Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
FullSpe3D
Carphil
skarekrow13
Jodecho
The Letter X
Sentiel
AnCapaillMor
Rynn
SpecialNewb
User1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
JoeBroski09
16 posters

The Great Scythe

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Great Scythe - Page 2 Empty Re: The Great Scythe

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:06 pm

The reason I made this thread is because I HAVEN'T been seeing people with the great scythe, despite the video. I've been hosting and invading in township, and I haven't seen one. Only great scythe I've seen since the video was a summon sign, and I didn't get get him summoned. Sooo, I haven't seen much of an increase. It was a VERY underused weapon before, and I doubt it'll stick. It'll probably just become one of the main weapons of the game. Like Balder Side Sword, Zwei, Demon Great Axe, Falchion, etc.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:16 pm

You need to give people time to roll builds, but I have the feeling it'll become like the BSS, no one really knew how ridiculous it was until some streamer starting showing it off, and now every dex build uses it.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:You need to give people time to roll builds, but I have the feeling it'll become like the BSS, no one really knew how ridiculous it was until some streamer starting showing it off, and now every dex build uses it.
    Like the chaos blade? Some youtuber showed that off, and "every dex build" was using it. These things come and go. PvP isn't the main part of my game, so I don't care nearly as much as people who only play this game for PvP, but this thing will pass. BSS wasn't used by every dex build before this, and no weapon will be used over another forever. There'll always be Washing Pole, Uchi's, Rapiers, BSS's, and halberds. Though, I still expect the last one to be out of the spotlight faster than the others. The stagger time keeps people away from halberds in general, no matter how much damage they do.

EDIT: Also, spears destroy most or all halberd users. It's just an advantage they have over us, and once the spear users roll in to counter the great scythe halberd users, it'll be all over.
    Bloodpact91
    Bloodpact91
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodpact91 Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 pm

God damnit , now i know why everybody , pahntom and host included , had great scythe this morning when i was doing some jolly cooperation at the Capra demon. I was with Mr.Tart on private chat and everytime i got summon i was like ''What the hell is the Great Scythe today, everybody is using it!

Well thanks for telling me why xD
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:26 pm

I'll just try it out on my ?Dumbledurr build. Universal Character that mostly dabbles in sorceries.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Yep. Ain't a bad weapon. I think the fact that I'm on PC has something to do with why I haven't seen the Great Scythe. Idk why, but it seems like they don't fit the bill as much as console players.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Shindori wrote:I'll just try it out on my ?Dumbledurr build. Universal Character that mostly dabbles in sorceries.

Yes, I like Queelag too. So much hotter than Gwynevere...
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:07 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    Ghadis_God wrote:You need to give people time to roll builds, but I have the feeling it'll become like the BSS, no one really knew how ridiculous it was until some streamer starting showing it off, and now every dex build uses it.
    Like the chaos blade? Some youtuber showed that off, and "every dex build" was using it. These things come and go. PvP isn't the main part of my game, so I don't care nearly as much as people who only play this game for PvP, but this thing will pass. BSS wasn't used by every dex build before this, and no weapon will be used over another forever. There'll always be Washing Pole, Uchi's, Rapiers, BSS's, and halberds. Though, I still expect the last one to be out of the spotlight faster than the others. The stagger time keeps people away from halberds in general, no matter how much damage they do.

EDIT: Also, spears destroy most or all halberd users. It's just an advantage they have over us, and once the spear users roll in to counter the great scythe halberd users, it'll be all over.
    Spears destroy pretty much everything, as a halberd user you have to trade hits with them or use roll attacks.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Carphil wrote:
    Shindori wrote:I'll just try it out on my ?Dumbledurr build. Universal Character that mostly dabbles in sorceries.

Yes, I like Queelag too. So much hotter than Gwynevere...
    ...Stop looking at my chest. Eyes up here, mister!
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 pm

HA! I recently started using a +15 Great Scythe on my main Dex build (67 in Dex, 128SL) and I've been hosting, and winning, in the Forest ever since! I came on here today ready to start a thread on the damned thing actually. It's an outstanding weapon when wielded with two hands, and it's A scaling in Dex is just over-the-top.

Also, did you know that a +15 GS hits criticals within 100 damage of a +5 Dark Silver Tracer? Ripostes are outrageous!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Lancelot wrote:HA! I recently started using a +15 Great Scythe on my main Dex build (67 in Dex, 128SL) and I've been hosting, and winning, in the Forest ever since! I came on here today ready to start a thread on the damned thing actually. It's an outstanding weapon when wielded with two hands, and it's A scaling in Dex is just over-the-top.

Also, did you know that a +15 GS hits criticals within 100 damage of a +5 Dark Silver Tracer? Ripostes are outrageous!
    Daggers and rapiers never really outdo other weapons in crit damage, they just save weight while matching their damage. Also, 67 Dex is really going overboard, after 40 it stops influencing damage for the most part.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:
    Lancelot wrote:HA! I recently started using a +15 Great Scythe on my main Dex build (67 in Dex, 128SL) and I've been hosting, and winning, in the Forest ever since! I came on here today ready to start a thread on the damned thing actually. It's an outstanding weapon when wielded with two hands, and it's A scaling in Dex is just over-the-top.

Daggers and rapiers never really outdo other weapons in crit damage, they just save weight while matching their damage. Also, 67 Dex is really going overboard, after 40 it stops influencing damage for the most part.

This is an old build, back when I didn't know about Scaling or Dex or anything lol. Even so, it has 1500 Vit, but only about 133 Stamina. Still, it's pretty swag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:53 pm