Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Demon Slayer
Sneezer
6 posters

Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric

Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric Empty Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:39 am

So far I've only ever made fairly vanilla, less interesting builds, but I now have a desire to make a themed build, so I came up with this: http://mmdks.com/1bn9
    I want to make a Shadow/Death/Darkness themed build, while avoiding a quality build style, so I came up with t a cleric using Gravelord miracles, the effigy shield, and an Occult Darksword.

If anyone has any input on what they think would do better, seem closer to the theme, armor choices, or weapon choices, I'm all ears.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric Empty Re: Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric

Post by Demon Slayer Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:49 am

your build is perfect

no need to change something on it Praise the Sun
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric Empty Re: Idea for a Themed Build: Shadow Knight/Cleric

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:55 am

If you like the Darksword, then your build is near perfect. The only thing I would suggest is taking 4 points from vitality and putting it into faith.

You will only lose 70 HPs and gain AR.

Other than that, its really solid. Nice job.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

Just a note; I'm not solely looking for a critique on my build, I'm also looking for any ideas for the theme, if people think it'd be better with Int instead of faith, mid roll with different gear, etcetera. The build I presented is just a template.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 am

Sneezer wrote:...The build I presented is just a template...

Nice template lol. Bow
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:45 am

The Darksword has a very bad moveset imo. You should try other dark weapons like Server, GLS, Artorias' Greatsword, etc. I have a similar build planned it's called Paladin of Velka. Pretty much a shadow knight.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=456503099268565638

I think you should go Int so you can use the dark spells and GLGS Dance as your AoE, minimum Faith with Velka's Talisman. IMO WoG is more useful and you'll end up using it more as AoE if you go the Faith path. For a weapon you could go chaos since it goes well with a dark theme, or use Artorias' swords.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:05 am

I wanted to use a straight sword so I kept in the category.
    This is the Longsword version of this build at 120: http://mmdks.com/1cv0

I also have a more dedicated Darksword using variant, but we'll see how I like it's moveset after testing it with another character.

Any input or opinions?
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:46 am

Mate I like your build, but as an avid Faith user with many builds I'll share one rule of thumb I tend to follow: Occult for invading... so if you are intending on PVP I'd take that into consideration.
    One of my favorite weapons is the Manserpent Greatsword and I always carry an Occult +5, a Divine +10 and MSGS +15 for buffs depending on the situation...

Last edited by Halicarnassis on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:12 am

Sneezer wrote:I wanted to use a straight sword so I kept in the category.
    This is the Longsword version of this build at 120: http://mmdks.com/1cv0

I also have a more dedicated Darksword using variant, but we'll see how I like it's moveset after testing it with another character.

Any input or opinions?

This is the Int version with dark sorceries and GLGS Dance. Black Cleric Robe arms look ugly with gauntlets, especially on males. Could look good with bracelets or gloves on females. This goes more to the shadow knight side than cleric, but fitting occult + dark spells is difficult at SL 120.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=137827186216286160
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks for the contrasting ideas, I appreciate it.
    As for the Black Cleric Robes and how the look; I use the large upper body physique, and it makes most everything I use look exponentially better than the average body, in my opinion. I can also swap the gaunts out for the Black Manchette if so desired.

Also; is there any actual difference between Occult+5 and Divine+10 in PVP? Other than maybe a couple points of AR?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:17 pm

None, I use them depending on theme.
    Brigade
    Brigade
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Brigade Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 pm

http://mmdks.com/1d6o ?

I've only ever had bad experiences with the elementals. Only ever use them if I have no choice, personally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:17 am