Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Zyrrashijn
User1
Zephryl
Djem
Werdax
sfcc
CarverUpqik
Brigade
Hue
Dibsville
Automancer
skarekrow13
AnCapaillMor
Micha369
18 posters

My Kalameet thread...

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

My Kalameet thread... - Page 2 Empty Re: My Kalameet thread...

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:01 pm

^Whenever Kalameet flys up for the fire blast, just roll in the opposite direction. You won't get hit.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:12 pm

I agree with the poster who said Kalameet is easy after you kill him once. When figured out, his moves are really, really easy to read and counter. Gives you plenty of time to heal too. Now cutting his tail, that is a different story...

Also I have a tactic for Sanctuary Guardian that never fails me. Attack him only after he does his horn charge attack, when he flies down to you and tries to headbutt you.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Djem wrote:I agree with the poster who said Kalameet is easy after you kill him once. When figured out, his moves are really, really easy to read and counter. Gives you plenty of time to heal too. Now cutting his tail, that is a different story...

Also I have a tactic for Sanctuary Guardian that never fails me. Attack him only after he does his horn charge attack, when he flies down to you and tries to headbutt you.

thats what i do i mean hell his attacks dont do much damage you can tank all his lightning attacks, you really only wanna dodge the wind one and his charges
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Djem wrote:I agree with the poster who said Kalameet is easy after you kill him once. When figured out, his moves are really, really easy to read and counter. Gives you plenty of time to heal too. Now cutting his tail, that is a different story...

I actually find sanctuary guardian to be one of the easiest bosses of the game after you figure out his moveset, he is the most predictable, and is very easily dodged

Back to Kalameet, try to stay in open areas, and dodge until you get: long range headbutt, foot stomp, and the two fire breaths (straight and sweeping), there are the safest and easiest to punish

Don't push your luck wih other attacks
    For his tail, a good way is to bait his charging attack, if he lands at a certain distance from you, he will try to hit you with his tail(easy to avoid), that's your opportunity to land one or two hits before he lifts it back up

Also, locking on helps a lot when he does his flying fire breath AOE, just run back while mashing roll button

Last edited by Hachouma on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:

thats what i do i mean hell his attacks dont do much damage you can tank all his lightning attacks, you really only wanna dodge the wind one and his charges

2 hits and i'm dead
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:15 pm

sfcc wrote:
    CarverUpqik wrote:

2 hits and i'm dead

really? i do it with 20 vit and brass armor in NG+ and barely take damage without blocking
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:33 pm

yea but i'm in NG 6-7 and the only reason Kalameet cant kill me is he cant touch me
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:36 pm

when i say barely i mean like a millimeter of damage and ive fought them on NG+7 with my lv100mage with 30 vit and it only did like a quarter of my bar are you what is your lightning defense and vitality?
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm

lv162 vit.28 ligdef.193
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:44 pm

oh maybe its just good luck on my part lol because thats not far off from my mage in terms of health and def
    sfcc
    sfcc
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sfcc Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:48 pm

do you get stuned that how he get me first hit stuns second kills
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 pm

not usually no the only attacks that stun me are usually his charge and his wind thingy
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 pm

I mostly don't see this dragon in the air on top of me so I run or jump in the wrong direction!
    I don't know how you guys do this, I very often get subtracted 50% health!
    I hate this dragon!!!!!
    Since Sunday I have to deal with this fu..ing creature!
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm not sure if it's been said, because I'm too lazy to read the whole topic, but I found Kala to be easier if you don't lock on. You can see more of the fight, react better and you can actually defend against a couple of attacks more accurately too.

I'm not sure what kind of build you're running, but if you want to cut the tail get one of the Halberd type weapons that has the vertical R1 and Running attack. Black Knight Halberd was the one I used, but not everyone lucks out and gets one (Or is willing to farm the Kiln for it). With a good Halberd you actually get a couple more opportunities to hit the tail than other weapons, although attacking while he's doing the Calamity Gaze is still the best opening you'll get.

If you can, get a Greatshield (Or anything with huge Stability) and put on the Cloranthy Ring, and remember to lower your shield after blocking so that your stamina quickly regens.

Patience is key, especially if you're after the tail, and if you've already lost your souls and are in hollow form, there's no reason at all to rush, and you don't lose anything if you die. Focus on recognizing when he's going to do some of his more frequent moves, as well as the more important ones.

Some moves to look out for:
    Charge + Shoot fire backwards: After a while, you'll easily be able to stay out of range of the fire, this is a perfect opportunity to heal and regain stamina.

Calamity Gaze: This is his telepathy grab attack, which temporarily makes you receive double damage for a short time after (If you didn't already know, then play ultra defensively if you get the Calamity Eye debuff, it doesn't last very long). This move is the best opportunity to hit his tail (You should be able to get a couple hits in if you're fast), but because he does it so rarely it can be a pain to recognize.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Zephryl wrote:I'm not sure if it's been said, because I'm too lazy to read the whole topic, but I found Kala to be easier if you don't lock on. You can see more of the fight, react better and you can actually defend against a couple of attacks more accurately too.
    This I can try again although I think I tried it before.
    Zephryl wrote:

I'm not sure what kind of build you're running, but if you want to cut the tail get one of the Halberd type weapons that has the vertical R1 and Running attack. Black Knight Halberd was the one I used, but not everyone lucks out and gets one (Or is willing to farm the Kiln for it). With a good Halberd you actually get a couple more opportunities to hit the tail than other weapons, although attacking while he's doing the Calamity Gaze is still the best opening you'll get.
    My char: SL161, V 50, Att 12, Con 55, Str 31, Dex 52, Resi 10, Int 21, Faith 11
    I use the Murakumo+15 (404 R2 dmg or 524 R2-jumping dmg) and the Crest shield (the Crest shield has 80% magical dmg. reduction) although I have many other shields as well.

Zephryl wrote:
    If you can, get a Greatshield (Or anything with huge Stability) and put on the Cloranthy Ring, and remember to lower your shield after blocking so that your stamina quickly regens.
    You mean the Eagle Shield or the Black Iron Greatshield? But those shields are only heavy and worse in magical dmg. protection!??

Zephryl wrote:
    Patience is key, especially if you're after the tail, and if you've already lost your souls and are in hollow form, there's no reason at all to rush, and you don't lose anything if you die. Focus on recognizing when he's going to do some of his more frequent moves, as well as the more important ones.

Some moves to look out for:
    Charge + Shoot fire backwards: After a while, you'll easily be able to stay out of range of the fire, this is a perfect opportunity to heal and regain stamina.

Calamity Gaze: This is his telepathy grab attack, which temporarily makes you receive double damage for a short time after (If you didn't already know, then play ultra defensively if you get the Calamity Eye debuff, it doesn't last very long). This move is the best opportunity to hit his tail (You should be able to get a couple hits in if you're fast), but because he does it so rarely it can be a pain to recognize.

I know you are right!
    E.g. he breathes, I run to him and give him two smacks (R1, this is quicker and consumes less energy). Then he often goes up into the air for his vertical blast and I can run away or jump away (3x). He almost always gets me (50% health reduction) as I wrote. Then maybe the big longitudinal jump attack that is followed instantly by a heave sweeping breath. And that was it because I cannot get out of the reach of this quick enough!
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:24 pm

This guy is to hard for me! I don't feel like trying it any longer!

Locked or unlocked doesn't matter. He hits me with his vertical blast from the air!
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

The stats on the shield are mainly irrelevant, you just want one with high Stability and 100% physical reduction. You should be avoiding the fire instead of blocking it (It sounds like you're being hit trying to avoid it anyway, so the magic reduction is useless anyway) so it's just his physical attacks that you need to block. Greatshield of Artorias, or Havel's Greatshield are good choices. Also, are you Fast, Mid or Fat rolling? If you're Fat rolling, you'll need to get down to Mid since I don't think you can outrun the fire as a Fatroller.

And yes, the Greatshields are much heavier than medium shields, but because of the higher stability they take less Stamina to block attacks, which means you can block more often.

The only advice I can offer for the vertical fire attack is to sprint as fast as you can away from him when you see him rise, being unlocked will help with this as well.

Also, above all, be patient. The DLC is much harder than the rest of the game, the bosses have much smaller openings than other bosses. If you get greedy, you'll get punished. Just take the fight slow, if you're getting hit after one of the bosses opening then you're attacking too many times.

And do you have any other weapons? Murakumo does a lot of damage, but I'm pretty sure it's quite slow (Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I used it) and a faster weapon means you can attack more safely, even if you do less damage.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Yes the Murakumo is pretty slow! I tried to use the Balder Side Sword +15 but with this I often hit between his legs or so, I didn't hit him every now and then. But ok, I can give the Lifehuntscythe+5 a trial. Or the Silver Knight Sword +5.

To the shields, I read prot. against magic is good since of his magical stuff that he breathes. But I can take a Greatshield.

I have the Havel ring so I always was a fast roller.

And this is NG+ so I already have beaten Kalameet in the first playthrough! This is what is most annoying to me.

Thanks for your help!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Murakumo is very good when his tail is briefly grounded. The 2h r2 combo you can fit in should take it off in one combo.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:42 pm

It might be specific to my play style and/or build, but i found Kalameet to be much, much easier when i went 0 poise fastroll with a Ultra Greatsword/Halberd (for str or dex builds, long range), DWGR, child mask, and grass crest shield
    With this set up and 25 vit, i would survive a single melee hit, and survive most of his fire breaths

The DWGR makes it much more easier to escape his AOE, it is even faster than sprinting away, and you have i-frames in case the fire catches up with you at the very end, it also makes dodging his head easier, you can then go near his feet and attack him while he spams ground stomping attacks
    If he does any other attack, dodge, punish if possible, go back to his feet, attack, repeat

If you want his tail, stay at mid range, and wait for him to fly up and charge you, if you're still at mid range when he lands, he will slam his tail down on you, slightly to the left, that's your best opportunity to cut it, most weapons will do

Last edited by Hachouma on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 am

Sorry my question but what was the DWGR?
    Zyrrashijn
    Zyrrashijn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Zyrrashijn Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:06 am

Its Darkwood Grain Ring, the one that lets you flip like Ninja
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:08 am

Good luck with the fight, if you haven't already killed that blasted dragon.

I stuck a large buffed needle a few too many times into it's hide and it rolled over dead. Truly the most original way to kill such a beast.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Zyrrashijn wrote:Its Darkwood Grain Ring, the one that lets you flip like Ninja
    Is it still possible to get this ring now? I'm not in this covenant! When I saw this cat sitting in that ruin I sadly said "no" to the cat.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:40 pm

GrinTwist wrote:Good luck with the fight, if you haven't already killed that blasted dragon.

I stuck a large buffed needle a few too many times into it's hide and it rolled over dead. Truly the most original way to kill such a beast.

What do you mean with that? What kind of a needle? How buffed?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:11 pm