Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
VMatrixX
CakeThiefPro
DE5PA1R
twilightwarwolf
Ashran
morte
benny-the-jew
11 posters

Ash Lake theory

ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Ash Lake theory - Page 2 Empty Re: Ash Lake theory

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:48 am

Shkar wrote:Now that I think about it, there is really nothing saying that Gwyndolin created the illusion of Gwynevere. Yes, he is shown to have powers of illusion, but he also seems to have most of his faculties about him, and he refers to the illusion as "The Godmother's image."

Now, I will readily admit that it could go either way, but it may imply an ownership, as well as an appearance. Yes, it is an image OF her. But might it not also be an image FROM her?

You do gain the ability to cast miracles from her power by talking to her, after all.

Interesting. So you're saying it could be that Gwynavere left an illusion of herself when she left Anor Londo. I don't know... I feel as if someone was using her illusion for their own purpose. Would Gwynavere really leave something as important as the Lordvessel in the hands of an illusion?
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 am

ADORNTHESPIDER wrote:
    Shkar wrote:Now that I think about it, there is really nothing saying that Gwyndolin created the illusion of Gwynevere. Yes, he is shown to have powers of illusion, but he also seems to have most of his faculties about him, and he refers to the illusion as "The Godmother's image."

Now, I will readily admit that it could go either way, but it may imply an ownership, as well as an appearance. Yes, it is an image OF her. But might it not also be an image FROM her?

You do gain the ability to cast miracles from her power by talking to her, after all.

Interesting. So you're saying it could be that Gwynavere left an illusion of herself when she left Anor Londo. I don't know... I feel as if someone was using her illusion for their own purpose. Would Gwynavere really leave something as important as the Lordvessel in the hands of an illusion?

An illusion, perhaps; or perhaps not. We see several golems crafted out of iron, wood, crystal, and iron. With a direct link to a god (they're not omnipotent, but they ARE powerful), they may be able to make a construct out of pure magic. If we think of Gwyndolin's acts of "illusion" like that, it makes sense; they can even hurt you.

Basically, like a soul arrow in a non-hostile form. Besides, clearly Gwynevere manages to GIVE you the lordvessel.
    ADORNTHESPIDER
    ADORNTHESPIDER

Post by ADORNTHESPIDER Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:38 pm

Shkar wrote:
    ADORNTHESPIDER wrote:

An illusion, perhaps; or perhaps not. We see several golems crafted out of iron, wood, crystal, and iron. With a direct link to a god (they're not omnipotent, but they ARE powerful), they may be able to make a construct out of pure magic. If we think of Gwyndolin's acts of "illusion" like that, it makes sense; they can even hurt you.

Basically, like a soul arrow in a non-hostile form. Besides, clearly Gwynevere manages to GIVE you the lordvessel.

That's a good point. I still suspect someone is using whatever it is for their own means.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:54 pm