Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Dj-B-Man-Jr
zzCLR2Rzz
Whknight
Soltaire's Child
reim0027
callipygias
Wade_Wilson
DxV04
DanielCdable
13 posters

The Little Things

DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

The Little Things Empty The Little Things

Post by DanielCdable Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Dark Souls is an epic game, and i've yet to become bored of it. Everytime i begin a new playthrough, there is always something new that i notice, or just something i realized was there the whole time. Whether it's the detail on the armor, weapons and shields etc or the design of buildings and the satisfying backstabs, parry and riposte animations - not to mention the lore. it is simply beautiful and fascinating. I could go on for a long time haha.

The little things.

So i'm wondering what little thing(s) about Dark Souls you guys find fascinating?

Mine is when you do a riposte or backstab to an enemy, and they fall down and squirm as they get their soul sucked out, and go limp. hahahaaa twisted
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

The Little Things Empty Re: The Little Things

Post by DxV04 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:40 pm

that never gets old!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 pm

I only noticed yesterday that Leeroy is unable to weild his greathammer with one hand. 5 months in, and i've only just realised that now, after summoning him in over 50 playthroughs.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:45 pm

The views. When I'm not in the bloodlust KILL KILL KILL mode I like to stop and see what I can see now and then, and there's almost always something cool or surprising. Occasionally a little revelation, too. An amazing level of detail went into this game.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:46 pm

The parries and backstabs are a great feeling. But, I love the community. If I want help with a certain area, there are usually people there to help. Some people have specific builds just to help with certain levels.

Plus, generally, the PvP community is great, even randoms (save for a few spots).

I probably wouldn't play this game if there wasn't an online component.
    Soltaire's Child
    Soltaire's Child

Post by Soltaire's Child Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:54 pm

the gestures for me are dah best haha i love lots of gestures in coop
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:07 pm

That some enemies actually have scripted events, like before the patch one of the three soliders with swords would always run to the gate level and lock the shortcut down and just stand there as an insult.

I like how the solider with a sword who is just under the three bomb throwers will sometimes make a dash for the ladder next to the bonfire and hang at the top to keep you from going up. Was quite a what the heck moment for me when I tried to rest and couldn't find any enemies around.
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:35 pm

when you parry someone while wielding a greataxe and you use your left hand to place the unfortunate enemies head at just the right level..
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah, that ^ is pretty awesome. I also love the hornet ring's draw out after a riposte with the long, skinny blade of an estoc. VERY badass.
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:16 pm

Hornet ring BS with any great weapon, bashing their face in 3 times is so awesome that always makes me cringe, but an awesome cringe tongue
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:21 pm

last nite when PSN was down, i summoned Witch Beatrice to "help" with the 4 Kings for the first time. i usually dash from Firelink straight to the fog gate and never even saw where they hid her summon sign. i've heard she wasn't much help, but the first time i couldn't even get the idiot to follow me down the stairs cuz she kept getting hung up on a ghost out of her range. i had to black crystal her out and homeward bone.

second time she fell off the stairs and died. third time i cleaned out every enemy so she wouldn't get distracted, FINALLY got her down to the Abyss and she got off one soul mass before getting killed.

anyways, as far as "the little things" when you get her gear in the Valley of the Drakes, the item description mentions something like "she got her butt kicked in the abyss"

so basically, From purposely gave us a useless NPC for the hardest boss in the game, just because they thought it would be funny.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:47 pm

exandroide wrote:last nite when PSN was down, i summoned Witch Beatrice to "help" with the 4 Kings for the first time. i usually dash from Firelink straight to the fog gate and never even saw where they hid her summon sign. i've heard she wasn't much help, but the first time i couldn't even get the idiot to follow me down the stairs cuz she kept getting hung up on a ghost out of her range. i had to black crystal her out and homeward bone.

second time she fell off the stairs and died. third time i cleaned out every enemy so she wouldn't get distracted, FINALLY got her down to the Abyss and she got off one soul mass before getting killed.

anyways, as far as "the little things" when you get her gear in the Valley of the Drakes, the item description mentions something like "she got her butt kicked in the abyss"

so basically, From purposely gave us a useless NPC for the hardest boss in the game, just because they thought it would be funny.

It's funny how useless she is in that fight, yet her only other appearance has her basically soloing the Moonlight Butterfly lol.

For me, it's the weirdest of small details, but I'll sum it up as atmosphere. I go into the Painted World and wonder who hung those hollows' corpses from the ropes. I wonder why Sen had small statues of Silver Knights haphazardly stored in his fortress. I go down to New Londo and imagine it as an actual thriving civilization. I look at Gwyndolin's room in Anor Londo and wonder if he actually sleeps there. I look at the Everlasting Dragon and feel sorry for how lonely and scared it must feel. I laugh alongside Seigmeyer for being the only person who is in Lordran just for the thrill of adventure. I carefully avoid rolling through Yulia, and I always buy something from each merchant whenever I talk to them so as not to make them give a disappointed response. No world has ever drawn me in like Lordran (though Boletaria comes close).
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Reaperfan wrote:I always buy something from each merchant whenever I talk to them so as not to make them give a disappointed response.

me too, except Vamos. that guy's a d!ck.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:40 pm

It's the crazy, little things that I love. Like the Undead Merchant and his Yulia or the way some of the weapons are so oversized like the Dragon Slayer Bow and Smough's hammer and the way the skellies screw their heads back on when they get up. Then there's Frampt, every dentist's nightmare, priceless.
    exandroide
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exandroide Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:05 pm

SlakeMoth wrote:Then there's Frampt, every dentist's nightmare, priceless.

when he's hanging upside down in Firelink Altar? adorable. tongue
    Spram

Post by Spram Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:12 pm

At the bottom of the room with the blue squid-snake people in the Duke's Archives, if you look at the place where the giant gramophone is, you can notice that the parapet is missing a few of the top white bricks. For some reason I decided to investigate and see if the artists/level designers placed those white bricks on the floor below, like if they had fallen and guess what? It was there, right below the place where it should have been. In fact, all the missing white bricks are somewhere else, like if they had come loose and fallen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:47 am