Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
DanielCdable
AeroSigma
Tolvo
SlakeMoth
White Mamba
Scudman_Slayer
krimsonknight
Artorias
ViralEnsign_
Carphil
Serious_Much
User
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
zRegulas9z
Reaperfan
Whknight
RANT
WarriorOfSunlight
Maneater_Mildred
barecanvas
Dj-B-Man-Jr
aceluby
Wade_Wilson
27 posters

Things you want changed in the next patch (if there is one)

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Things you want changed in the next patch (if there is one) - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you want changed in the next patch (if there is one)

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:just ask to EVERY single one of the people that uses heavy armor + DWGR

You mean everypony who PvPs seriously?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Things you want changed in the next patch (if there is one) - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you want changed in the next patch (if there is one)

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 pm

ok ok maybe not everyone use it because of that
    and use it because they just want to be complete A**holes

but im speaking from my experience really so no need to pay attention to me at all... sad
    from 10 matches i've had with people that used heavy/medium armor with DWGR that i asked why they use it with heavy armor,8 of them said they were tired of instantly losing when they got staggered by a lagged hit that didn't connect to them when they were wearing light-armor

the other 2 didn't answer at all

so yeah pretty much all the things i say are never facts they are just my experience and as i said should be ignored and forgotten forever...
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:should be ignored and forgotten forever...

Don't take it so hard, I only pull out the brony lingo (aka everypony) when I want to show I'm being reeeeeeeeealy light-hearted about something since like you I don't want to start a flamewar. That being said I will ignore my better judgement and continue to post my feelings on the matter silly

The fact that I was trying to call attention to is that any player who seriously wants to attempt to succeed in PvP will use the DWGR+heavy gear combination, regardless of their reasons for using it. This is because, like you said, it brings so many advantages with it that it allows players to completely shatter the conventions of the typical roles of the class. If you don't want to be stunlocked to death instantly, then the two most common solutions would be to play a tanking build that allows you to ignore stunlocks through poise, or if you want to move quickly you should be able to move faster than the opposing stunlocking builds by simply dodging their attacks. The DWGR allows you to both dodge the attack and tank it, making it easily the best defensive ring in the game. Yes lag is an issue, but in an online PvP setting it should be expected.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:05 pm

i agree but still i can't say i don't blame them for using it really
    thats just me

i myself don't use it on PVP chars but on PVE ones i do

PVP i can evade most things with medium roll because im always using medium armors making me able to evade a thing or two withouth getting stun locked in the first hit

what i do when i see one of them is that i back myself against a wall and wait until they leave themselves open for a hit

killing them with bug bytes is the only way for me to win since they don't get stun-locked with giant's armor :|

White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:12 pm

They need to make it so you can offer up multiple items to a covenant at once. It takes way too long.

I suppose it makes you show your devotion or something the way it is though.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:26 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:killing them with bug bytes is the only way for me to win since they don't get stun-locked with giant's armor :|

I don't blame anypony for using it, personally. You would have to be pretty dumb to want to win consistently in PvP and not take the ring happy

But alot of the problem those of us against the ring have is that this is the only way to counteract a DWGR user other than equipping the ring yourself. Going back to what I said earlier, the ring gives the single most powerful defensive abilities in the game, but as a result also becomes one of the best offensive rings because your faster movement speed and improved roll make you able to get away with things you wouldn't be able to with a medium roll. The light roll allows you to do the same things, only without the poise, which creates and actually interesting hit-and-run style combat normally associated with light weapon users since the player has to know for sure when they can go in for a hit and then get out safely. With the DWGR it allows players to be much, much more reckless by taking the "oops I went in too early and ate a hit, guess I'll just roll out since my poise was able to take it." Alot of reward with not alot of risk, and only asking for an investment of one ring slot. The reason I want it changed is so that I can actually enjoy PvP. Here's an experiment to try; go into a PvP session for a while and ask yourself this:

How many players do I fight that use at least 3 of the following in their build?
    -DWGR
    -Mostly Heavy Armor (at least 2 pieces)
    -Weapon Buffs
    -Family Masks

This is a template I have found very prevalent in PvP, and I can almost guarantee you that you will find at least 75% of opponents pass this test. Quite frankly I find that boring :|

I believe the DWGR is at the heart of this problem, as without it Heavy Armor would not even be an issue, and family masks would be infinitely less abusable because Heavy Armor would no longer be as relevant, cutting into every masks' effectiveness except Mask of the Mother.

Last edited by Reaperfan on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Everything in the game was put in the game for a reason so guys stop complaining! And if you get bored do what i do go naked with double dragon fist/ claw...so fun!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 pm

Artorias wrote:Everything in the game was put in the game for a reason so guys stop complaining! And if you get bored do what i do go naked with double dragon fist/ claw...so fun!

I totally would if I didn't hate both farming the Drakes and PvP (at least as it is right now, as to why, read previous post silly). Seriously, those Drakes are my most hated normal mob in the game...so many times I've fallen off that bridge because of the Drake turning around and knocking me off with its tail or flying into the air and clipping me with its head sending me over the edge :|

The Drakes are dumb.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:34 pm

@reaperfan

i agree

and i find it even worse when i see someone using these items and the hornet's ring combined with them,meaning they'll be circling for a backstab the entire damn match which is boring as hell in my opinion

and i also see a lot of BKGA,Zweilhanders,claymores,katanas on PVP,hell they're the only things i see really i don't see anything else

i really wish a patch could make the other weapons that are underrated on pvp more useful and could make people want to use them :/

Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Scudman_Slayer wrote:i really wish a patch could make the other weapons that are underrated on pvp more useful and could make people want to use them :/

The only problem is that this requires either a nerf to good items such as the DWGR, or buffing the underpowered items. It's alot harder for developers to buff underpowered stuff without accidentally making those things overpowered than it is for them to mildly nerf already overpowered stuff to an acceptable level, and when people start talking nerfs everyone gets all defensive :|

It's just basic game balance; if something is dominating the playerbase in success and limiting variety it needs to be dealt with so as to increase variety of player experience and therefore their enjoyment of the experience. Nerfs aren't a bad thing and nobody ever deliberately asks for your favorite item to be nerfed to uselessness (RIP Ring of Fog and Crystal Ring Shield sad), we just want to expand the amount of experiences we have in the game.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:47 am

yes carphil i know of your lightning ember thread, i was simply adding to that having read the thread. really wish ther raw path did SOMEHING though or at least went to +10 as it stands every upgrade path has a total of 15 levels except raw, +5 regular to +5fire/magic/+10 to lightning+5/chaos+5/fire+10/magic+10/enchanted+5. where as raw is +5 regular then+5 raw... only 10 lvls...
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:03 am

Easy, the backstab in PvP or as used by invaders, i.e. in online play. It should be nerfed to the outer reaches of the galaxy where it can never be found EVER.

It's the cheapest, lowest tactic of all in my opinion and makes a mockery of honourable PvP duels.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:56 am

I don't like to disagree with people but the backstab is an intergral part of the game. While I would love to see it nerfed to a certain extent, perhaps making Bs's harder to come by and the process more skill full, I love to see either myself or someone else be anhialated by a stealth bs. I love stealth in games and Dark Souls has no real stealth system beyond fog ring and the funny other ring that snuff out noise.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:15 am

Lower the Backstab damage of big weapons, or the hitboxes. Remove the DWGR, and this comes from a person who uses it in the forest because they have to. Or change it to already require 25% or lighter carry weight. I'd like to see a wider variety of armor in PvP, hopefully this would help.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 am

A very simple solution to the DWGR problem is to give its flipping/faster speed effects at <25% equip burden. So as not to nerf it to oblivion you can move all the other types of rolls up a section so fast roll is 25-50%, med roll 50-75%, fat roll 75%+. This way you still have the option to use the ring as either an offensive ring by keeping your weight under 25% or defensive by keeping it under 50%.

With that being said, if you want everybody to use different rings just move the flip to under 25% and keep all other rolls the same.

The only reason I'd like something done for this ring is simply to encourage more variety in builds and to keep the 'role playing' aspect in tact a bit more.
    AeroSigma
    AeroSigma
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AeroSigma Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

aceluby wrote:A very simple solution to the DWGR problem is to give its flipping/faster speed effects at <25% equip burden. So as not to nerf it to oblivion you can move all the other types of rolls up a section so fast roll is 25-50%, med roll 50-75%, fat roll 75%+. This way you still have the option to use the ring as either an offensive ring by keeping your weight under 25% or defensive by keeping it under 50%.

+1, I was about to post this when I saw Aceluby beat me to it. Basically just have the DWGR make you move at the next lower tier, so then with 0-25% it makes you flip.

Also, I'd like to see a change to the EoD to make it so you get rewarded for your BPs killing the inflicted, not for when they back-invade. I think that would better serve the purpose of the coventant, to inflict pain and difficulty on the victim, not to encourage the GraveLord to leave the sign in an easy place to find.

Also, nerf sorcery, lol. I am looking forward to NG+ because my SL74 battle mage is pwning the lord areas, they're too easy for me. I want to see a "this is where the real Dark Souls Starts" message at the start of NG+
    krimsonknight

Post by krimsonknight Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Artorias wrote:Half the things you mentioned wont be changed bro, strafing makes it too easy

uh what? automatic lock on and automatic strafing makes it too easy. i push R3 once and then cruise. the engine maintains where my opponent is at all times for me even when my enemy goes behind cover and auto-strafes for me. as long as i keep auto lock on, my back never gets turned on my opponent.

best example, nito locked on. i just move in circular motions and cast spells until he dies. i never have to worry about turning my back on him and i never have to aim. on top of that, i can move around to avoid the skellies and still cast spells or take shots at him because of the auto-aim mechanic.

now are you seriously going to tell me that it would be easier to be able to aim, strafe, attack (or cast spells) all manually versus hitting ONE button and having the computer do all of it for me instead? yeah okay, thanks for wasting my time.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:29 pm

I want better dual weapon move set. Not necessarily a change to it but faster swing speed or more likely to stagger with smaller weapons (although I don't really understand the stun mechanic more than big= im so dead).
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 am

krimsonknight wrote:now are you seriously going to tell me that it would be easier to be able to aim, strafe, attack (or cast spells) all manually versus hitting ONE button and having the computer do all of it for me instead? yeah okay, thanks for wasting my time.

the rest of your post was well written but i thought this paragraph was a bit unnecessary. It's possible he just did not understand what you meant (i can see what he thought you said, have this while keeping lock on so you can do this while not locked on.. this would in that case make it easier).

The aggression in this post i say try to keep away from, tensions rising in this forum is not what we want here after all silly

by the way, i'd be scared if they implemented your idea, would be very hard without the lock on :shock:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:09 am

Dark Souls without Lock on? Sounds MANLY as Hell, I need to grow my Moustache and Beard out and do a whole playthrough like this, and NG+, and PvP in the forest. I shall be Grizzly Tolvo Adams when I am done.
    DanielCdable
    DanielCdable
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DanielCdable Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:27 am

Nerf the DWGR, and change some mechanics when backstabbing with a big weapon. Smaller hitbox, Less damage etc.

Am i the only one who is bothered by the input lag?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 am

I would like to see better Bottomless Box management:

Stacking armor. Instead of a list of ten idential items, make it one item that includes 10 items (like the consumables)

Toggle list between items inside/outside the box. If I'm storing items I don't want to carry, it would be nice if all those items were at the top of the list so they could be stored faster.

Change Sort Order, especially for armor. Sort by Physical/Poison/Curse/Fire/Lightning (etc.) Protection as well as Weight/Poise.

Sort by scaling ability, would be nice, too.

This is probably too much to ask, but I'd like to compare the stats requirement of the equipment to my current character limitations. Before I choose to grab an item from the box, I'd like to see if I would be able to effectively weild the item. As the player levels up, something that was put away in the box may now be able to be used by the player. Maybe the text color of the item could be different if you don't have the stats to use it.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:37 am

Firekeeper Soul Stealer. Invade a player and steal a Firekeeper soul.

The player could try to prevent the invader from killing the Firekeeper. The Firekeeper, player, and phantoms could fight together against the Invader. The player would have to defeat the invader to reclaim the soul for his Firekeeper. Now you're fighting for something worth more than humanity.

If the invader is able to return to his world with the Firekeeper soul, he can give it to HIS Firekeeper.

A Player would be have to have his own Firekeeper dead before being able to kill the same Firekeeper in another world.

A Player would only be able to kill his OWN Firekeeper once to cut down on the griefing ability. If someone could kill his own Firekeeper multiple times, he can invade others and steal a Firekeeper soul, return to his world, and repeat.

A Firekeeper soul from another world CANNOT BE CONSUMED. It must be used only for the Invaders Firekeeper. An invader cannot kill a Firekeeper in another players world if he has a stolen Firekeeper soul, otherwise the griefing ability would be too high.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Lower the critical damage for big weapons.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:37 pm

Add a gesture that causes you to spin around and pat your fanny at a person. As a forest hunter I could find great use for this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:17 am