Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
IV_Mark_VI
reim0027
Tolvo
Cronotis
Soris Ice Goldwing
Encore
LunarFog
Odinbear
Serious_Much
GrinTwist
TheMeInTeam
swordiris
wretchedsausage
Conrack
Dibsville
Azrial
20 posters

What is cheating ?

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What is cheating ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is cheating ?

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Cheaters will be locked out of the Playstation Network as it violates their terms of sale when you purchase a PS2/3/4. Obviously buy purchasing a console you agree to their terms of service and are thus illegally using their console for your benefit.
    Gotta love contract law!

Does Sony actually do anything about it? I know for a fact microsoft doesn't on xbox. There are ~30 people on Madden who functionally advertise that they are IP booters and still have their accounts, and they will ignore massed cheating reports based on a video where a person admitted they were hacking outright. It's a rather foul joke. I hope for Ps3 community's sake that Sony actually does something about it, at all, ever.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Other than modding or expxloiiting some in game glitch that nobody knows about or gives you an unfair advantage I dont think theres anyway to cheat
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:@Reim: yup What is cheating ? - Page 3 4203215067
    Cheaters will be locked out of the Playstation Network as it violates their terms of sale when you purchase a PS2/3/4. Obviously buy purchasing a console you agree to their terms of service and are thus illegally using their console for your benefit.
    Gotta love contract law!

I will accept all praise and recognition for your reporting efforts What is cheating ? - Page 3 3679643796
    I don't think thats true or they'd be required to tell you so before you bought the console, at least last I checked, and I don't remember being told so.

What is definitely true is that playing online would be subject to those terms of service, and thus violating them is grounds for a ban, so its pretty much the same in terms of dealing with cheating/harassment.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:25 pm

There are definitely terms of service when signing up to an online account. I could stand corrected about purchasing the console.
    In terms of being locked out - yes, if you have a look over some of the FAQs and their forum topics there are users who have been locked out before.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:12 am