Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon Empty Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:21 pm

Partially inspired by this thread, I've decided I want to make a GLGS build. Ever since I made my Gwyn-clone build I wrote it off as pretty terrible, but I realize this was probably more from me trying to take on NG+ with no poise or shield so I'm going to try and give this thing another shot. Anyway, enough exposition, here's my question:

When planning a build around a weapon that scales evenly in two stats, does your weapon get more damage by investing in one stat only or by investing partially less into both stats?

More specifically, would it be better for this build for me to put all of my points into STR or DEX while leaving the other at its minimum requirements, or for me to invest partially less into both STR and DEX evenly?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon Empty Re: Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I would keep them even till about 30, then decide if you want to go higher in 1 or both based on how many spare SLs you have(based off a 120 build)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon Empty Re: Best way to build around a evenly scaling weapon

Post by RANT Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:30 pm

dont know about dex but if youre gonna two hand it you should stop at 27 str, 27 two hand=40 str
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:00 pm

RantFromRant wrote:dont know about dex but if youre gonna two hand it you should stop at 27 str, 27 two hand=40 str

I know two-handing lowers the strength requirement to weild a weapon properly by 50%, but I believe two-handing in terms of its damage just increases its weapon damage by a multiplier (not sure exactly but I think it's between 1.2x-1.5x increased damage) as opposed to increasing your strength amount towards the weapon scaling, since weapons such as the Dragon weapons that have no scaling get increased damage by two-handing.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:00 pm

I have a BK build (it's almost the same a Gwyn build would be), and I can tell you, that it does near to 10 damage less than the Black Knight Sword if you have high STR and medium DEX. But as we mentioned in the other thread I'm 99% sure that it does more damage to poise than other greatswords. I'm testing it right now, I'll tell you how it goes later.

On topic: EDIT: The sword scales well with STR until you hit 30 (aprox.) but DEX keeps scaling well until 40. With 30 STR and 40 DEX at +5 the sword does 538 damage, at that point it's better than the BKS by 15 points. They are very close.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 pm

ChizFreak wrote:I have a BK build (it's almost the same a Gwyn build would be), and I can tell you, that it does near to 10 damage less than the Black Knight Sword if you have high STR and medium DEX. But as we mentioned in the other thread I'm 99% sure that it does more damage to poise than other greatswords. I'm testing it right now, I'll tell you how it goes later.

On topic: EDIT: The sword scales well with STR until you hit 30 (aprox.) but DEX keeps scaling well until 40. With 30 STR and 40 DEX at +5 the sword does 538 damage, at that point it's better than the BKS by 15 points. They are very close.

That's a much more specific and informative answer than I was hoping to get, thanks alot happy
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Check out this link: https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/home

It'll tell you the specific AR for any Str and Dex combo. Just play around with them and you'll find the best for you.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Hey, good news! I just fought a guy with full Paladin Set, that means 52 poise, and with 1 hit he staggered. With 52 poise you're able to resist a Claymore's hit so, I guess I was right! GLGS does more damage to poise than other Greatswords!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:42 pm