Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ublug
Hue
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
densetsushun
Dibsville
BIG TIME MASTER
10 posters

Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging Empty Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm working on a SL1 run to be the last run I ever do in DKS. I have rung the two bells but want to get down to the Demon Ruins to grab those green shards and ember because I want an upgraded fire reinforced club. Right now it is at 2 or 3 but I want as much as possible for O&S.

Anyways, I aggroed the Ceaseless Fire Spammer and I can't get him into his melee mode where he follows you to the cliff and then falls off. There is no way I am going to beat him the legit way, the fire club is my only decent weapon and it does nearly zilch damage. Any special technique to re-agro him the appropriate way? I tried staying within melee range and slowly working back towards the fog gate, but that is pretty difficult because some of his attacks are impossible to dodge on the narrow walkway and usually one hit kill me.

Thanks!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging Empty Re: Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Run back to the altar with the Gold-Hemmed black
    Run back to the fog gate
    Don't die in between
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging Empty Re: Ceaseless Discharge ceaselessly discharging

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:20 pm

I tried that, but he just started fire spamming me when I got to the end, ceaselessly.

Is that a sure fire technique? When I get to the treasure chest area, do I need to wait for him to get all the way back there?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Just wait about 3-5 seconds
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Alright, I'll try that tomorrow.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Grass crest shield or any other stamina regen equipment and fast roll. Never fails for me when doing that. Go buck naked if you need to, you get one shotted from his discharge anyway.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Farm leeches, mate.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:45 pm

Did you grab the gold hemmed black set? he should rip his arm out instantly
    If that doesn't work, he's pretty easy to cheese regardless, just hide behind the small mountain and he should always use his melee attack, dodge, hit, bait, repeat
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Once he rips his arm out you can run back to the entrance and he usually suicides. If he kills you with his fireblast, run back to where he was standing and he should rip his arm out again (wait for him to do so), then run back to the entrance.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:49 pm

The first time I tried it, I failed on my attempt to get to the fog gate. Once he was aggroed, I couldn't get him to do the plunge. I had to fight him the real way.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow because I have the day off from work it turns out.

I've tried everything people said here except for going all the way to the chaos witch set altar and then back. I got him to pull out the arm plenty of times, but every time I got any distance he went back to the fire spam.

The narrow corridor trick usually works easy, but my only weapon does about 25 damage per hit, and I just don't have the patience to do that for an hour.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:40 pm

The one time this happened to me I ran back to the altar. I waited for him to get to his usual spot then I ran back to the fog. It worked out fine.

So I second the altar.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm

I started a SL 1 Runthrough a few days ago, too. I had no ranged weapons at that point either, so I had to anger him by picking of the clothes. This naturally made it 3x harder then it had to, due to him being very unforgiving.

My only advise is that you wait until you have a more appropriate weapon to use against him, and once you enter the fog gate, just run straight at him and jump, should he attempt to use his fire tentacle.

This might not be very useful informations, but it will work eventually.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:13 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Farm leeches, mate.

He needs the ember. Running through lava is probably impossible at level 1.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:37 am

When he rips his arm out, you still have to lure him to the end of the arena before running to the fog gate
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:34 am

Idudits.

Going all the way back then waiting for him worked like a charm.

Thank you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:37 pm