Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sentiel
Animaaal
Dibsville
LordTransvalence
8 posters

Getting Demon Souls

LordTransvalence
    LordTransvalence
    Casual
    Casual

Getting Demon Souls Empty Getting Demon Souls

Post by LordTransvalence Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Today im getting demon souls , any tips for a noob? lol!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Getting Demon Souls Empty Re: Getting Demon Souls

Post by Dibsville Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Don't get overconfident. Demon's Souls isn't like Dark Souls where you can just tank everything.
    Mostly because there's no poise in Demon's.
    On top of that, you're only going to have about 75% of your health for the entire playthrough.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:45 pm

No tips needed. Demon's (from what I hear) is a cakewalk after playing Dark Souls.

However...

1) Get use to not jumping.

2) Start as royalty.

3) Reports say online is dead, except for the world 4-1 on the weekends.
    I'd imagine 1-3 is still active on the weekends too.

4) The Valley of Defilement will change you.

5) Fully understand world tendency after beating phalanx.

6) aquire the Talisman of Beats, imo.

7) Pray, after all...it is a souls game.

Great game, good investment.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:49 pm

1. Yes
    2. If he's already played Dark Souls, he's better of with a Temple Knight since he'll know the basics.
    3. Online is not dead, only dueling in 4-1 is dead. Randoms are everywhere.
    4. Yes.
    5. Don't worry about this until you start making builds.
    6. Not needed for the first playthrough.
    7. Yes.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:58 pm

1. Agreed.
    2. Start as anything. Royal makes the game very easy. I start as the Knight and like it a lot.
    3. 4-1 has FCs on Friday evenings and the game is alive on low SL. Up to SL 30, you can co-op and invade a lot, but it's still a lot less active than Dark Souls.
    4. I have nightmares from my first visit to 5-2...
    5. Forget Tendencies, min/maxing and all that gibberish. Just play and enjoy the game.
    6. Acquire Talisman of God. It will allow you to cast Heal, which is very usefull in Demon's Souls. Especially for a new player.
    7. Umbasa.
    LordTransvalence
    LordTransvalence
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LordTransvalence Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Alright , so yes i have completed dark souls , and aquired the dark soul , so i have some experience , what kind of setup would u guys recommened?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:13 pm

2) (dibs and sentiel) Good point. He wont need royalty after playing DkS. Temple Knight all the way.
    3) (dibs and sentiel) Thats great to hear.
    4) Sleep Sleep .... :affraid:
    5) (dibs and sentiel), but he could wind up at pure black. I think he should at least understand it, and what suiciding in the nexus is for.
    6) (dibs and sentiel) The ToB will allow him to experiment with all castings with his first toon.
    7) "touch the demon inside me"

@ lord

Make a dual wielder...you'll love it.

Armor wise, Doran's / Black Leather / "the Great Axe chick...i forget her name".

Understand the overall equipment burden differences compared to Dark Souls and the bottomless box.

Brushwood armor stuff for pve.

I feel like I'm spoiling now...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm

ToB is hard to get, while ToG and Wooden Catalyst are easy to find and serve the same purpose. There's no reason to get ToB to experiment with magic. It's like saying to a DkS begginer "Man, don't use that catalyst, get TCC."

So he will get PBWT. He will be confused and will come to ask, or find out on his own. In the best case scenario, he'll think he just got Gravelorded.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Sentiel wrote:ToB is hard to get, while ToG and Wooden Catalyst are easy to find and serve the same purpose. There's no reason to get ToB to experiment with magic. It's like saying to a DkS begginer "Man, don't use that catalyst, get TCC."

True. Forget i said it, he's right.

So he will get PBWT. He will be confused and will come to ask, or find out on his own. In the best case scenario, he'll think he just got Gravelorded.

I still say understand it.

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm a Demon Souls vet, (just like alot of the people here). Compared to Dark Souls, I find Demon is a kids game lol. I mean it is just so much easier.
    For starter toon I would go with royal at sl 1. It starts with soul arrow and fragrant ring for mana regen. The rapier isn't that great but at least you can 1 shot most of the mobs until you finish area and can level up. I find it a great starter toon cause you can make any build you want with the least amount of starting stats. You can have good weapons after you finish that first boss. You just need to figure out what build you want and what weapon type and you're set
    1 thing I should mention if you decide on a mage type build. There's a annoying but great hood you can only get online if you are summoned as a boss. When I get it, my toon is between sl 25 to 40. I think From should patch that hood for people with Demons cause it's the only item that is only available online.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 pm

I'd hardly say demon's is a cakewalk after dark souls. They both have different styles, methinks, that can take some getting used to.

Anyway, some general tips I'd give. Hopefully these arent ruining too much

Black phantoms are much tougher in this one. They wont just stand there while you backstab them and many of them have some little " special effect " with a weapon they use. So don't take them lightly.

There's an item burden in this game as well, so you can't just pick up everything you find along the way, so you should always give yourself some extra weight for any items you may find.

Don't rely on greatshields, they're just bad in this game. I mean, when looking at fully upgraded medium vs upgraded great, there's a miniscule difference in stability and with medium you still get to parry.
    And on the topic of shields, dont even rely on them for mobs. I swear, in Dark souls you could just grab a shield and block a mob of 10 and still come out with stamina leftover. Doesn't quite happen in demon's.

And finally, there are more upgrade paths, but they're by a " hidden " blacksmith. Not going to say where though :silent: Oh and its a bigger pain in the butt to upgrade
    gtsoldwolf
    gtsoldwolf
    Casual
    Casual

Post by gtsoldwolf Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Demons Souls has proven to be more challenging than Dark Souls, in my experience. There are many danger's to look out for that aren't in Dark Souls. Example? NPC black phantoms. Odds are you'll die much more quickly in this game than Dark Souls.

Don't try to rush into things without looking ahead. There are many enemies hidden behind walls, in large hay piles, ect. Prepare to be ambushed often. Never let your guard down unless you're at the Nexus.

Save boss souls! Don't waste them. You should know by now that boss souls make great weapons. I won't ruin what weapons they make. They can sometimes be uses to make special spells, or miracles.

I would suggest beating the game once, or twice before trying to tackle all the trophies. That way you'll be able to farm everything needed. If you are wanting to get platinum that is.

One last warning? If you come to a point that seems safe? With a straight shot towards the boss? Make sure to wait by a pile of charred corpses before continuing forward. Trust me, you'll know what I'm talking about when it happens.

Hate that bridge...
    Marionx
    Marionx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : Locked away in the Undead Asylum or wandering Lordran.

Post by Marionx Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Try to beat the tutorial boss. You'll be in for a pleasant surprise if you do.

Otherwise, I really hope you enjoy Demon's Souls. I've played this game before Dark Souls and I really like the boss designs and the atmosphere.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:56 pm

I just realized if I started to play Demon's again.....Banishment for the lolz cheers
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 am

I find Dark Souls significantly easier thanks to Estuts Flask.

On my first run through Demon's Souls I did the worlds in clockwise order, so I got Talisman from the vendor in 5-1 very late in the game. I was only on Grass until then and I had next to none. No Grass, constantly dying, so no souls to buy Grass and I mostly got Crescent and Half-Moon anyway, which suck.

I spend more than half of the game without means to heal my HP. It was hell.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:05 am

When I did my first run of Demon's, I immediately went to places I had heard of.
    Thus, I was a Royalty who got the Crescent Falchion 3 hours into the game (I was still learning, don't judge).
    That brought me through my first playthrough until I unlocked my Blueblood sword.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:24 am

Sentiel wrote:I find Dark Souls significantly easier thanks to Estuts Flask.

On my first run through Demon's Souls I did the worlds in clockwise order, so I got Talisman from the vendor in 5-1 very late in the game. I was only on Grass until then and I had next to none. No Grass, constantly dying, so no souls to buy Grass and I mostly got Crescent and Half-Moon anyway, which suck.

I spend more than half of the game without means to heal my HP. It was hell.
    I always used crescent, only used the others if I really needed them.
    I guess I find Demons easier than Dark because it only took me a week to solo the game and have a good build. Dark i'm still green after 3 months. Still messing up my builds, I find some mobs harder to read. I just found Demons easier.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:44 am