Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

New PvP Character

DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

New PvP Character Empty New PvP Character

Post by DaFarmerProject Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 pm

I'm on my 2nd playthrough right now (SL 35 Pyromancer, Chaos Servant) and I need some advice on PvP. I don't plan on becoming a Dark Wraith in this playthrough, probably on my next. Should I abandon the Chaos Servants with this char and make him a Pvp later on, or should my 3rd char be a PvP build? If so, what's a good PvP build? Weapons? Armor? Magic? Thanks!
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

New PvP Character Empty Re: New PvP Character

Post by LunarFog Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:55 pm

What sl do you plan to stop on? Who says you can't still do pvp with a non-pvp character?

Either way, you should abandon the chaos servant covenant if you already got the pyromancies from it. It doesn't offer anything else important except that shortcut if you count that.

As for what weapons/armor/spells you should get, it depends on what you're aiming for. Pure caster? Tank? Middle ground? caster/melee hybrid? Quickroll?
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 pm

LunarFog wrote:What sl do you plan to stop on? Who says you can't still do pvp with a non-pvp character?

Either way, you should abandon the chaos servant covenant if you already got the pyromancies from it. It doesn't offer anything else important except that shortcut if you count that.

As for what weapons/armor/spells you should get, it depends on what you're aiming for. Pure caster? Tank? Middle ground? caster/melee hybrid? Quickroll?

I'm not sure yet what SL I want to stop on.. Probably the 35-45 range. And I do casual pvp with my current char, but only for gaining humanity. I don't have access to cracked red eye orbs. And I'm currently working on getting the Chaos pyromancies.. It'll be a little bit.

As for my PvP build, I'm not really too informed about it. I may do some research on the wiki, but I'm kinda aiming for a quickroll, stealth character. Probably starting out with the Thief class. I want to be ranged, and use melee in a nice hybrid. I'm not sure where I should put my stat points.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Err, a stealth character? here let me throw out a build and i'll explain how i'd use it. http://mmdks.com/1zpx

Okay, first off chameleon. That spell turns you into an object, therefore it is good for waiting for a host to pass then jumping out and backstabbing them. Hidden body turns you trasnparent, but it isn't that good.

The painted guardian sword can bleed out enemies, and the balder side sword is a more versatile sword, so with both of them you can mix it up. Oh and regarding the gear, i just like how that looks, but you could most likely make it better. Shrug

Edit: Oh and good places to invade around this SL include Sens and Anor Londo. And if you want, you could drop dex down to 25 and put more points into Vit and End, but i don't think its a must.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:57 pm

http://mmdks.com/1zq8

Here's my build. Since 35 is a low level I went for pyromancy and Quelaags furysword to take advantage of their non-scaling/low scaling with stats so you can focus more on increasing health.

Went midroll with high poise so you can cast fire tempest and your other spells without being interupted.

Chaos pyromancy and quelaags fury sword scale with humanity up to 10 so keep that in mind.
    DaFarmerProject
    DaFarmerProject
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DaFarmerProject Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:12 pm

Thank both of you.. I studied the builds and I really like the first one. I plan on using a no-pyromancy char, with keeping Chameleon in consideration.. I like the bow/side sword tactic. I'll stack Dex and try to quickroll if I can use Havel's Ring. Again, thank both of you for giving me some ideas. I feel more comfortable with PvP now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm