Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Forum Pirate
SpecialNewb
Emergence
BIG TIME MASTER
steveswede
Johnthethird
Dilaudid281
Rynn
Animaaal
Frank_White
samster628
Buggy Virus
Ashran
mr_no_face
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Acarnatia
messremb
DE5PA1R
Serious_Much
DemonOfFate
Orango19
27 posters

PETS, anyone?

Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

PETS, anyone? - Page 3 Empty Re: PETS, anyone?

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:30 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:I wish Animaal would just shutup too man. How the heck did he get all that rep anyhow?

Yeah, and how did I get all this negative rep? Bronies.
    Mystery solved.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 pm

We'll get em back.

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:05 pm

Frank_White wrote:To DESPA1R: You said that they plan on implementing a controllable boat...

Too bad I never said that...
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Acarnatia wrote:BIG TIME MASTER, Animaaal, and Frank_White, please treat each other with respect. How you're treating each other is going to create more resentment and pages of arguements, none of which is going to solve any problems. You've all shown yourselves to be capable of being kind and respectful; please continue to do so.

Don't lump me in with him. There is zero wrong with my response to him and his trolling.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:19 pm

I was kind of instigating, but to defend myself my goal was to make light of the argument and get everybody in a joking mood.

Frank White seems to be full of hate. For whatever reason, it's none of our business, but I hope he can learn to channel his anger more constructively. It's not going to benefit him to argue incessantly over nothing important.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:21 pm

And I won't name names, but I remember two other people who got started on the wrong foot here, but are now wonderful members.

Neither were as hostile as ole Frankenstein, but they found their way.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:52 pm

I'm not trolling though, and I'm not hostile. Certainly not full of hate. It's just quite ridiculous to act all friendly even when someone goes and says something really stupid like "It's definitely Anor Londo in the DkS II trailer". It's acceptance like that why abominations like bronies even exist, nobody ever set them straight.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Frank_White wrote:"It's definitely Anor Londo in the DkS II trailer".

Nobody ever said that either. Wow, you're on a roll.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:07 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:

Yeah maybe you didn't say "definitely", but you absolutely believed that it could be Anor Londo in the trailer. When it is known for a 100% fact that it is not. It is known that the game will take place in a very distant land, Lordran will not only not be the location but you will never catch a glimpse of it in the game and therefore not in its trailer.
    This makes you an irrational fool.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

Yeah maybe you didn't say "definitely", but you absolutely believed that it could be Anor Londo in the trailer.

Correction: I believe (present tense) that it could be Anor Londo we see in the trailer.

When it is known for a 100% fact that it is not. It is known that the game will take place in a very distant land, Lordran will not only not be the location but you will never catch a glimpse of it in the game and therefore not in its trailer.
    This makes you an irrational fool.

False. Literally all of it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Frank_White wrote:...I'm not trolling though, and I'm not hostile...

Frank_White wrote:...Yeah, and how did I get all this negative rep? Bronies. Mystery solved...

Frank_White wrote:You are a sad, sad little man Animaaal. Just give it a rest already, you really have no obligation to continue arguments endlessly.

Frank_White wrote:...when actually you don't know the difference between your @ss and your face...

Frank_White wrote:...You're crazy...

Just stop...I mean really man, just.... Look Skyward

You're not even trolling good. :evil:
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Hah you still believe that. Incredible.
    You are not just a fool, but a very stubborn fool at that.

Listen to me: Miyazaki (or Shibuya don't remember which one) has himself said that DkS II does not take place in Lordran AND that it takes place in a far away land. He literally said that if Lordran would be the North Pole, then the new location would be so distant it is the South Pole.
    HOW could he describe with any more detail that the game does not take place close enough to Lordran that you could ever see it in the game. It's on the other side of the damn planet. This is an obvious metaphor that you'll at best get a mention of the word "Lordran" somewhere in the game, but that's it. No journey to Lordran, no view from a mountaintop to Anor Londo.
    I already linked this quote to you in the thread where we discussed this, you can go back and read the interview of Shibuya and Miyazaki again.
    This 100% proves your foolish belief wrong, the game will have no direct connection to Lordran whatsoever. Not false, truth. Or are you saying the director and supervisor of the game are lying?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Frank_White wrote:...I'm not trolling though, and I'm not hostile...

Frank_White wrote:...Yeah, and how did I get all this negative rep? Bronies. Mystery solved...

Frank_White wrote:You are a sad, sad little man Animaaal. Just give it a rest already, you really have no obligation to continue arguments endlessly.

Frank_White wrote:...when actually you don't know the difference between your @ss and your face...

Frank_White wrote:...You're crazy...

Just stop...I mean really man, just.... Look Skyward

You're not even trolling good. :evil:

Frank_White wrote:...Hah you still believe that. Incredible.
    You are not just a fool, but a very stubborn fool at that...
    ^^^new addition

Is someone gonna do something :?:
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Yes, we know the game will not take place in Lordran. This has nothing to do with whether the player sees Lordran within the game.

We've gone over this.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Yes, we have gone over this quite a few times, each of which you were proven wrong. If the game takes place in a D-I-S-T-A-N-T land, he will not be able to see Lordran.
    Now let's see where the game takes place in... OH, a distant land. What a coincidence.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm

I hope Dark Souls 2 is in Lordran and we get pets cheers
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you, ruining the series.
    Now good night.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Frank_White wrote:Yes, we have gone over this quite a few times, each of which you were proven wrong. If the game takes place in a D-I-S-T-A-N-T land, he will not be able to see Lordran.
    Now let's see where the game takes place in... OH, a distant land. What a coincidence.

I'm not claiming Lordran will always be seen. I'm saying it might be seen once or twice.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 pm

DE5PA1R wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:Yes, we have gone over this quite a few times, each of which you were proven wrong. If the game takes place in a D-I-S-T-A-N-T land, he will not be able to see Lordran.

I'm not claiming Lordran will always be seen. I'm saying it might be seen once or twice.

I never implied that you were claiming such a thing. I'm saying we know for a fact it won't be shown even once, because the castle in the trailer is not Anor Londo. It is so painstakingly obvious, the buildings are of entirely different architecture and they don't resemble Anor Londos buildings in the SLIGHTEST.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:32 am

'Tis likely Carim where you go to people but on a different note you clearly see A place that isn't AL. The new city is not light enough stonework, is built on a mountain not a valley and is not as big. Also don't be mean to bronys. If they want to watch cartoons designed for 6 year old's let them. It isn't harming you although i do admit it is annoying when they steal whole threads for themselves on this forum. Anyways feel free to continue you dispute.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 am

Frank_White wrote:
    DE5PA1R wrote:

I never implied that you were claiming such a thing. I'm saying we know for a fact it won't be shown even once, because the castle in the trailer is not Anor Londo. It is so painstakingly obvious, the buildings are of entirely different architecture and they don't resemble Anor Londos buildings in the SLIGHTEST.
    That architecture can be seen near the catacombs and near the undead asylum.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:20 pm

The bridges in the trailers castle do kind of resemble the ruins of Firelink Shrine. That's not it though either, the castle in the trailer is above clouds, so it's on top of a higher mountain than anything seen in Lordran.

Also, samster628 is right, the new location is most likely Carim. There is a ton of hints at this in DkS, in the trailer and in stuff Shibuya/Miyazaki have said.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 pm

There is nothing to indicate the new area is Carim.
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm

There are subtle hints.
    1. No shields in the trailer.
    2. More information about Carim than other kingdoms in Dark Souls.
    3. Shibuya mentioning that there is a mad scientist in DkS II who has created monsters through experimentation. Arstor of Carim is known to be mad, and possibly a scientist (item descriptions at least tell us he is a violent inventor of magical artifacts).
    4. Shibuya and Miyazaki mentioning the even darker nature of DkSII compared to DkS. Carim is the creepiest known kingdom in Dark Souls universe as of now.
    5. "Forever without light" mentioned in the trailer. Of course this possibly could refer to the Age of Dark which likely begun after the events of Dark Souls, but it could also be referring to the darkness of Carim - as you can see from the character creation screen, people of Carim are extremely pale. They must not get very much sunlight.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:43 pm

I still haven't updated my paint post, neither replied to comments about pets. I'll do so later. But since I LOVE arguments; I'll throw my 2cent into the mixture too.

Boats will not be a thing. A ship might be one of the levels. Vehicles for players is a probable thing. That being said; back to the discussion about the new location.

I really can't be *** to link my references; but if needed I'll do so.

-Chaos creatures will be there. This is a quite interesting thing; it means the new location is somewhat close to Lordran

-It is most likely ASTORA. Why? Well Astora have binoculars. Sounds like something very useful for ships and watching incoming enemy ship attacks. And because of one more thing. Astora has advanced technology; enough to house a boss Shibuya said will be a mad scientist, Frankstein-style (not a magical scientist like Seath). He even creates an artificial undead.
    Astora has been attacked by the Evil Eye. (we see an one-eyed dragon in the trailer)
    Also, Astora's color is Blue. So yeah... everything fits.
    Shibuya said he wouldn't tell the name of the new location, because players would recognize it.
    Miyazaki vented on twitter, some people are so stupid, they make their creations approximated to the obvious. Remember, Shibuya is not a genius like Miyazaki; he probably went for the location with the most information about in the previous game. Also the more commercial one; since we hear about Astora every 10 steps in Dark Souls.

-Lordran is far above the clouds. The Crow flies upwards, meaning Lordran's mountain is higher than the mountains around the Asylum. Men sees not light, but only endless nights. The sun is hidden from the lower world by some kind of clouds/mist. Only in places as high as Lordran you can see the sun.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content