Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
AnCapaillMor
XachAttack
6 posters

Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build Empty Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:48 pm

So, I'm considering trying out some kind of Int/Melee combo build, and I'm wondering something about Dark Bead.

Would it 1 shot someone if I was to have about 30 Int and no Bellowing Dragoncrest/Dusk Crown and hit someone with all the beads from Dark Bead from a Demon's Catalyst? I'de like to avoid having it one shot someone.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build Empty Re: Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:51 pm

You would why?, probably would if all hit but it's very rare you get that opportunity, not now anyways people are wiser.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build Empty Re: Dark Bead question for a first time Spell/Melee build

Post by Rynn Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Only if you got them with counter damage (They are mid-swing)
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

32int dark magic unboosted is fair game, do it!
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Is it better to have 30 STR/30Int for dark magic (With Manus Cat), or is it better to go for 40 STR with only 16 Int?

Naturally the 30/30 would be better, but will the 40/16 at least have them as servicable?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks for the help guys o/. 'Preciate it.

I have no idea, if you were asking me Slarg. The only sorceries I've ever used are Magic Weapon and Soul Arrow.

Stat distribution and proper usage of Sorcery are totally unknown to me.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 pm

go 16int(dark bead) with oolacile cat. or 32int(pursuers) with either tin banishment cat. on a dex build or manus cat. on a str build for best results.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Guys, if he's going for a spell melee, should he something like the sorcerer's or beatrice?
    To the OP: I've done that with 16 int on a kick -> cast combo. It won't happen often though.
    http://mmdks.com/1jgq I don't know if you're asking for build ideas, but this would probably give you that coveted one shot, 1500 hp, a good spell selection, and access to most dex weapons.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 am

I wasn't asking, but thanks for the thought.

http://mmdks.com/1jkt This is actually what I ended up with. Figured that if all Beads hit, it'll make up for the Catalyst's Low Adj. If it doesn't, oh well, I'll find something else to put there. Not a fan of Sorcery anyway.

Again, not asking for build advice, so save the critiques lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:20 am