Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
passivefamiliar
Slarg232
SlothAlmighty
Seignar
Encore
Phoenix Rising
Sargerus
11 posters

New Info from Gamefaqs

Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

New Info from Gamefaqs Empty New Info from Gamefaqs

Post by Sargerus Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Think this deserves its own thread, a poster from gamefaqs played the demo on E3 and posted his impressions

-The gameplay demo had a sorceror run through the previous level we've seen but he made those turtle knights break a wall to create a secret room with a bonfire that let him warp.

-The smoke covering the bonfire seen in new trailer is warping animation

-The Mirror Knight is a very tough boss who can deflect magic with the shield and can summon help. PR guy said it was just AI for the demo which must mean it's meant to be other players ala Old Monk. Seems it can summon multiple players if you dillydally long enough.
    He summons a player really quickly. Like 5 seconds from start to finish. (has to be fast since he's vulnerable while doing it)

-.Your character and the enemies seem slightly larger than in DkS

-Jump has been moved to L3(PS3)

-The BS animation was a bunch of slashes and you supposedly do not have as much invincibility while you are in the animation.

-Sliding down ladders is now a jump down but you suffer damage. You can both jump down from ladders and slide down

-Much more colorful than the trailers

-Magic shown was pretty much the same but one spell had arrows rain down from above

-3 weapons per hand was confirmed

-This character had some different herbs, Amber and Twilight. These could be used while in green blossom buff and they didn't seem to do anything.

-Some dual wielding info. Pressing triangle puts you in a new stance where your left hand weapon is raised. From there you can do L1 L1 L2 combos. 

-For magic, L2 does slower but more powerful version of the spell

-Dark magic is present, the spell caster enemy before the mirror knight used something very similar to Dark Orb.

-When a Halberd character did a backstab, it like lifted up the mob and slammed it down into the ground. Looks like a lot more variety with the backstabs this time.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/66425785
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

New Info from Gamefaqs Empty Re: New Info from Gamefaqs

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Nice Info! So can we assume there will be a Mirror Knight ring that functions similar to Cat ring? bounce
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:28 pm

I soooo would love more variety in BS.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 pm

---"-Sliding down ladders is now a jump down but you suffer damage. You can both jump down from ladders and slide down"---

I don't get this part. Those this mean that holding the O button now causes us to slide and tapping it causes us to drop? The first statement says you can no longer slide while the second one says you can. Which is it!?

---"Jump has been moved to L3(PS3)"---

Good move. Dodging is important while Jumping isn't. They use similar buttons yet are vastly difference in purpose. Also, pressing the analog really is easier than having to rapid tap the O button. Excellent decision.

---"Some dual wielding info. Pressing triangle puts you in a new stance where your left hand weapon is raised. From there you can do L1 L1 L2 combos."---

So I assume this is tapping the triangle or is this the power stance? So far it doesn't sound like this is the power stance judging by your description. I wish this could have been a more detailed, but this either sounds like you switch your dominant hand or you allow equal usage of both weapons; the interview had them mention that power stance "made your moves more powerful". This could be an unmentioned feature.

---"For magic, L2 does slower but more powerful version of the spell"---

By "more powerful" does it mean that the damage alone is affected or are the properties of the spell affected too?

...Also, it was mentioned that servers would be worldwide, a key point.
    It was also mentioned getting attacked by Black Phantoms on their rush to the boss. No further explanation.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 pm

You mean there won't be region locking??? Sweet!
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:42 pm

I don't get this part. Those this mean that holding the O button now causes us to slide and tapping it causes us to drop? The first statement says you can no longer slide while the second one says you can. Which is it!?
    I think it means that holding the O button now makes you jump off instead of sliding, sliding now has another button prompt
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm

I've clarified a  few things. Indeed, dropping down and sliding down ladders are both passible, but the controls aren't mentioned. 

Dodging/Parrying are harder to pull off. The poster says that there are less I-frames in rolls.
    There was a statement that said that you could cast miracles with shields. This was done after a comment about the fact he was unable to parry with his shield for some unknown reason (on a different character).

The demo had a not-so-tight button input and lock-on.
    SlothAlmighty
    SlothAlmighty
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SlothAlmighty Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:41 pm

God I hate it when they map moves to the analog buttons.  I'm a heavy handed user so it always screws me up.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:31 am

Mirror Knight PVP? That's awesome.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:10 am

its so hard not to read these things. i want this so bad more and more.

backstab variety animations...sweet. but im still hoping the pvp aspect of backstabs is fixed, i hate losing fights because of backstabs. wont get into that debate, wont derail topic. just had to touch it.

the magic attacks having normal and strong moves is curious. will it consume more "uses" or something of the like. maybe even need a certain magic level before you can hold a spell charged up? all interesting thoughts.

3 weapons per hand, i dont like. i know most people menu swap anyway, even early game menu swapping is a key trick to learn. but the 3 weapons per hand bothers me, not 100% sure why i just dont like it. its unreal enough i can pull a halberd and 2 shields as well as a axe out of thin air now i can add 2 more to themix...hmmm. that and depening HOW you switch to each weapon it could get annoying. i might just carry 2 and call it done.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:45 am

Finally some flexibility with spells.

Instead of a ring. I think they will go with Old Monk style, meaning the Mirror Knight will forcibly summon any players trying to engage in online in the area.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Sentiel wrote:Finally some flexibility with spells.

Instead of a ring. I think they will go with Old Monk style, meaning the Mirror Knight will forcibly summon any players trying to engage in online in the area.

^ This ORR it summons the most recent player to have fallen to him thus being trapped in his mirror ;O
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:47 pm

mr_no_face wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:Finally some flexibility with spells.

^ This ORR it summons the most recent player to have fallen to him thus being trapped in his mirror ;O
    That sounds like a nice idea, although I think it would be hard to implement.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:22 pm

who knows lol
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:24 pm

"-Your character and the enemies seem slightly larger than in DkS"

Hmm, I don't see how or why this is really a big thing, but whatever. As long as everything's proportionate, it doesn't really matter for much to me.

"-Jump has been moved to L3(PS3)"

Meh, the original setup was fine with me, but I'll have to wait and see how it plays.

"-The BS animation was a bunch of slashes and you supposedly do not have as much invincibility while you are in the animation."

I'm sure it goes without saying, but I see different weapons having different backstab animations. Like others have said, it looks like there's just more variety.

"-3 weapons per hand was confirmed"

I like this, to be honest. I also like that (unless it's been changed), the items not in your hands don't  count toward your equip load.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:05 pm

This looks absolutely great.

From this speculation, it looks as though the Mirror Knight is almost like a mixture between old monk and four kings ;D
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Seignar wrote:I've clarified a  few things. Indeed, dropping down and sliding down ladders are both passible, but the controls aren't mentioned. 

Dodging/Parrying are harder to pull off. The poster says that there are less I-frames in rolls.
    There was a statement that said that you could cast miracles with shields. This was done after a comment about the fact he was unable to parry with his shield for some unknown reason (on a different character).

The demo had a not-so-tight button input and lock-on.

This is good. It will help to balance out the classes and make strength-style builds more viable. Greatshields will have a purpose, as blocking will become as prominent as rolling is in DkS, as well as it being harder to parry(something greatshields are incapable of). The fact that it is harder to dodge and parry will also increase the chances of a strength build to hit in PvP especially.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:41 am