Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

My The Last of Us DEMO review

Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

My The Last of Us DEMO review Empty My The Last of Us DEMO review

Post by Carphil Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Early DEMO access through God of War Ascension only

Game is by Naughty Dog

To start out, the graphics. Astonishing, as you can except from Uncharted series. I really enjoyed the far away views as well the close details. The rain effect its pretty well made, and something I noticed is that when you turn on the flashlight and aim to the water, it will reflect multiple light colors, that draw my atenttion. The game atmosphere is dark, but not very frightening, because 1- you have companions, and 2- whenever an enemy shows up, you have a cutscene (and a mini game)

AI: the characters move around and speak in a good manner, they include important plot details (like where to go and enemies classification) while you're walking instead of multiple cutscenes, which is good. But in the other hand, characters will often stop walking and wait for you to find out what to do next.

Movements: Very, VERY similar to uncharted. But with a few more details. I enjoyed the camera system, it gives you free comands to look around while walking to search for items, but its a bit complicated in combat.

Combat: There's a lot of combat variety, ways to deal with youe enemies. Something that is very appreciated by me. You have your best friend stealth, that allows you to kill your opponents quicly and without being noticed, or simply distract them and move on. When you're seen, things gets a bit tough. You can go straight and try to melee them, but its not very effective unless you have a crow bar or something. Its best to shoot at them, but ammo is difficult ro find, so what to do? Simply run, distract them and go back to stealth. This is something new that we didn't had in Uncharted. Enemies are zombies like we've seen in resident evil, but they are a bit more inteligent and will look for you. dealing with them one by one its the best. In my playthough, I ended up dying two times (normal mode) because they found me, but in the third time I managed to melee two enemies at once without using a single bullet, and I lost my crowbar in the last hit (very lucky), the "lock on" system its free and similar to Batman Arkham series, unlike Uncharted where once you start melee someone, you can finish him or run away, but not switch targets.

Overall, DEMO is short, but good. I can also speak about how interesting is to need to find loot in order to craft better melee weapons (find materials then craft them) and that while switching weapons or crafting things, the game is not paused. But you can pause at any time with Start button.

9/10

Post your opinions about this game.

Please happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

My The Last of Us DEMO review Empty Re: My The Last of Us DEMO review

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:32 pm

It looks great. I won't be playing the demo until it's released on the PSN, but I've watched a couple of videos and I'm really liking what I see. I'm yet to dislike anything I've played by Naughty Dog, save maybe the depth slowly disappearing from Uncharted, and this looks pretty typical of their work.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:36 pm

The Last of Us really looks promising with it's great combat and mechanics. I really hope they release it on ps4.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:29 pm