Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Forum Pirate
Laveidem
reim0027
shadowzninjaz
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dibsville
ResIsBestStat
Lmaousine
13 posters

How good is the Demon Great Machete?

Lmaousine
    Lmaousine
    Addicted
    Addicted

How good is the Demon Great Machete? Empty How good is the Demon Great Machete?

Post by Lmaousine Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm making a new build that uses this weapon, but how good is it in PvP?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How good is the Demon Great Machete? Empty Re: How good is the Demon Great Machete?

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Very, VERY good if you are using a strength build and plan on buffing it. But it's already so powerful without buff.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

How good is the Demon Great Machete? Empty Re: How good is the Demon Great Machete?

Post by Dibsville Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Only good if you know how to use it.

It's extremely powerful, but also one of the easiest weapons in the game to parry.

You'll have to pick and choose when the right time to attack is, because even with Ring of Favor and Protection and 40 Endurance you can only attack four times before you drain your stamina bar, and only 3 times without the ring.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Too easy a weapon to parry but a force to reckon with in the hands of a creative and skilled players who use it.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:09 pm

It's a very stronk weapon that needs practice using 2 be able 2 use it decently
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Good weapon. Extremely heavy, so unless you are at a high level, you'll sacrifice poise to use it. Also, since it is so easy to parry, you'll have to practice dead angles.
    Laveidem
    Laveidem

Post by Laveidem Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Try not to use too many R2 attacks, that slow windup can leave you with 17 stabs wounds in the back.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Not as good as the zweih, sadly. Its a lot tougher to dead angle with and it doesn't stunlock, and its r2s are useless, still in clever hands its great.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:28 am

best UGS in terms of sheer power via one stat (the zwei gets close to it in power on a 40/40 build but...) sadly its r2 is practically unusable and it weighs 18 units, honestly i'd say make a sl 55 tank build for it: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=494258088309470486
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:12 am

What level are you looking at? Demon great machete is a lot of fun. It may not be the best strength weapon out there for PvP, but it's definitely fun and does a ton of damage.

Here's an SL125 build, armor picked out for a female char: http://mmdks.com/3068

SL100 without the buffs: http://mmdks.com/3069
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:08 am

I believe the only thing about this weapon that makes you cry is how heavy the danm thing is! Otherwise, its overall a great weapon.

Damage is similar to most demons weapons, at 50 str and sl120, my results are 550 for one hand and 650 for two handed (maximum)

try it out with many build styles, light rolling, very tanky and heavy, or even ninja flipping! You might find the perfect build for you

good luck!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:10 am

Carphil wrote:I believe the only thing about this weapon that makes you cry is how heavy the danm thing is! Otherwise, its overall a great weapon.
    I think you mean Smough's Hammer.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:14 am

Dibsville wrote:
    Carphil wrote:I believe the only thing about this weapon that makes you cry is how heavy the danm thing is! Otherwise, its overall a great weapon.
    I think you mean Smough's Hammer.

Smough hammer is heavy and NO fun! at least for a half blind man like me, I can't see anything on the screen with that thing!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:39 pm

Pirate hit the nail on the head. You could always buff it with crystal magic and throw the hornet ring on and BS fish with it. I run into people with that setup all the time. Granted, that's a very boring playstyle and is essentially looked down upon, that is one way you can do it. The roll r1 on it is just like the Zwei too which is one of my favorite moves with the Zwei. Other than that i don't like it. Too heavy and outclassed.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:46 pm

IMO go midroll or fatroll and dead angle with it.

It's one of the higher damage values per hit you can get on 27 str (no need to worry about dex scaling).  Its R2 is pretty bad but the sweeping attacks + poisebreak make it like a slightly harder to land but more damaging Zwei that isn't a quality weapon.

Edit:  It's probably best NOT on higher SL builds, because it's heavy and doesn't need a lot of stats to get near max scaling:

http://mmdks.com/31bf

Dump some faith and attunement if you want to go even lower.  However, with midroll + vow of silence and/or great magic barrier you basically force melee or bows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:36 am