Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
jimmyc0341
Pilgrim34
hey its andres
Forum Pirate
exLupo
Zyrrashijn
barrywilkins
EeAyEss
wolfboy
Sneezer
grossemesser
Animaaal
LunarFog
Carphil
Sentiel
mugenis4real
reim0027
RANT
Paragon
quench
25 posters

pvp etiquette when being invaded

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 4 Empty Re: pvp etiquette when being invaded

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:39 am

jimmyc0341 wrote:So wait...when you're being invaded it's ok to heal??

I don't heal when invaded but mostly because it's just lame. If they pop a Humanity though, then all bets are off.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

pvp etiquette when being invaded - Page 4 Empty Re: pvp etiquette when being invaded

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:39 am

If you heal, then you better be ready for me to not pull any punches.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 am

It's ok to do anything if you're invaded while questing.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:50 am

See that's what I meant. Im only gonna pop dem flasks back if Im questing. I ain't got time to worry about hurting your feelings, I got crap to do and monsters to slay. If your in my world when im questing then you better be ready for a **** storm. If im really not in the mood for pvp i'll just pull the plug, ive got no shame in admitting that. Now if the battle has already started then I don't pull the plug cause thats just plain rude. If for some reason I don't wanna risk dying or I think your a griefer then Im just gonna DC and you can just deal with it.

Im not gonna flask while hosting and Im definitly not gonna DC while hosting. But if Im questing all bets are off as long as the fight hasn't started yet.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:09 am

I don't believe that you should ever turn the console off. If you don't want invaders, then play offline or play another game. Not to be rude, but it is part of the game so deal with it. The worst I do if I do not want to pvp is Black Flame/ Dark Bead. Even then, I treat invasions as a chance to get more souls and humanity, which then makes it an opportunity to make my playthrough a little more easier. Invaders must understand stand this, and I think most of us know that we should be ready for anything.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:22 am

I don't like having to turn my console of either but I don't see the point in killing myself, wasting that humanity just so I can avoid being invaded. I love PvP but I also enjoy playing through the story as a human and I don't want invaders to spoil that. If you don't like that I turn off the console in order to maintain my singleplayer experience then your just gonna have to deal with it. Why should I have to sacrifice my gaming experience just so some guy I don't know has a chance to come in and kill me.

If your questing and I invade you, go ahead and DC I've got no problem with that. I like invading questers because I enjoy a chase but I maintain a policy of if you ask me nicely I WILL leave your world. Most people don't ask and instead just turn off and I am perfectly okay with that. Once I invade their world I am inside their game and they are allowed to do with that game as they see fit. I only ask that I am allowed to do the same in my game.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 am

Play offline then.

Unless they're trolls or griefers, DC ing is a prick move. You're wasting the invaders time DCing on them, and (as a DM) its quite likely that DC cost me a good 2 or 3 minutes trying to invade, sometimes more.
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:43 am

Im sorry that It angers you so, but calling me a prick or implying that I am one isn't going to accomplish anything. A great man once said "you have fun with your rules just as they have fun with theirs."
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:54 am

In no way did I imply that you are a prick, I said its a prick move. Perfectly nice people do prick like things all the time, that 1 action or set of actions rarely, if ever, determines ones overall character.

I also wouldn't be angry, more dissapointed/annoyed.

Throwing my sig at me isn't helping. Neither is flattery (or sarcasm, as the case may be)

My fun is not your responsibility, thus you are entitled to enjoy the game however you like. (what my sig means, btw) However, I can see no reason you would not have exactly the same amount of fun playing off line or going hollow (armor hides them anyways) without raining on someone elses parade.

Should you posess one, fine, but I am aware of none, thus condemn the action until such a time as that changes.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:20 am

I, personally, think that PvP shouldn't have etiquette. People just disregard it anyway, and most take advantage of that some people try their utmost to maintain a sense of etiquette.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:30 am

I have no problems healing when I'm questing and an invader invades my world. During duels, it is another matter entirely.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:51 am

I'm agreed with that. But, in general, because of the amount of people that abuse the fact that some people try to keep etiquette, it should be ignored for normal invasions.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:30 pm

You guys are acting like dying to an invader makes PvE incompletable.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't see how we are..

BUT IT DOES! happy
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:08 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:You guys are acting like dying to an invader makes PvE incompletable.

Seriously, thank you! Normally all you lose is one humanity and some souls. If you hear yourself getting invaded and keep aggroing enemies then it's your own fault that it's hard to retrieve your bloodstain. Most of the time you can just run back to the bonfire and wait. Even then you can just heal if you are that uncertain of a victory. As an invader, I would much rather my host heal then disconnect. I feel like it just wastes everyone's time, and you can easily avoid the consequences of playing online if you choose.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Just turn off the router. Not too hard to avoid online, so, like andres said, why do some people make such a big deal out of getting killed in PvP?
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:37 am

The router isn't mine to turn off. I live in a college dorm. Switching back and forth between offline and online modes is a pain.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:26 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    See I didn't know that. i thought it was frowned upon so I didn't do it
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 pm

I was invaded by a katana-spamming Darkwraith while on my way to 4 Kings to join the Darkwraiths (irony?), shortly before the boss fog. I had over 30 soft humanities and about 100k souls on me. Damn right I healed. Eventually I won by countering his BS-fish with my own BS, he tried running away into a remaining Darkwraith mob, but I ran faster and just BSed him again happy
    I then proceeded to summon Witch Beatrice and killed 4 Kings with 50% hp and no estus left.

Anyways, yeah, no rules in invasions. Even while invading as a SoV, and even if you both bow before the fight, you still can't expect the host to follow any rules. I've seen it happen often enough while invading as SoV myself. We both bow, they still heal. Sometimes they even fight me 2vs1, even if I let them finish off any mobs they were fighting with and bow. The only time I ever get a duel is when they are expecting me and are actually looking for a duel, which is usually not the case.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:16 pm

For someone whose name is "luvz2fight" you really avoid fights.

Anyways, yes when questing anything goes. If I'm in a friend's world on the way to the boss and an invader pops up I'll probably join the fight, especially if the invader is pulling some dirty stuff. I don't feel this counts as ganking though because we are not intentionally going out and double teaming invaders. We just have some business to do and you happen to be disrupting it, nothing personal.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 pm

So, I invaded Vinyl yesterday, as a Darkmoon. I invaded at the start of Anor. He came down the first turret and the Gargoyle went after him. I held back to let him finish the Gargoyle. He came at me, and buffed. I saw him about to cast a miracle, so I attacked. It was a BS, which one-shot him.

I assumed he was ready. It is always tough when you're invading. Nobody bows. Typically, it is cut throat. I expect them to do everything they can to win, and I do the same (with some self-imposed limits).

Sorry Vinyl if I ticked you off. I do act differently during duels, but invasions are different. If we meet again like this, bow at me, and I'll treat it like a duel.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:40 am

RenegadeCop wrote:Just turn off the router. Not too hard to avoid online, so, like andres said, why do some people make such a big deal out of getting killed in PvP?
    You don't need to turn your router off on Xbox.You just start a party,make it private and bam.Same as being offline but you can still talk to people and get messages.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:36 am

reim0027 wrote:It is always tough when you're invading. Nobody bows. Typically, it is cut throat. I expect them to do everything they can to win, and I do the same (with some self-imposed limits).

Totally can agree with this. I almost feel bad when the "fight" lasts only a few moments. It's just an impulse from all the times I've bowed and gottend TWoPed, BSed, CSSed, and pretty much everything else (a lot of new players like full giants with a BKGA with hornet's ring...hardly ever kills me but whatever).
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:13 am

jimmyc0341 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Yeah, it is frowned upon, but who cares?
    If I would limit myself to avoid doing things that are frowned upon, I would end up just standing there and letting my opponent kill me.

I say, let them frown as much as they want. Let their faces turn into a grotesque monstrosity from all that frowning and simply move on. winking
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    jimmyc0341 wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:
    Yeah, it is frowned upon, but who cares?
    If I would limit myself to avoid doing things that are frowned upon, I would end up just standing there and letting my opponent kill me.

I say, let them frown as much as they want. Let their faces turn into a grotesque monstrosity from all that frowning and simply move on. winking
    Lmao! I like your reasoning. It's pretty fair and concise when it comes to questing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:37 pm