Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
Soris Ice Goldwing
ADirtySlate
Phoenix Rising
SirArchmage
Saturday-Saint
divinebeanpole
Emergence
jaythibodeau
DemonOfFate
User1
Bowdownbe4me
17 posters

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs Empty XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Hey everyone! As you may or may not know, I'm new here. But I'm a long time contributor on the DkS Gamefaqs board, and I figured that it was time that I help each community get to know each other better. So here I am!

Tonight I will be hosting a Cross-Community Fight Club starting at 8pm EST in the Moonlight Butterfly Forest. Place your signs in the puddle before the first stone giant.

This means that both the Wiki folks and the GameFaqs folks will be there. There will be no rivalry. This is more of a friendly meet-up.

Here's the thing: the folks here tend to play with the "play-for-fun" style to a far greater extreme than even the most "play-for-fun" types on the GFaqs board. From what I've seen over the past night, you guys are used to having a bunch of "rules" which you follow, such as "no bs's," "no aoe," etc. The thing is, the GFaqs folks *don't* play like that, and depending on the person you're facing you may run into any number of things that you consider "cheap."

On a personal note (displaying my GFaqs pvp mentality), any of these things that may be thrown at you will have counters if you're willing to learn them. If there were an "end-all be-all" unbeatable tactic in dark souls pvp then we would have seen it by now.

That said, I certainly am overstating this warning if not entirely for the sake of avoiding salt between these communities. The GFaqs folks are very friendly, and I can assure you that there will be no bad blood between you, no matter what you do.

So that brings me to this:

Process:
    -Bow
    -Allow buffs
    -Allow grass mid-fight when applicable

Rules:
    ~SL 125 (below is fine, please don't bring above)
    -No TWoP (it has it's counters as well, but the learning curve on them is impractical to expect from FC folks)
    -No chain bs (yes, even this has an easy counter, but chain bs's have the tendency of invoking salt, so they're banned)
    -Other than that, no rules

Oh, actually, one more rule: NO SALT. If you didn't enjoy your fight, please don't send your opponent a negative message. That does little to help our communities grow together.

Last edited by Bowdownbe4me on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs Empty Re: XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Too late for me. sad
    I would have come if I could though.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs Empty Re: XBOX Cross Community Fight Club ~ Wiki + GameFaqs

Post by DemonOfFate Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:08 pm

SL 120? or SL 100? I'll show up, though i'm not great at dark souls, i'm more of a slightly above average player, but i'm sure i can hold my own. Also, i've never seen a fightclub that states "No Aoe, No Backstab" i'm not sure where you got this, perhaps in the past but not now. We're pretty leaned back i like to think.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Sounds great! What SL range will it be at? I'm at the awkward in-between in skill level, where I'm better than average, but no where near amazing. silly

Also, do you need any hosts to help out with summoning? I could probably do that for a couple hours or so.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Welcome to the Wiki and forums! We have a great community here, thanks for setting this up. Bringing folks together is great for the at large community and I think you'll find a large majority of the fighters here are more open regarding rules than it may appear. Our Forum FC which is a 24/7 matchmake and our monthly big forum wide events all have minimal rules and dozens show up and things go off without a hitch and nearly no salt. I think both communities will enjoy palying together for sure!

I'll be keeping an eye out to make sure our community members represent us with authenticity. No flaming, no salt as is customary for this place!
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Ill probably show up
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:31 pm

DemonOfFate wrote: SL 120? or SL 100? I'll show up, though i'm not great at dark souls, i'm more of a slightly above average player, but i'm sure i can hold my own. Also, i've never seen a fightclub that states "No Aoe, No Backstab" i'm not sure where you got this, perhaps in the past but not now. We're pretty leaned back i like to think.
    I'm basing my perception of the community on a single night's FC, so I realize that's not exactly fair. (It was a no bs, no aoe FC last night).

Also, I just remembered that this forum is cross console. This event will be on the Xbox 360. I notice you have a PS3, but I hope you happen to have a 360 as well, as I'd love for you to join in!

And thank you for pointing out that I didn't specify SL. SL should be roughly 125. Anything under is fine, but I'd prefer people don't go much higher.
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Lol, didn't even notice it was an Xbox event, well i hope everyone has a good time.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Ah rats, I'm PS3 only. I would have loved to stop by with my Strength Cosplays and get murdered to death.

Well in any case, good luck and I hope you guys have some fun.

divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:41 pm

I will most likely be there
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Since when does GFaqs play without banning chain BS.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:08 pm

I can probably be there at the time. Odd place for a PvP event, but oh well. Better specify to people to kill every enemy first so that a duel isn't suddenly ended by a surprise tree hug.
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Xbox huh? No chance of this possibly being also on PS3...? Shrug
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:14 pm

My wife and I will be there too. Yes, you heard that right. She has got the PvP bug too. silly
    ADirtySlate
    ADirtySlate
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ADirtySlate Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:17 pm

I'll be there. Judging by my experience last night, I'll need a bit of practice. What time does this run up until?
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Saturday-Saint wrote:Since when does GFaqs play without banning chain BS.
    Thanks for the reminder. That usually goes without saying, but at the same time it's better to put it to words. This is a friendly get-together after all. Not a cutthroat competition.

-And as I've been dabbling in the most tryhard tactics lately, it turns out that chain-bs's are easily countered by either: 1. standing still when you are recovering from being knocked down, or 2. rolling directly at your opponent. (Just a tip).

ADirtySlate wrote:I'll be there. Judging by my experience last night,
    I'll need a bit of practice. What time does this run up until?
    The FC will run until it dies down. No time limit.
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm

How about starting at 4 pm EST I will host in the moonpit as well, any takers shoot me a XBL message or post on here. I will be in and outside of the forest gates finishing up one of my builds
    divinebeanpole
    divinebeanpole
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by divinebeanpole Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:34 pm

Bowdownbe4me wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:Since when does GFaqs play without banning chain BS.
    Thanks for the reminder. That usually goes without saying, but at the same time it's better to put it to words. This is a friendly get-together after all. Not a cutthroat competition.

-And as I've been dabbling in the most tryhard tactics lately, it turns out that chain-bs's are easily countered by either: 1. standing still when you are recovering from being knocked down, or 2. rolling directly at your opponent. (Just a tip).

ADirtySlate wrote:I'll be there. Judging by my experience last night,
    I'll need a bit of practice. What time does this run up until?
    The FC will run until it dies down. No time limit.
    I never chain bs, but are wake up attacks after getting up from a bs considered try-hard? Like a combustion or wog or something
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Yesterday was really fun so I'll show up here too.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:46 pm

How should we communicate? Should we just wordlessly summon people to fight all night, use the forum before hand, chat invites, chatroom thing....? Just curious.

Also, just recruited about three people that will take part. They aren't part of the forums, but they might be prompted to join after this.
    Bowdownbe4me
    Bowdownbe4me
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Bowdownbe4me Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:53 pm

SirArchmage wrote:How should we communicate? Should we just wordlessly summon people to fight all night, use the forum before hand, chat invites, chatroom thing....? Just curious.

Also, just recruited about three people that will take part. They aren't part of the forums, but they might be prompted to join after this.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. There will only be a few designated hosts (1-2, maybe 3) including myself.

*PLEASE: do not grab people's signs!* Put your sign down and wait to be summoned (you can also invade, if you'd like. But remember that you are risking invading worlds which are not designated hosts).

If people start grabbing others' signs then 1. it'll be harder for the designated hosts to find signs, and will leave multiple people "hanging," and 2. There is no way for the rules to be enforced without a host to watch over it.

P.S. I will be recording tonight's event and posting it on YouTube!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Hey, Archmage, we have a chatango for this website, you could ask for that.
    xRamenatorx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xRamenatorx Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Where do we place signs?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Hey, Archmage, we have a chatango for this website, you could ask for that.
    I just joined, so I sadly knew nothing about it. I have been a member of Chatango for 6 years, so I at least know a bit about that. You or Bowdown could get the chatango thing going and I could see if I can get more people to join, unless you all don't want dozens of signs littering the place.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:17 pm

xRamenatorx wrote:Where do we place signs?
    Puddle in front of the first Stone knight in Darkroot Garden, I believe. The place with the Moonlight Butterfly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:04 am