauntlets. They provide poise with very low weight plus they do not make sleeves roll up.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:36 am

I don't see the Xanthous waistcloth anywhere... 49 physical defense with strong magic and lightning defense as well. Not extremely light (4.0) and no poise, but well worth it and a brilliant luminous gold to boot. And it makes the giants armor look good -- especially with the crown of the dark sun. It's also extremely practical: high lightning D, with some poise now and an offensive magic boost that doesn't brutalize both your magic D and your cool factor. Sorry dusk; you're ok -- but you gotta get that headgear fixed. I have a character with red hair and red eyes and I come close, but I still can't pull that thing off.

The other odd combo I like is the big hat with the black iron armor and the Xanthous waistcloth and something black for gauntless. I prefer the black iron gauntlets or the black sorcerer gauntlets (great for stacking magic defense). You can fudge the black thing with silver knight gauntlets for more lightning defense. Add the crest shield -- also black & gold, awesome looking and very practical. You'll never look better -- plus, it will give you good defense and very good to great magic defense.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 am

Ever tried Thief Mask, Dingy Robe, Bandit Gauntlets and Eastern Leggings?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:55 am