Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Invasion Question

Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Invasion Question Empty Invasion Question

Post by Xaelai Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 am

So earlier today, I was just mucking around in AL with my new Strength-based character.

I hadn't beaten O&S yet so I summoned a sunbro and we got that done.

Then I had a little time left and I was kinda bored, I went to Firelink and bought Ornstein's Armor which was better than what I was wearing.

Then I went back and dropped my WSS down near the bonfire and started killing Knights.

This person summoned me and we made our way towards O&S, stopping at the titanite Demon. I don't normally melee the thing, but the host wanted to so we tried... only I got killed (I wasn't used to meleeing them).

Dropped my WSS again and the same person summoned me again. They must have finished the demon off; it was dead this time. We make our way to the room with the 2 Royal Guards, and while fighting them, someone invades.

The Invader doesn't give us time to kill the guards, he runs up and BS's the host before we can react to what's going on. Luckily I was able to finish off the 2nd guard before the Host died and I ran at him.

Sadly, he killed the host before I could do much of anything about it, so I went in swinging.

I killed the Invader before I was expelled from the world, though barely. The invader didn't seem to be prepared for a white with a gravelord+5 lol, nor did they seem ready for one to just run in swinging with both hands. He almost killed me, though...

My question:

When that happens (Invader kills host, phantom kills invader), does the host still get to pick up the invader's souls even though they died before the invader did?

Or is it a pointless waste to attack the invader after the host dies?

Anyways, I dropped my WSS again, and we managed to kill O&S on that attempt so that was nice.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Invasion Question Empty Re: Invasion Question

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:31 am

I don't think so, because on their end "YOU DIED" and fade to black/load screen would be occurring while you and the invader are still allowed to play around in the host's world for a few extra seconds.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 am

Think you do but has to be pretty quick, i know i've gotten killed by a forest gank squad and the forest defender killed them a few seconds later and i got the souls and reward. Or an invader has cast pw or i poisoned them and they die afterwards, i got the souls in my bloodstain. So imagine it's the same if a coop dude kills him quick enough.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:38 am

Well, at any rate, I had the satisfaction of killing him.

Though I have to ask...

If you're invading in Anor Londo... which has a lightning-heavy boss... why would you use a Lightning Weapon, as many people might be gearing themselves up to defend against lightning?

That's the only reason I beat the guy -- he was using a smaller lightning katana. I was wearing Ornstein's Armor and using a Thunder Stoneplate Ring along with a Black Knight Shield. That's how he hit me a good 4-5 times and I still had a third of my health left, though I almost got Blood Loss before he died.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:46 am