Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Derpwraith
The 23 Freak
6 posters

Glitches - Is my game ruined?

The 23 Freak
    The 23 Freak

Glitches - Is my game ruined? Empty Glitches - Is my game ruined?

Post by The 23 Freak Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:42 pm

The other day, my game started glitching out where I could not pick up items of which I'm certain I don't have 99 or anything like that.  I've so far missed out on the Sanctum shield and Grant, the Lord's Blade set and Tracers, and the Cleansing Greatshield.  Then it got worse...  I try to change a ring, and it get a message saying "?Dialog?".  I do not mod or hack, if you're wondering.  Is my game ruined?  Would it just be the save file or maybe my Xbox?  Anyone encounter this before?
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Glitches - Is my game ruined? Empty Re: Glitches - Is my game ruined?

Post by Derpwraith Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:27 pm

The 23 Freak wrote:The other day, my game started glitching out where I could not pick up items of which I'm certain I don't have 99 or anything like that.  I've so far missed out on the Sanctum shield and Grant, the Lord's Blade set and Tracers, and the Cleansing Greatshield.  Then it got worse...  I try to change a ring, and it get a message saying "?Dialog?".  I do not mod or hack, if you're wondering.  Is my game ruined?  Would it just be the save file or maybe my Xbox?  Anyone encounter this before?
    This is why I prefer Playstation 3.

Who knows, did you encounter a hacker recently? I really don't know how far hackers can screw with other people because they are extremely rare on the Playstation 3. Your save may be screwed up, I don't think the system has anything to do with it. If anything, you should be glad you didn't get Demonhead. If you want to know what that is, look for the thread.
    The 23 Freak
    The 23 Freak

Post by The 23 Freak Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:51 pm

So I did some googling and read that sometimes dropping your items works as you may have picked up a modded item unknowingly.  So I did.  Dropped almost everything.  And it worked!  BUT...  along with everything else, I dropped the soul of Nito and Bed of Chaos and when I went to pick them back up, they weren't there!  Can I finish the playthrough without them?
    omgoff
    omgoff

Post by omgoff Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:19 pm

I don't think you can finish the playthrough without those souls, as they are mandatory to reach gwyn sad
    The 23 Freak
    The 23 Freak

Post by The 23 Freak Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:24 pm

I made a mistake.  I didn't lose the Lord Souls as you cannot drop them.  BUT...  I did lose EVERYTHING else.  All the boss souls, all my shards, chunks, and slabs.  A lot of weapons and armour, etc...   But at least I'm still playing and apparently fixed the glitch.  What a shame though...  All that time accumulating that stuff and it's all gone sad
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:26 pm

The file isn't ruined, but it would probably be better for you to reset at that point. You could (try to) get a weapon, then just farm to upgrade it, but at that far in the game you're better of just restarting.

At least, that's my opinion on it.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:11 pm

I feel for ya, that happened to me. Picked up a random modded sword and all of a sudden I couldn't do anything. Couldn't switch weps, armor or rings. Everything locked up until i dropped the item.
    The 23 Freak
    The 23 Freak

Post by The 23 Freak Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:I feel for ya, that happened to me. Picked up a random modded sword and all of a sudden I couldn't do anything. Couldn't switch weps, armor or rings. Everything locked up until i dropped the item.

Yup, except for that I didn't know which item it was, so I dropped everything.  Couldn't pick most of them back up so I lost a ton of stuff.  Back to normal now though, so that's something...
    Gollumseverywhere
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gollumseverywhere Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 pm

If all else fails(an you havnt already joined th cov and can get enough scales) you could take gwyn on with dragon form bare fists. I mean it will at least get you through to ng+

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 3:42 am