Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
wolfboy
Flankydizzle
Emergence
RANT
reim0027
Paragon
grossemesser
MEEfO
12 posters

Tomb of the Giants PvP

MEEfO
    MEEfO

Tomb of the Giants PvP Empty Tomb of the Giants PvP

Post by MEEfO Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56 pm

I've spent nearly all of the last 100 hours of DS invading and being invaded in the Tomb of the Giants. I've sincerely never had more fun in a video game in my entire life. The potential for pure fun in there is second-to-none. So many great places to hide and ambush, so many great environmental hazards to use to your advantage, so many great ways to lead or fool your pursuer(s) with carvings. It's mayhem I tell you. Mayhem!!
    Why aren't more people getting in on this action? Let's make TotG the new PvP mecha!
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Tomb of the Giants PvP Empty Re: Tomb of the Giants PvP

Post by grossemesser Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:12 pm

I Darkmoon down there from time to time. Lots of fun. I can't remember if it is still open on my DM file or not.
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:19 pm

Alright!, a fellow Blade. You are needed down there my friend. I can't be the only Blade punishing the wicked down there. There's just too much sin to go around! And that will not stand..
    Paragon
    Paragon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Paragon Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:22 pm

I go there when I need to trade. The spawn point makes it very easy to message the host and initiate trades. And if they refuse i just kill them, which is very easy to do because people typically quest in the Tomb and are ill equipped for PvP. The oolacile sorceries come in real handy down there if your a mage. Hidden body, chameleon, cast light. fantastic
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Dude I'm so jealous. Want to make a sorcery build just so I can f.uck with chameleon down there. It's the one thing missing from my current arsenal.
    BTW- really funny that you call it trading.

"Gimme your stuff or I'll kill you!"
    "What, officer?, we're trading here!"
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Been there. 40 host kills. Don't want to go back. I want to fight. I don't want the environment to kill the host. I want to do it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:00 pm

it's fun and I don't know if you know but there's already a lot of pvp there, mostly cause people need help there in higher sl's and of course trolls will go where there's high traffic.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Please don't circumvent the word filter. And yes, ToG is evil fun for all involved. Environmental pvp at its best.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 pm

I used to enjoy invading down there but after a while it was just gankers waiting to ambush me... It's meant to be me ambushing them sad
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm

But there're so many ways to deal with gankers down there too! Lead them on a merry chase, know the ins and outs of the path and circumvent and sneak up behind them.. and it's pretty easy to filter them to a location where you can take them on one at a time if you prefer (so many narrow passages and cliff faces). I can't get enough. Max level in Blades, and hit my limit of Souvenirs of Reprisals (don't know what to do with them now that I'm +3 Blade? but I'll never stop haha too many lolz
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

If I manage to get on tonight I'll see if the Tomb is still open to me and split some time between there and the Forest.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:34 pm

Maybe ill gravelord down there tonight.... Give papa nito some love...
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 am

grossemesser wrote:If I manage to get on tonight I'll see if the Tomb is still open to me and split some time between there and the Forest.

You can still invade down there as a Blade even if you killed the boss, correct me if I'm wrong. I know I'm still invading in several places whose bosses I've already slain.
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:46 pm

MEEfO wrote:
    grossemesser wrote:If I manage to get on tonight I'll see if the Tomb is still open to me and split some time between there and the Forest.

You can still invade down there as a Blade even if you killed the boss, correct me if I'm wrong. I know I'm still invading in several places whose bosses I've already slain.

You are of course right about that. I was running on 2 hrs. of sleep yesterday so not only was I sorely mistaken but I did not manage to play last night.

I tend to like to invade in ares where I can be invaded as well though so it has been awhile since I invaded in an area with a dead boss. Tomb of the Giants PvP 3149687655
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:02 pm

luvz2fight wrote:The oolacile sorceries come in real handy down there if your a mage. Hidden body, chameleon, cast light. fantastic
    ...hmmm... magic, interesting... I'll have to give it a try. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of sorcery, Luvz. I look forward to learning more sorcery from you in the future. Oh, btw... in my own world I like to use cast light at the first bonfire, then swap the spell out and go about my business with my normal setup and an illuminated path. I can make it from the bonfire to Vamos, fighting every enemy on the way before my light runs out. You can speed run to nito with ease and unless you're doing serious exploring you should be able to do a normal run to Leeroy.

I've hardly been down there at all for pvp and if I'm not on a faith build I speed run the entire area. I did have some fun with it, though, but as a darkmoon I usually try avoid making it tougher to invade than it already is. So, I tend to stick to the normal areas. But, I shall have to give it a proper trial, however. I anticipate having a ton of fun and LOLs until I get dead-angle WOGed off a cliff! I can't wait!
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Honestly I haven't had any trouble invading as a Blade down there. Pllenty of sin to go around at that stage in the game. For reference my Blade is in the 125 level range and it's not often I fail to invade during evening hours Eastern Time. And as someone above mentioned, for added lols if you haven't killed Nito, stay human to attract invaders in your own world. It's a blast juggling (read: trolling) invaders and punishing sinners down there. Good times Tomb of the Giants PvP 3207319737
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Wed May 01, 2013 1:30 am

I almost feel bad invading in TotG when the flickering bug is back.. But not bad enough haha

Hope they fix it soon, definitely fewer people playing online. You don't want to lose your online base for long they're distracted easily. Already seeing a lot of "Oh well guess I'll put skyrim back in" posted online..
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed May 01, 2013 1:33 am

**** move #5: hide behind patches as an invader
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 am

Well, after giving it a proper trial... I love it! I had DM covenant ring on most of the time there and I hardly got any dark AL invasions. I got plenty of TotG invasions, though. It's slowing down now, probably a bit quicker than some of the other hotspots. But, it's definitely a fun time and a good spot to collect ears. Of course, I went to check how many I had an I was already at 99 -- so good stuff.

BTW, since we have some darkmoons floating around... check out The Messengers of Velka!
    grossemesser
    grossemesser
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by grossemesser Wed May 01, 2013 3:02 am

Just finished a whirlwind tour of Lordran with my Darkmoon. Started off with the Tomb and ended in the Burg. Tomb was great got one right away. Sadly no epic fights just a lot of pokey doom for the guilty with my +15winged spear and DMB.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 am

Too easy, aside from ganks I win every invasion there and it kills the fun after a while when the opponent can do nothing but die.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed May 01, 2013 5:16 am

Its great if you are looking for a more spicy fight.
    Honor certainly have place down there (I've yet to see anybody bow. I still insist though).
    MEEfO
    MEEfO

Post by MEEfO Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Hugh_G_Johnson wrote:BTW, since we have some darkmoons floating around... check out The Messengers of Velka!

This is awesome. I've apparently been a Messenger of Velka in spirit for over a year now. I never bow to sinners, I show no mercy and engage in all sorts of trickery (never glitching or hacking) to punish, and I always--always--prostrate over my kill. And there have been oh so many who've fallen before my Blade.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am