Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
tonberryking01
tofucactaur
ICEFANG
Lmaousine
8 posters

Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level?

Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level? Empty Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level?

Post by Lmaousine Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:08 pm

Does the pyro flame level affect how Power Within drains my health?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level? Empty Re: Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level?

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:11 pm

Yes, the higher the upgrade the more damage it does to you, with no damage to others benefit (its always better to use an unupgraded flame rather than a fully upgraded one.)

The percent of your life that is drained is magadjust/100, for 100 seconds, so an unupgraded flame (magadjust 100) will do 1% of your lifebar for 100 seconds, which will kill you perfectly. A fully upgraded one will do 2.3% of your health for 100 seconds, and lingering dragoncrest ring adds 50% to time, but not to damage, so instead of it doing 100% damage over 100 seconds (unupgraded), it does 100% damage over 150 seconds.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level? Empty Re: Is power within affected by pyromancy flame level?

Post by tofucactaur Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:24 pm

i thought they patched this so it was not so?
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Yeah, I heard they patched it so it always does the same damage. So, does the level of the flame not affect PW at all anymore?
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:31 pm

I'm certain that they patched it so the damage is constant regardless of magic adjustment. So to answer the question, No, I don't believe it does.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Sorry I haven't used pyro since 1.03, I thought it was patched in 1.06 and then removed again. I'm not sure.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Its patched, spent ages trying to get a 2nd Pyro glove to find there was no difference.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:04 pm

Any level flame will drain 1% of your health every second, unless you have the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring, then it extends the buff and only drains 99% in the end.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:42 am

The most important takeaway here is when making builds: because there is no difference between random pyro glove and ascended glove +5 for the following:

• Power Within
    • Iron Flesh
    • Flash Sweat
    • Poison Mist
    • Toxic Mist
    • Acid Mist

If you're building and only using such spells it makes no sense to level the glove at all, which is good because it costs a TON of souls and can be somewhat time consuming to level up legit.

Most builds, even legit builds with no glitching/mule, will do well to push attunement to 10 to run power within if they aren't using magic in some other way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:21 pm