Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Elite Knight
reim0027
MosquitoPower
BartholomewWenceslas
TheColdestHeart
Jester's Tears
Hue
twigsterxd
Mr. Tart
GrinTwist
jaythibodeau
LunarFog
shadowzninjaz
Dibsville
KrazykevS10
Encore
hey its andres
Latitoast
Hart
23 posters

Gaming Habits

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Gaming Habits - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaming Habits

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Red Rosie wrote:Game choices

- Always take forever perfecting the characters looks

- Always find a way to break the game (Glitches in skyrim etc)

Game environment

- Door shut

- Have wiki chat, forums, youtube and google open always
    Those are some things I do as well. Didn't even think about that. 

I always pick a stealthy character the first time if I can, and it's always male. I also always spend hours, if not days, working on customization. Hell, just picking a name usually takes me more than 5 hours.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I often choose Hax as a name, and just keep clicking random until i find something i like
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:51 pm

I have a few gaming habits.

In every game I start my first playthrough on normal, play for a few minutes to see the difficulty, and turn it up if I can see it won't be too challenging that it would be impossible, and hope that there is no sudden and unexpected difficulty jump. Turn brightness halfway between max and recommended. Put subtitles on. Make dialogue a bit louder then backround noise and change backround music volume depending on how good it is. 

With RPGs, I have a very weird thing I do. I have a certain set of characters that are in every game I play and I integrate them and their story into the game. I have a character named Mary that I play that is a tank that uses magic, and is neutral for the most part. She is in Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dragon Age, Oblivion, and Fallout New Vegas. I have an anti-hero sniper that loves to use stealth in Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Borderlands 2. There are about a dozen of these characters that I have with all of them being very different and some of them having stories that connect with each other. I will also act in the game according to how they would act, despite if I know that it is not a good idea. Like I have a bi-sexual rogue that duel-wields swords named Alvaro, and he loves to spend money on random useless stuff. So he can hardly afford anything. Mary is silent to most everyone she meets, so she never has very much speechcraft, charisma, or anything like that in any game she is in. And saying this, I spend very much time doing character creation and getting their faces to look similar to how they look in every other game. I also get very absorbed in the game, and in every game I play if someone watches me I will do things simply out of spite at an enemy, and will fervently insult an enemy I do not like, saying insults and witty comments about the scenario I am in. A great example of how much I get absorbed into the game is how when I played Bioshock Infinity, I beat it in one session without stopping, and thus was very absorbed in it. So during playing, I found a pair of pants as my first gear in it. But then the next one was pants as well. And then the next one. I had three pairs of pants and no other armor, so took off my shirt and shoes and refused to put them on until I found a shirt or shoes in the game. It took me over 4 hours until I got to wear a shirt.

With FPS's, I always choose a rifle or carbine, and a shotgun. I enjoy having force to my shots, so the versatility of having a rifle and a shotgun means that I can snipe with efficiency as well as be great in close range. And if I can have four weapons instead of only two, I will keep a revolver and sniper rifle on me as well. Long range sniper, mid-long range rifle, mid-close range revolver, and close range shotgun. I hate how in most every game the SMGs, assault rifles, and LMGs feel like bullet hoses where I point in the general direction of the enemy and shoot dozens of bullets until they die. However, if I am playing online against other people I will choose to simply have an SMG. I have very good twitch reactions and good aim so it combines well with an SMG. Plus in online games I usually do not have the time to switch to a different weapon, nor the option to do so. I also play very objectively, preferring to go in and do the objective rather then just kill everyone. Sad to say that FPS games are the games that I am best at, by far. Other games do not even come close. RPG games are my favorite, but FPS games are my best.

I also play aggressively on every game that I play. Doesn't matter what it is, whether FPS, RPG, or anything else, I am the one at the front of the battle and leading the charge. I hate defensive. Not only that, I am terrible at it. My main skill of twitch reaction relies on my adrenaline rush so that I react to things faster. Playing defensively, I do not have that, and I make mistakes very often. I also do not like the enemy having the first move. Always do the first move unless it is absolutely necessary. I die much less often then one would think from this playstyle.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:11 pm

Not many rules for me:

Always warriors. Screw squishies mages, rogues, archers

Music only if there's no in game music, and its normally other games soundtracks

I try to play a class as much as I can, if I begin to lose too much, I switch to another class and continue

When I get stuck, google game wiki.

Thats it, lol
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Carphil wrote:Not many rules for me:

Music only if there's no in game music, and its normally other games soundtracks

I try to play a class as much as I can, if I begin to lose too much, I switch to another class and continue

Thats it, lol
    But.......I'm not squishy D:
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:51 pm

SirArchmage wrote:

Thats it, lol
    It's because you're the archmage
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:09 pm

Hue wrote:
    SirArchmage wrote:

Thats it, lol
    It's because you're the archmage

tanky mage, pro skillz
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:07 am

Got some dude to build a cabinet into the wall in my box room.

So TV to the right, laptop or PC to the left and on.

Usually start playing after a walk, find it clears the mind.

Move chair by the window, put ciggies(now lollipops) and drink by the window.

Depending on the game i might put on some music.

Gamewise
    Ginger hair check, dude check, name with something to do with horse check. I'd like to customise but ain't got the patience.

Skip intro's, again i've no patience.

Play the game and spend ages levelling up or getting good weapons before i advance anywhere. Pure Bladestone taught me some patience in farming and levelling up.

Really not big into lore on games, gimme a book and i'll analyse the crap out of it, a game i'll just play it and not really give 2 hoots about the story and usually skip the dialogue which had dire consequenses in DA:2.

Weird thing about me, i've got a real strong gaming conscience, i can't bring myself to kill NPC's and go Paragon or the equivalent 95% of the time. As for online no conscience whatsoever i am and always will be a total and utter **** in the BF series, god bless C4 and Dr Astro's tanks, "horse you ****" being screamed down teamspeak is music to my ears.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:30 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:

So TV to the right, laptop or PC to the left and on.

Usually start playing after a walk, find it clears the mind.

Ha i walk around or do something like get gaming snacks(gotta have my dp)
    I also play with my laptop on my right side n tv in middle since it's closer 2 have my laptop on the right and i love 2 chat and play XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 4:05 pm