Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
GrinTwist
Automancer
Dibsville
The Letter X
Jansports
Ghadis_God
User1
Rynn
raecor14
13 posters

the falchion, why do i never see it?

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

the falchion, why do i never see it? Empty the falchion, why do i never see it?

Post by raecor14 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:32 am

this weapon is badass and it is the reason i have a 3/1 K to D ratio. yet i never find anyone using it? is it really that underground?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

the falchion, why do i never see it? Empty Re: the falchion, why do i never see it?

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

No.
    It's right behind the gold tracer in popularity with the **** parts of the playerbase.. I don't seem to see good players using curved swords often though.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

the falchion, why do i never see it? Empty Re: the falchion, why do i never see it?

Post by User1 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 am

If you ever saw my dex 120 build, you would see the falchion a lot.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 am

The falchion is second to the Gold Tracer because the GT has ridiculous bleed and doesn't need a slab to upgrade. I actually prefer the QFS for its reach, r2's and chip damage, but all of the curved swords are pretty powerful. They can be a bit boring to play at times, and when the opponent is using them they're really easy to parry.

Edit: Our beloved Mod reim is an avid Falchion user, I had an excellent series of arena duels against it and he really knows his way around that thing.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:42 am

Rynn wrote:No.
    It's right behind the gold tracer in popularity with the **** parts of the playerbase.. I don't seem to see good players using curved swords often though.

Do you see good players use any weapons ever? Seriously just about every comment I've seen you make on specific weapons has been "I don't see good players use it/them"

The Falchion used to be a bigger deal, before the GT existed, it's still very good and IMO the best Buffing curved sword for PvP.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

It's very good for buffing and R1 spamming. Its lack of a kick and poor critical damage deter me from putting it in my mainhand however. Its my weapon of choice in the offhand because of its fast swing speed though, I use it all the time if you count that.

And I'm not saying its only good at R1 spamming, I just find other weapons to be better at what it can do.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:56 am

The Falchion was second only to the Gold Tracer, the only thing stronger is a buffed Painting Guardian Sword.
    Guardian Sword > Gold Tracer > Falchion.
    Due to the Guardian Swords short length, the Falchion was the best choice, but people quickly switched to the Gold Tracer when it came out.

Go host in the Forest, you'll see plenty of Falchions.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 am

imho i find the falchion to be better than the gold tracer because it feels better to use
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am

I use it a lot on my Dragon build. I feel that it's faster than the Gold Tracer.
    I love the Falchion/Scimitar but they're second to my LH Scythe.

A weapon does not need to be in the hands of a good player to shine. The weapon will speak for itself. A good player can use any weapon in the game to beat their opponents.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am

I normally use the falchion as an off hand weapon if someone tries to bs fish or is turtling. The bleed on that thing is amazing, after only two hits most turtlers start running away from me.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:42 am

GrinTwist wrote:I normally use the falchion as an off hand weapon if someone tries to bs fish or is turtling. The bleed on that thing is amazing, after only two hits most turtlers start running away from me.

The Falchion does not cause bleed.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:47 am

Are you sure? I've been using it a bit in the Royal wood, and if someone is tanking with full havel's, I swear I've seen theme take bleed damage.

Unless, if I'm mistaking another weapon right now but I don't think I am.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking about the laito not the falchion, sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by GrinTwist on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 am

The only curved swords that cause bleed are the Gold Tracer and Painting Guardian Sword.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Come to the Forest and taste my falchion.I almost exclusively fight with curved swords. I love the Fury sword but have a Falchion for all occasions.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:51 pm

I only ever used it in the off hand because of all the s*** R1 spammers.I found it very useful for countering low poise BS fishers when paired with a heavy weapon.I'd love to learn to use it without spamming though,people would the falchion, why do i never see it? 4174989374if I ever won.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Reim is quite skilled with the falchion. He's really good at applying pressure with it.
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Falchions beast, dont put a buff on it though in 1v1s, its beyond cruel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:10 pm