Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Jansports
goober0331
Saturday-Saint
Tolvo
reim0027
The_Red_Drifter
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
Animaaal
Soris Ice Goldwing
Ghadis_God
DigitaLinsanitY
Maneater_Mildred
Serious_Much
Lmaousine
19 posters

How to counter TWoP w/ Pursuers?

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

How to counter TWoP w/ Pursuers? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to counter TWoP w/ Pursuers?

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:22 pm

goober0331 wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:LOL. Too simple. It will work for new gankers, but the good ones will have CSS too. O will attack you when you do the Silver Pendant.

Not really.

Either CSS will be cast right as Pursuers tracks, or it will be cast as a reaction to the pendants use.

Then depending on the lag, you should be able to get a shield up in time to stop some damage from the CSS.

Silver Pendant doesnt have a long animation time, so it does boil down to what your opponent does.

But then again if their already casting TwoP and Pursuers then you shouldnt get your hopes up.

Sorry, I disagree completely. In game it doesn't work that way. It sounds good on paper, but I agree with reim 100%.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How to counter TWoP w/ Pursuers? - Page 2 Empty Re: How to counter TWoP w/ Pursuers?

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:50 pm

reim0027 wrote:If you are already caught in it, then put on a Crest shield and block. If not, then run away until the effect is worn off.

+1. By far the best method is to avoid getting caught in it, which is very doable unless of course they nail you with it on spawn (if 2 people spawn camp you and you get TWOP'd, you're dead, sorry). If you are caught blocking with crest is going to HURT but maybe you'll live. Otherwise you'd need something like GMB, GMS, or havel's greatshield or a stone shield to really tank pursuers w/o much damage.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:09 pm

I cast gmb and engage dead angle force spam. Nothing they can really do about it, force will deflect arrows and stop r1 spam, gmb shuts down the magic., the spinning stops bs attempts. If I'm using a heavy weapon I can turn it around by stunlocking them off the force stun.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Force can be roll BS'd pretty easily if you're spamming it, even if you dead angle. Also there's always STR/INT builds.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Only if they get the timing right.

I spam, I don't spam like an idiot. Offset timings (use 1 or 2 straight, spin with the 3rd, pause to let them try to roll bs the 4th and hit them exiting the roll, ect.), and as I said if I have a stunlock capable weapon or something really fast like a kat I can then land blows off of the stun and/or swing unlocked to continually defeat bs attempts.

It takes some finess and prediction, but its not complicated to do so long as you can keep the timing strange.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:26 pm

You can also just offset them by spell cancelling randomly then instantly forcing after.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:38 pm

I win most of my encounters with twop, the people who use it tend to be of suspect quality and fail to adapt to my offensive take on countering it.

The people to worry about are the ones who twop me, then run up and parry (which I hate, it works more often on me than it should) or use the twop time to rebuff (the stone gs twop will let them reuse a self buff too, so they can adapt to your build if their first buff was ineffective.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:56 am