Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Latitoast
Nybbles
EverlastingRat
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Animaaal
WaffleGuy
Maneater_Mildred
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
skarekrow13
User1
DaemonNacht
16 posters

Something very weird happened to me today.

DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Something very weird happened to me today. Empty Something very weird happened to me today.

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:46 pm

I was invading from the bonfire in Anor Londo where Solaire sits, and invaded somebody. It all went well, I was killing him, until the end where he just stood there and let me kill him.
    After I killed him, I got my souvenir of reprisal and was being sent back to my world, But when I got back I had a grey screen where I couldn't do anything.
    The little flame in the upper right corner was flickering, but it was nothing but greyness. Then I watch my health bar drop from full straight down being empty and about a minute after it was empty I heard my character death scream and died. I respawned back at the bonfire hollow, with my bloodstain nowhere to be found.

I'm just curious, Does anybody know what in the hell happened?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Something very weird happened to me today. Empty Re: Something very weird happened to me today.

Post by User1 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I don't even know how the hell that could ever happen.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Something very weird happened to me today. Empty Re: Something very weird happened to me today.

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:49 pm

Sounds like you fell off the map. Happened to me once before. I fell a long way before dying and it lost where I had last been at a bonfire. Luckily the game has a contingency. I thought my character was gonna be lost

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I don't even know how the hell that could ever happen.

It scared the hell out of me, I was worried my character got corrupted somehow.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:50 pm

Huh? I never heard of that happening before. Never in any invasion I seen that happen. I say either that guy was a hacker if he stood still and let you kill him or a freaky bug got you afterwards. In either case what did you lose if you can't find your bloodstain?
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:51 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Sounds like you fell off the map. Happened to be once before. I fell a long way before dying and it lost where I had last been at a bonfire. Luckily the game has a contingency. I thought my character was gonna be lost

I..Fell off the map? I was in the middle of a room, by a bonfire. I didn't see anything happening and the time between my health dropping to zero and my death was quite a bit. I..don't even know..
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:52 pm

The worst time I've ever had anything out of the ordinary is when I died in the Depths and my blood stain never showed up. Literally.
    DaemonNacht
    DaemonNacht
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DaemonNacht Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:53 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Huh? I never heard of that happening before. Never in any invasion I seen that happen. I say either that guy was a hacker if he stood still and let you kill him or a freaky bug got you afterwards. In either case what did you lose if you can't find your bloodstain?

I would have something new happen to me, my odd luck. sad
    I'm hoping a bug, because if a hacker can cause that to happen..it's a bit of a worry.

I didn't lose much, just 30 humanity and 600k souls. It's more the fact it happened I'm concerned about.

Dibsville wrote:The worst time I've ever had
    anything out of the ordinary is when I died in the Depths and my blood
    stain never showed up. Literally.

I may have had that once, fighting the BoC. Erg, glitches make me sad.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:59 pm

I had a ledge nearby (in Darkroot) but the same idea. I was on land, invaded, won the fight and when I got back to my world it was all gray and I was falling. I could toggle items, and the little flame was flickering like it was saving. I couldn't use items and I was worried if I quit it would just save the error. Luckily I died eventually. I spawned inside my cell in the asylum.

Best I can figure is that when the game put me back in the forest it got a coordinate wrong and placed me below the floor
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 pm

It's lag, I have fallen through the floor of the kiln before while invading a few times. That's why it looked like he was standing still at the end of the fight. It was either a big lag spike or he flipped a lag switch to try save the fight. Lag is OP!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:29 pm

So it seems like a rare lag glitch after invasions? Well 30 humanity is a loss but it can be recovered and souls I would worry about if you planned to use them.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm

I had something almost similar to it.

Last Sunday I was invading near the Sunlight Altar. The guy had a summon with him. I tried to get naked like always, but the phantom didn't trust me and started attacking while I was waving. I quickly killed him and walked up to the host. He ran a bit and pulled the plug 'lost connection to host'

After that my screen turned completly grey. I thought it might be a glitch, so after a few seconds I quit and press start again. My character was still there, but at the loadout screen, his face wouldn't appear and the location said 'Northern Undead Asylum'. I almost got a heart attack, it took me ages to get everything done with that low level character. Luckily the character was right at the Sunlight Altar when I started him up. I think I turned pale for a few seconds there at first. Look Skyward
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Sounds like you fell off the map. Happened to be once before. I fell a long way before dying and it lost where I had last been at a bonfire. Luckily the game has a contingency. I thought my character was gonna be lost

I would say this for sure. skarekrow13 should recieve your thanks.

sidenote:

I just realized a user's name can force you to start a sentence without using a capital letter in a grammatically correct way...huh. Shrug
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm

eh i've heard of glitches that have warped pvp opponent into the air or made someone being backstabbed fall through the floor, part of why backstabs and parries don't work on structures that move vertically, it results in map collision glitches if allowed.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed May 01, 2013 10:20 am

this happened something similar to me where i was crossing the bridge from the undead parish to sen's fortress and about 3/4 of the way on the bridge, my character falls through the damn bridge, and i didn't jump or roll, just running.

btw, one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me was that I layed down my WSS in the DkRoot Garden and then i got the message that I was being summoned. But when i came into the other player's world, I was a red phantom...we both just stood there for a minute as though he was also trying to figure out how the hell that happened. We ended up dueling. Also, I did not have any cracked red eye orbs(i had used them up already way before) or the RSS since this was my very first PT and still in the beginning of the game. Any thoughts?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed May 01, 2013 10:23 am

and now you know how all those rats feel when they fall through the fall floor.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 pm

hahhaha I remember thinking how many times i lost out on humanity because you could see it glowing immediately after killing them, but I wasn't fast enough Look Skyward
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 4:10 am

EverlastingRat wrote:this happened something similar to me where i was crossing the bridge from the undead parish to sen's fortress and about 3/4 of the way on the bridge, my character falls through the damn bridge, and i didn't jump or roll, just running.

btw, one of the weirdest things that ever happened to me was that I layed down my WSS in the DkRoot Garden and then i got the message that I was being summoned. But when i came into the other player's world, I was a red phantom...we both just stood there for a minute as though he was also trying to figure out how the hell that happened. We ended up dueling. Also, I did not have any cracked red eye orbs(i had used them up already way before) or the RSS since this was my very first PT and still in the beginning of the game. Any thoughts?
    One time I invaded a guy and was a White Phantom.

I ended up helping him kill Fatboy and Slim.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Sat May 04, 2013 7:20 am

@Latitioast

Interesting... So I haven't been the only one... but why would this happen?
    It was kinda fun of this unexpected invasion
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat May 04, 2013 7:48 am

I often fall off the floor if i slide down the ladder to the rats
    I have plenty of time to quit before i die, and respawn at the top
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 04, 2013 10:10 am

I've only fallen through the floor twice, although I see tons of enemies fall through the floor.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 04, 2013 11:59 am

One time I fell through the floor in the Butterfly part of Darkroot Garden.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 am

I've seen some strange things happen on the rotating stairs in Anor Londo. This one time, I saw a player i had invaded get shot off the top of the thing like he was a clown being fired out of a canon. It took a few minutes for him to die, I wonder where he ended up?
    NexusNeos

Post by NexusNeos Sat May 11, 2013 5:07 pm

I have had this happen to me quite often recently, it is possible that this "falling off the map" glitch is a side effect of the patch 1.05 resonance ring graphic glitch cause it had never happened to be until the light graphics went bad
    Domhnall of Zena
    Domhnall of Zena

Post by Domhnall of Zena Sat May 11, 2013 5:21 pm

I have fallen through the floor before! A truly harrowing experience! When I sit beneath the aqueduct that leads into Undead Burg, I see the bodies of rats phase through the ground all the time. So sad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:58 pm