Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
RxFarmer
Serious_Much
strangejoy
Liff Daddy
Lancelot
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Hylian
Yukon
Whknight
bloodpixel
14 posters

I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon Empty I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon

Post by bloodpixel Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:53 am

I killed him on my first try, on my first character. It was even my first Souls game. What was so hard about him?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon Empty Re: I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:59 am

People tended to take him head on and not realize you need to dodge. Also mistakenly locking on one of those stupid dogs tends to make you turn your back on him at the worst possible moment, when that happens it really only takes one good hit to kill you :/
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon Empty Re: I never really understood what was so hard about the Capra Demon

Post by Yukon Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:02 am

It seems like the outcome depends highly on which way you run at the start of the battle. You have only two real options, right or left.. and it seems like every time I go right I get all 3 of them on me and rolling does nothing. Really the hardest thing about the battle is not getting ganked the minute you walk into the area, once you are out of that narrow passage the battles easy.
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:32 am

lol this must be a joke right
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:07 am

how many times have you faced the capra demon if only that one time thatr is not an accurate event sample. try again on a new toon and tell us how it goes.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 am

Actually, NG+ I got killed by the Capra Demon on my first run at 340 because of what I said in my first post, however in NG at like 20 I beat him my first try with no incidents. I find him really random at times.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:28 am

The dogs were what got me at first. Then I simply went up the stairs and killed the dogs. Jump down from the stairs and attack the Demon, and sure enough, I won.
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:22 am

If you're able to get through the traffic right off the bat then you'll most likely have no issues with this fight. On the flip side, if you aren't able to get out of the starting zone then you're probably going to die or have a lot of issues.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:47 am

The dawgs.

It all comes down to poise. If you have modestly good poise, you can tank the dogs and you'll be just find. If you have zero poise, one dog bite ends everything. I think a lot of us were pimping zero poise when we first fought Capra, so he seemed really hard. Also, if you never look online (I don't during my first playthrough), you don't expect the dogs.

In conclusion: the dawgs.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

It's the dogs. Early game, you'll get ganked and have little to no poise, dogs eat up poise for some strange reason like the mosquitos do. And then one swing from capra and you're dead.

Even then it's a matter of being careful dodging and blocking well, even when you go up to the arch at the top of the stairs at what seems like an impossible point he can hit you through the floor.

In my opinion the boss is made hard only because it is well thought out, two dogs to gank you for a big hit from the capra, and a small arena to make avoiding capra and healing more difficult, the boss itself is not the issue in the fight really.
    RxFarmer

Post by RxFarmer Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Capra probably killed me 20 times before I got him. I'm playing a pure caster and its my first experience with a souls game...lol. I knew what I needed to do but still kept getting ganked over and over. After I finally got him, I proceeded to kill his punk *** 20 more times time via Jolly Coop!
    Mike-Lassen

Post by Mike-Lassen Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:41 pm

I didn't look online on my first playthrough, and I had zero poise – didn't even understand the concept. I didn't know that below 25% equip-max would make you faster, or the importance of shield stability.

I saw a message outside the boss fog dor to "try rolling". So I did, but 9 times out of 10, Capra would hit me midroll. Then I tried sprinting to get up the stairs, but the dogs would stop me most of the time.

I spend several hours on that fight, and have never been more relieved when I finally beat it.

Only rivalled by O&S in frustration.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:56 pm

My only issues with Capra Demons are their two handed jump attack that can change direction mid-air.
    Not joking, I have seen these guys change direction mid-air.
    Dellusions
    Dellusions
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Dellusions Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Is your first time fighting him after patch 1.05? They made him significantly easier with that patch. His hits don't tear right through a shield, and only 1 dog comes right at the start with him.
    sen545331
    sen545331
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sen545331 Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:00 pm

my only issue is when he decides to do his double sword hit that covers the whole little entrance way, preceded by a jump, you can't get away every time

that and normal progression, you aren't really set up to handle that kinda hit, its usually a one-shot

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:20 pm