Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
TheDarkPygmy
Serious_Much
samster628
TouchMyGrundel
PhlyingDutchman
Aevun
RANT
ICEFANG
Seignar
Slarg232
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
Animaaal
Johnthethird
18 posters

Pyromance should require a Stat

Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Pyromance should require a Stat - Page 4 Empty Re: Pyromance should require a Stat

Post by Elifia Thu May 23, 2013 6:17 pm

May I just point out that it's not a glove? It's a flame that you hold in your hand(s). And the larger the flame, the stronger your pyromancies.

Btw, I quoted Quelana earlier. If anyone knows pyromancy, it's her. If you fail to control your flame, it will destroy you. So the size of your flame is not the only thing that matters, you must also be able to control it. Vereor Ignis.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Pyromance should require a Stat - Page 4 Empty Re: Pyromance should require a Stat

Post by Animaaal Thu May 23, 2013 6:48 pm

^Size don't matter surprised .....I KNEW IT!!!!!! Joy
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 pm

You're right, Elifia . I personally like very much the lore behind it. A flame one cherishes for a lifetime, drawing upon the latent power of Quelana of Izalith, mother of pyromancy. I wonder from what context pyromancies will be justified in DKS2.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 pm

emraluces wrote:You're right, Elifia . I personally like very much the lore behind it. A flame one cherishes for a lifetime, drawing upon the latent power of Quelana of Izalith, mother of pyromancy. I wonder from what context pyromancies will be justified in DKS2.

Actually that's just the description of the ascended flame, because you need Quelana's help to ascend it that far. The description of the regular flame:
    "Flame medium used by Great Swamp pyromancers. Pyromancers arouse this flame to produce various fire arts. Equip pyromancer flame to produce pyromancy. Attune pyromancies from a scroll at bonfire. Most pyromancies have limited number of uses."

Pretty sure we don't need a new context to justify pyromancy. It's still the same world after all, so the Great Swamp still exists.
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Thu May 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Right on. I can't help myself, though. I'm a sucker for the lore and the atmosphere of the game. Depending on when DKS2 takes place, the pyromancies of old may no longer be in practice, where new spells may carry the day. Likewise, if sufficiently early on the Dark Souls timeline, ancient pyromancies may be available to us. This is speculation, of course. Though, I'd be very surprised if we don't see a slew of new pyromancies, or new aspects of the lore, the history of pyromancy. Similarly, depending on when and where we find ourselves in DKS2, miracles and sorceries will surely be presented in an equally appropriate light.

I seriously doubt From will merely showcase the same magics in the sequel. While some will return, I'm betting we'll see new representations of how they're all realized in the world based on when and where the story takes place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:55 am