Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Tolvo
Maneater_Mildred
Lancelot
Kyubi-Nick
Whknight
Yarxov
Serious_Much
Reaperfan
Scudman_Slayer
User
berkut
15 posters

What convinced you to join the forums/wiki

berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What convinced you to join the forums/wiki Empty What convinced you to join the forums/wiki

Post by berkut Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 pm

The title pretty much says it. What convinced you to join this community? Considering that you don't need to be a member to use the information here, I am guessing that there were other reasons for most people. Was it to contribute back to the helpful community? To participate in the organized events? Or were there certain members that inspired you to join? I want to know happy.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What convinced you to join the forums/wiki Empty Re: What convinced you to join the forums/wiki

Post by User Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I joined for my search. To show what I am learned, have learned, and discovered. I wanted the opinion of others to help both agree and disagree with my posts I make of my search, and I search for a community that is open for such subjects. That is why I joined the forum, out of everything else.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What convinced you to join the forums/wiki Empty Re: What convinced you to join the forums/wiki

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 pm

im gonna be completely honest

i have no idea what made me join

i just checked the wiki and saw the forums then i found it interesting and registered

and then the new forums came and i registered there as well so now im here

sometimes i try to be helpful and other times im a complete troll

thats how i joined
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 pm

It's true you could view all the information on the old forums without being a member, but in order to actually post a question you still needed to sign up. So I joined to be able to ask for advice on the old forums (I believe I wanted to know where a good spot to be summoned for co-op was at level 100).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 pm

Originally it was to just get a bit of advice when i was new.

Now I post because 1) I want to help people and 2) I can't help myself silly

the organised wars and fight clubs etc are good too, and i've done a bit of wiki info too, though I need to get back into that really.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:07 am

^ This.
    I joined the wiki to chat, get help, opinions, etc aswell as edit. This was added when I just joined so I transferred to this.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:11 am

Part of mine can be read in Meridam99's post about thanking the administrators.

The main reason I decided to join the wiki is because there were a number of individuals whose forum activity made me want to join. Glyphblade's (and now Acidic_Cook's) efforts regarding uncovering secrets in the game always really appealed to me. I always found it really interesting reading about the different hypothesis that they would be trying to test happy.

Others, such as Serious_Much and Carphil, always had interesting and often humourous conversations that were a blast to read.

I was also a really big fan of Reaperfan's summons page (I used that extensively) and I always found his comments to be extremely measured and logical back in the flame war period. Plus the bronie part, that is awesome.

And there were others who never seemed to make the transition to the new forum, such as Noctes or StriksBS.

Finally, I always enjoyed the efforts of Emergence, FexDS, Siarii (When he was active on the old forum) and now Baal and Ublug happy.

I guess I joined because members such as the ones above influenced me and made me interested in the community.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 am

I decided to join after poking the wiki forums for awhile and deciding it was a good community
    Kyubi-Nick
    Kyubi-Nick
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyubi-Nick Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 am

I'd been interested in the lore for a while and pretty much joined to post in Acidic_Cook's topic.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 am

Well my friend, I welcome ya as always. A new post has been made, if ya did not know.

Last edited by Acidic_Cook on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because my iPod does not know English words when their correct, in which they change and misspell it for me, apparently.)
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:02 am

My love for Dark Souls got me to scour the interwebz for a forum, and luckily, I came across this newly-created forum that seems nice enough.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 am

On my 1st play i couldnt remember where i had found my 1st green shards and wanted to farm more. Google search lead me to the wiki. I book marked it on my phone when i saw the wealth of knowledge that was here, and that i might need 1 day. From then on i would visit the site when away from my ps3, found the forums on 3rd visit and got addicted to reading ppls expriences. After enjoying the view for abit i wanted to jump in and swim with the rest of you..... mildred was born.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 am

To contribute to the people who have helped me. This Wiki saved me some grief when it came to certain issues, since I actually read it rather than post questions which can be easily answered with my own eyes. I love to help people as well, and I love the lore.

Which reminds me, Acidic I don't know how the hell you managed to stay sane while combing through the Catacombs and Tomb of the Giants for information.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 am

@ Tolvo: I am currently trying to farm around 140 white titanite chunks in the TOG so I know how that feels :/
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:17 am

Easy, my friend. A Hammer on your shoulder. Heh.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 am

With 18 Strength sadly I can't do that. Alright, I think you there farming have lost your sanity haha. What do you need that much white for anyway?

There is one thing I'm thankful, miss R sells a second Seek Guidance. I was so glad to find that out.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:25 am

Well, the archives have a tip and walkthrough how to do it. Written by me, of course. I have found faster and better ways, but it generally works nonetheless. Written by my, in the archives. Hope it helps ya.

P.S. Don't need Hammer. But it is my sanity in a nutshell, to tell the truth.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:41 am

Your referring to your demon hammer correct? I can't tell if the hammer on my shoulder is supposed to be supporting me or crushing me :S
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:43 am

Agh ninjad, agh double post now :S :S :S.

@Tolvo: Working on the shields page, and this is the only way I know to get white titanite chunks for divine weapons
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 am

Heh, well from my experience, it has never crushed me. I have died, and have missed. Crushed, never. I trust my hammer as my arm, and that is the truth. If I had that 22 pound block of awesome right now in my real arms, I would carry it everywhere till I die. It has never failed me, and the fault is never my arm, my hammer. If FROM gave me an award, I would just ask for that. My hammer.
    fearandwhiskey
    fearandwhiskey
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fearandwhiskey Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 am

The wiki was really helpful to me, and once I got comfortable with the game, I thought maybe I could help someone else. Plus people here are generally nice and respectful of each other and Serious Much's avatar makes me smile.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:45 pm

I first join to help people then for the community
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 am

I never even thought about it. I'd beaten the Moonlight Butterfly and realized there wasn't a page for it on the Wiki, so I made it. It's fundamentally the same page with the same picture, though I don't know how much of my original wording still exists there.

Didn't realize there were forums til a little bit into it...but I don't know, I knew answers to others' questions and had a few of my own...and I'd already joined wikispaces...and now, here I am.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm

I joined to help out w/ the wiki... then I found the forums and it wasn't blocked at work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:06 am