Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Uparkaam
grossemesser
xenon_nobelium
Nybbles
Halicarnassis
lextune
Mr. Tart
Rynn
User1
Sneezer
FinPeku
reim0027
RANT
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soris Ice Goldwing
LunarFog
KrazykevS10
GrinTwist
Dibsville
The Letter X
24 posters

How often do you get messages?

The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

How often do you get messages? Empty How often do you get messages?

Post by The Letter X Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:27 pm

I tend to get quite a lot of messages while PvPing, so much that my inbox becomes full and I can't find a message I might be looking for within one more session of PvP. It's all nice messages as well, filled with "GG," or "fun fight." It really makes me have respect for the PvP community in spite of all of the stories I hear from others. I've probably received more messages from random people by playing Dark Souls in one day than I ever did in years of playing other games.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else get many messages? And if so, are they hate mail or a complement of sorts?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

How often do you get messages? Empty Re: How often do you get messages?

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 pm

I mostly get hate mail, as my main build is a Glass Cannon in the Forest. 9/10, some ganker will tell me I'm "bad because I use WoG" even though I have 50HP and he has a Phantom.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm

I've gotten plenty of messages from hosts I've killed asking for help with a boss or a level. Normally I help, because if they are struggling it's the least I can do as a fellow player. It's really satisfying too, I get humanity from some PVP and then some more humanity from some co-op.

Sometimes I get a "GG" but that's normally after a 3v1 but that varies in certain areas.

I don't delete hate mail, it's sometimes fun to read if I'm exhausted of PVP and trust me there is a lot of reading.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm

I get a lot of hatemail but rarely people will say good game or compliment my build.Generally I find gankers to be the hatemailers and invaders to be the less hostile ones.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm

I mostly get messages sfrom people I just beat. And they're mostly replies from my message of "Gg noob" or "mage trash. get skill"
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

I wonder at times what it would be like to get a lot of messages, since it is a rarity for me to get much when PvPing. Though the ones I'd get are the result of doing something impressive, annoying or a question of my skill build or weapons, and doing something kind. The rest of the time I'm starting a conversation and from there it can go anywhere.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

30-40% of the time would be my estimation.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

i get thank you messages often since all i do is coop, and tons of friend invites, my friend's list get full al the time and end up deleting most of them, i wish the friend's list let you have a lot more room.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm

I rarely get hatemail. I do get ggs or TYs though.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:14 pm

I used to get a lot of hatemail when i was forest hunting. Otherwise, not really. Sometimes ggs, especially when i use something unusual or cosplay builds.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:37 am

I very rarely get anything at all, only ever a few hatemails from new players complaining about backstabs from being invaded, but nothing notable sadly.

Though... a vast majority of the players I fight are Japanese, so the language barrier probably discourages messages.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 am

I've finally found the thread, X! happy

Anyway, I would say that I very rarely get hatemail, but get a lot of thank yous and friend requests, as I like to do whole areas of the game with less experienced players.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:24 am

Unfortunately, as we've seen from my stream, if I didn't message people, I'd never get a response. While I do build some interesting builds, they aren't the kind people wish to compliment you on.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:33 am

Whenever i do PVP i mostly do it with another players. I don't gank though, unless forced to.

If an enemy were to mindlessly attack, then i see nothing wrong with ganking, and no rules apply. However, when i face some guy that actually doesn't attack right away, i wait for them to bow. If they do, then so do i, and we engage in a fair duel. Whenever this happens, i always get a message like "Thanks for the duel." etc. However, when they attack mindlessly, i get accused of hacking, backstab fishing, ganking and so on. Even when i may not have done any of those things.

If the player that does not mindlessly attack doesn't bow either, i hope that he's some chill dude and so i start doing something crazy like going naked, running in circles or whatever. This usually ends up in a backstab or the invader joining. If the invader backstabs i usually get called a noob. If not, i may just find a friend request between my messages.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 am

I get tons of messages.

GG's, Thank you's for coop, hatemail, (ooh the hatemail, lol), questions about my builds, weapons, spell combos, on and on and on.

DS has a very chatty community. happy
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 am

I have never received hatemail... I feel so alone.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:00 am

i get a number of messages but they are either "please help me out for the next boss" after co-op or "you suck, didn't deserve the win" after i kill the host in a 3v1 during a random invasion. i've gotten one "nice build message" after i beat a 120 build with my 45 build (poisoned and toxic them for the win). i never get "GG" messages during PVP win or lose, but i do get a few "LOL" messages on draws though.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 pm

as i only duel @ undead burg i only get GGs or comments on my weapon loadouts as i love to dual wield. i send a lot of messages myself (especially when playing drunk <3). mostly GGs but i lately started to stay in character of my current build (as i've rolled a 40str large club barbarian/ogre type). f.e. getting killed by wog spam: "what strange sensation...as if the air itself attacked...you have learned the black arts...develish necromancer dog" something like that, i laugh my *** of reading their clueless replies
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:42 pm

I don't get messages often. One guy I beat in Anor Londo messaged me a "sup" before he ran into the Darkmoon tomb with a fog ring on while on green blossom. My son and I laughed as I beat the snot out of the green glow even though he BS'd me a couple of times. I was hoping for a message after that one but didn't get one.

The other messages I've gotten are from invaders who can't find me. Depending on my mood I will play hide and seek or cat and mouse with invaders unless I'm in the Burg then I go to the square.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:34 pm

I rarely get messages when Forest hunting or doing random invasions. But whenever I'm dragonbroing in the Burg I get a ton of messages. Sometimes I may be messaging back and forth with multiple players simultaneously.
    MrMcClean
    MrMcClean

Post by MrMcClean Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:28 am

I mostly get thx for coop or GG if something funny happens and hatemails of course.
    There are so many players who are just annoying. So I sometimes write "thx" or "fair duel" if someone is not trying to gangbeat when phantoms are around or he is in a situation you can't expect him to play fair.
    I also met many cool people in coop and write and get nice messages.
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:46 pm

If I'm co-oping I'll send a "good luck" message after beating the boss or "next try" if we lose. To invaders it's always "good game" no matter the outcome.

When I'm the invader I always send "good game" if I lose and "bravely fought" if I win. I may change it up if I'm killed in a new or unique fashion. It's my way of inviting a conversation, because if I don't I won't get any chatter at all.

I never get any hate mail. I guess my playing style just doesn't warrant it.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:42 pm

I've been causing much pain invading with my level 51 Pursuer/Glass bead spamming glass cannon in Anor Londo today twisted I got real sloppy during one invasion and allowed myself to be backstabbed to death. The guy who beat me later sends a message that said "Pursuers and Dark Beads yet u still lost, trade in this game". I just thought to myself, "hmm, this guy is a bit of an *******" so I messaged him back asking whether he is always that obnoxious when gaming. He then messages saying "Only to sorry people who still lose whilst using the most overpowered spells in the game". Anyway I just told him to "Get a life" and he didn't message again after that silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi, Peter! Haven't seen you in a while. Have you seen how strangely my post count has gone up since we last talked?

Edit: I wish people wouldn't send unnecessary messages like that. I don't see the appeal.
    Tanklord
    Tanklord
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tanklord Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Hi, Peter! Haven't seen you in a while. Have you seen how strangely my post count has gone up since we last talked?

Edit: I wish people wouldn't send unnecessary messages like that. I don't see the appeal.

It's gone up quite a bit alright lol. It would be brill if we could co-op together with this new Faith build I'm creating tomorrow, I'll be in touch cheers On the subject of the mesage I got, yeah there's no need for people to be that obnoxious if they win. It was probably some kid trying to make himself look all cool ha ha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:32 pm