Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Maximize damage output

gronbek

Maximize damage output Empty Maximize damage output

Post by gronbek Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:43 am

Hello,

Just a little curious here what type of character buffs and weapon enhancements to use for maximize weapon damage.

Please tell me if I missed something. Using meat cleaver as example weapon.

1. Ring that boosts damage at low health
    2. Power within
    3. Weapon enhancement i.e turpentine 
    4. ?

BR Anders
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Maximize damage output Empty Re: Maximize damage output

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:37 am

Well first off, in Demon's Souls there is no Power Within.

If you're looking for the biggest possible boost to damage, you're actually going to go to need to go hyper-mode mage. It's been a while since I've looked at the details so some of my numbers may be slightly off, but here's the rundown:

1. Clever Rat's Ring (+50% increased damage at low health) (you got this one, but just for thoroughness I'm still writing it winking)
    2. Morion Blade (+60% damage at low health)
    3. Ring of Magical Sharpness (+20% Spell Damage)
    4. Old Monk's Headwraps (+30% spell damage)

Assuming all of the above, you're looking at a 160% damage boost on any offensive spell.

Without magic, you're only left with the Clever Rat's Ring/Morion Blade combo. Your best bet for damage boosts in weapon buffs are either Light Weapon or Cursed Weapon, though it should be noted that Light Weapon is not affected by magic boosting items so using things like the Ring of Magical Sharpness will not increase the amount of damage on the buff. To maximize output with a weapon, you need to see if it does more physical or magic damage. If it does more physical, use Cursed Weapon. If it does more magical, use Light Weapon. If you don't have/want spells and are stuck with item buffing, Black Turpentine and Sticky White Stuff are what your best bets are (though they're generally weaker than a proper spell buff).
    gronbek

Post by gronbek Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:00 am

Thank you for that detailed reply happy

Ah yes, I meant curse weapon in DeS. In DkS you can use powerwithin and a weapon buff, not in DeS.

So if I go melee there are only two buffs to increase damage, the ring and curse weapon if physical damage. If not using the Morion blade.

Thanks.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:27 am

gronbek wrote:Thank you for that detailed reply happy

Ah yes, I meant curse weapon in DeS. In DkS you can use powerwithin and a weapon buff, not in DeS.

So if I go melee there are only two buffs to increase damage, the ring and curse weapon if physical damage. If not using the Morion blade.

Thanks.

The Morion Blade functions exactly like the ring, and is generally used as an offhand weapon. This means that you can 2-hand your main weapon with the Morion Blade on your back and still recieve the +60% damage bonus from the Morion Blade. Actually, it's better to do that since the Morion Blade in and of itself is pretty mediocre as a weapon, and is only really good as a buff. All that to say you can actually use a weapon buff, the Morion Blade, and the Clever Rat's Ring all at the same time (though I'd avoid Cursed Weapon with this setup since the Ring and Morion Blade require you to already be low health before they start working).

And there are actually many ways of buffing your weapon. But only a few of them are actually worth using, so those were the only ones I mentioned. Things like Turpentine and Enchant Weapon are rarely, if ever useful past soul level 20ish and are simply outclassed by other options come mid and late game. For example, Sticky White Stuff is generally just as powerful if not more powerful than Enchant Weapon and doesn't cost any MP, Magic, or a catalyst, and if you have invested into magical capabilities it barely takes any more levels to be able to use Light Weapon which has a much higher damage modifier.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:15 am

as a phantom you can use friends/foes ring and pwct/pbct to achieve 40% more
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Walter_White wrote:as a phantom you can use friends/foes ring and pwct/pbct to achieve 40% more

As a warrior, yes. On a Mage though, only the Foe's Ring will offer any extra bonus. The Friend's Ring provides the same amount of boost as the Ring of Magical Sharpness (+20%) where the Foe's Ring adds +30%. The only advantage to the Friend's Ring over Magical Sharpness is you don't have your Magic Defense reduced.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:30 am