Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Phoenix Rising
morte
skarekrow13
Djem
Tchuwib
Animaaal
Maneater_Mildred
Dibsville
Hue
XachAttack
Dubscythe
15 posters

So I'm finally getting to play AotA

Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I'm finally getting to play AotA - Page 2 Empty Re: So I'm finally getting to play AotA

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Stunlock FTW!!! cheers
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

So I'm finally getting to play AotA - Page 2 Empty Re: So I'm finally getting to play AotA

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:21 am

Got to the Chasm of the Abyss, it's pretty dark in here. Puts the Dark in Dark Souls.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:16 am

Dubscythe wrote:Got to the Chasm of the Abyss, it's pretty dark in here. Puts the Dark in Dark Souls.
    Make sure you pick up Black Flame.
    Once you free a certain someone, go down the left path and then the left path again, you should find it there.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 am

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Elevator shafts are OP please nerf.

big grin
    Lol, yes pleeze.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that these are sentient humanities.

Quick Edit: Saved Sifbro
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:07 pm

silver pendant Manus bro
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Animaaal wrote:silver pendant Manus bro

Why?

I just beat Manus my first attempt, no Silver Pendant and no Sif summon. I didn't even see the summon sign for Sif.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:23 pm

nvm then...nice job. Did you thank your phantoms?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Animaaal wrote:nvm then...nice job. Did you thank your phantoms?

I didn't have any, I didn't see a single summon sign.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:26 pm

WHY THE HELL ARE GUYS GIVING HELP?!?!

The guy wants a blind run and you guys are telling him whats best to complete the DLC.. Seriously how retarded Look Skyward

Hope your DLC playthrough wasn't wrecked too much by the tactic spoilers.. I pretty much avoided the forum while playing it so that I didn't wreck it for myself.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Dubscythe wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:nvm then...nice job. Did you thank your phantoms?

I didn't have any, I didn't see a single summon sign.

So, without any help, only sifbro, no silver pendant, not reading the wiki, pretty much zero tips......you beat Manus on first try?!?!?! :affraid:
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 pm

Serious_Much wrote:WHY THE HELL ARE GUYS GIVING HELP?!?!

The guy wants a blind run and you guys are telling him whats best to complete the DLC.. Seriously how retarded Look Skyward

Hope your DLC playthrough wasn't wrecked too much by the tactic spoilers.. I pretty much avoided the forum while playing it so that I didn't wreck it for myself.

No one wrecked it for me. The only pointer I really followed was making a +15 wep which I was going to do anyway. To be honest I already knew most of what was in the DLC, kind of hard to avoid spoilers for 6+ months.

The only thing I have left to do is fight Kalameet and say hi to Gough.

@Animaal: Yes, I found most of his attacks fairly easy to read, and he backs off enough that I was able to heal often. Keep in mind I'm SL83 at the moment, so I'm endgame strong for NG.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Your build is either geared towards Manus, or I call bs. Purely out of jealously of course, and also realism.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:36 pm

I was fast-rolling with a +15 Uchigatana.

Sanctuary Guardian and Artorias gave me more trouble than Manus.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 pm

Animaaal wrote:Your build is either geared towards Manus, or I call bs. Purely out of jealously of course, and also realism.

Animal, I beat Manus on 2nd try (1st i only got killed trying to find sif's sign), I had sif, but i think overall manus was pretty easy for my character because he's a long range mage cannon. This was all on NG+ btw.

I genuinely think manus is arguably one of the easiest DLC bosses.. His close up attacks are weak and easy to dodge, his dark magic isn't too hard to dodge or block either, even then it's heal-able damage

Kala was hard, he was the only boss that took me more than 2 tries though.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Anyone I know that fought Manus blind got wrecked the first time.

1)Attacks are not easy to read your first time. When you're by yourself he applies plenty of pressure.

2)One Dark Bead or "encircling db" almost kills you.

3)His "roar combo" has killed many.

Manus is easy, AFTER fighting him.

Sorry guys, you're the minority. Manus either rolled over for you, or you're DkS Gods...in which case I either say...

Prostration

....or you lucky *******s Shrug

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:52 pm

I find it funny though, that even as a husk of his former self Artorias is still more of a challenge than Gwyn. Wonder who would win in a fight.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Kalameet.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:58 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Kalameet.

I thought Kalameet was waaay easier than Manus the first time, but then again I wasnt going for the tail.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Animaaal wrote:Anyone I know that fought Manus blind got wrecked the first time.

1)Attacks are not easy to read your first time. When you're by yourself he applies plenty of pressure.

Sorry guys, you're the minority. Manus either rolled over for you, or you're DkS Gods...in which case I either say...

Prostration

I think he rolled over for me.. He didn't do this mythical undodgable/unblockable dark magic attack for me, which was kinda sad.

I found his melee attacks actually very simple to dodge, telegraphed well with an easy rhythm to dodge around..

Even with sif there i took all the aggro, though sif did the final blow while i was healing, sneaky pup <3

Kalameet: I didn't go for the tail, and he was way harder than manus. Melee attack (head sweep) had really awkward dodge timing and blew right through my shield if i tried to block, fire just ate through my shield (it was crest as well) and he was just generally awkward to attack.. I don't understand how kala could be compared to manus, he's on a whole other level.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Anyone I know that fought Manus blind got wrecked the first time.

Prostration

I think he rolled over for me.. He didn't do this mythical undodgable/unblockable dark magic attack for me, which was kinda sad.

I found his melee attacks actually very simple to dodge, telegraphed well with an easy rhythm to dodge around..

Even with sif there i took all the aggro, though sif did the final blow while i was healing, sneaky pup <3

When I bought the dlc I went in blind. I had no silver pendant, thought the Crest Shield would save me, and was prolly
    sl 30-40?

He raped me. Seriously, a certain orifice will never be the same. I haven't been constipated since I finished the dlc. :shock:
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Animaaal wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Prostration

When I bought the dlc I went in blind. I had no silver pendant, thought the Crest Shield would save me, and was prolly
    sl 30-40?

He raped me. Seriously, a certain orifice will never be the same. I haven't been constipated since I finished the dlc. :shock:

Like I said, I'm SL83.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Dubscythe wrote:...Like I said, I'm SL83....

Read it
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Manus was the easiest fight ever. Just stand outside the boss fog and shoot him with a (cross)bow. Wait, that doesn't count?
    Manus was the hardest fight ever. Half his attacks would 1-shot me, and the rest would leave me with 30% hp, at most.
    On my SL10 it took me about 50 tries to beat him. I decided to go butt-naked wielding only a grass crest shield and a lightning zwei, while ninja-flipping. No point in bringing armor if he 1-shots you anyways.
    On my SL1 I got killed about 15 times, got bored and cheated with the crossbow trick.
    I got Artorias both times in about 10 tries. Kalameet took me about 20 tries on my SL10 and about 5 tries on my SL1. On my SL1 he went nuts with that flying move, allowing me to get that tail in about 30 seconds, first try.

Oh and no, I never did the DLC with any other character, yet silly Maybe I'll change my opinion after my SL65 goes through there.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:36 pm

I like Gough, Gough is cool.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:06 pm