Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Running out of Build ideas

ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Running out of Build ideas Empty Running out of Build ideas

Post by ninjashifty Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

So, I've been playing a lot lately and I always seem to go the dex route a lot. I have a str character, a faith character and my mage.

What else could I build? I have a pyromancer as well... I have a katana build, a rapier build, Large club build, hell even a bow only build.

This seems to be where my problem is. It's either str or dex build with either faith or int and 40 endurance. I want to build a PvP based character but they all seem to be either str or dex builds with either faith or int.

I honestly wish the bb glitch hadn't been removed because I actually used to it to build pvp characters. I didn't run around level 10 and invade, I actually tried to get leveled up to 125 to do some actual PvP. I would pop all the souls I transferred over including boss souls to trying to get as high as possible.

Any ideas of builds that I may be missing? I want a solid idea so I don't spend all this time running through the game collecting all the items I need and hate the build.

Does anyone still have the link for the SL1 walkthrough? Maybe I’ll try beating the game SL1.

Edit: I found the SL 1 playthrough https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t16390-sl-1-run-guide-tips
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Running out of Build ideas Empty Re: Running out of Build ideas

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 am

Have you tried fat rolling/mid rolling?
    I had a SL65 tarkus cosplay that Iloved and did reasonably well in PvP (heavy xbow for range).

Just having str/dex/faith/int... I'm not sure that really encompasses a build. I think move speed is a huge factor as well, same with poise.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:29 am

double xbows. One avylen, one heavy, and a fire or chaos weapon for melee. pump vit and end after minimum stats for weapons. Im currently rocking it with this build and its really fun. For best results, go for lower poise and weight to use the DWGR.
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

fujiphoenix wrote:double xbows. One avylen, one heavy, and a fire or chaos weapon for melee. pump vit and end after minimum stats for weapons. Im currently rocking it with this build and its really fun. For best results, go for lower poise and weight to use the DWGR.

I actually have a character that I can use this on. I have one that uses a lightning katana with like 84 vit and 60 endurance. I think the str/dex are at 16 tho.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

DO IT
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:58 pm

limit your level to 80 for boss areas and invade. this way you have to make new types of build because you need lower stats and you can try new areas
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

You can also try a completely different setup for your existing builds, for example a 40 end katana build could be converted to this:
    http://mmdks.com/1sd3
    ninjashifty
    ninjashifty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ninjashifty Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:39 pm

I wish I could look at all these cool Dark Souls websites at work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:13 pm