Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+?

defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+? Empty Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+?

Post by defacto Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Today I was farming titanite Chunks in New Londo Ruins from the Darkwraiths there.

I just recently did a lot of farming there on another character.

My first character is on NG++ and my second character is just on NG.

Both characters had an Item Discovery of 350. (Ring + 1 humanity in stock).

The difference in droprate is very noticable.

My NG++ character gets around 2-4 chunks per run. This is very consistent. I never went a run without seeing one.

My NG character gets on average 1 per run. I still haven't seen a run where I got 2, which is the minimum I get on my other characters. I have also gone several runs with getting zero chunks, which has never ever happened on my NG++ character.

I know everyone is probably going to say that it's not a big enough sample and that I'm not seeing a pattern, but I'm going to start tracking on paper chunks/dark hands/slabs per run on each character and let you guys know the results. So we can have some exact numbers to compare it to.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+? Empty Re: Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+?

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:28 pm

I have noticed a little bit of an improvement from 1st play, but i dont think it improves by a lot. I usually get more items because i have high humanity, but i drop the items because i get so many of them.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+? Empty Re: Do you think that drop rates slightly improve in NG+?

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Yes it does.
    I have a new game +++++++ char due to Fireless's thread now, and i've farmed 4 slabs in 3 hours from the wraiths.
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Heroez Blade Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Lol.... 4slabs in 3 hours, that seems like a big waste of time to me. Its a lot easier to have a good body give you slabs, but that it my opinion.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Heroez Blade wrote:Lol.... 4slabs in 3 hours, that seems like a big waste of time to me. Its a lot easier to have a good body give you slabs, but that it my opinion.
    There is an honest way to do things, and there is a way fueled by exploits and cheating. And one of those ways needs to be removed, and every char involved deleted.

Also 4 slabs in 3 hours is amazing.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah, I think they do. I got two tridents just when I was normally going through the Duke's Archives. I did have 10 humanity on me. It was on NG+++++, I think.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Sweet guys.

I'll see if I can get numbers to make it official.

I would like to see the wiki edited under New Game + to reflect this.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Rynn wrote:
    Heroez Blade wrote:Lol.... 4slabs in 3 hours, that seems like a big waste of time to me. Its a lot easier to have a good body give you slabs, but that it my opinion.
    There is an honest way to do things, and there is a way fueled by exploits and cheating. And one of those ways needs to be removed, and every char involved deleted.

Also 4 slabs in 3 hours is amazing.

I completely agree. I'm on NG7 as well and have noticed a slight increase in drop rate but I'm also carrying a lot more humanity than i did on just NG.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:41 pm