Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Jansports
Animaaal
drdrack
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Saturday-Saint
Automancer
SirArchmage
reim0027
Leet
AHK-HK
14 posters

Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp?

Poll

Yes or No

[ 11 ]
    Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? I_vote_lcap73%Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? I_vote_rcap [73%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? I_vote_lcap27%Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? I_vote_rcap [27%] 

Total Votes: 15
    AHK-HK
    AHK-HK

Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? Empty Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp?

Post by AHK-HK Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:13 pm

Yes or No

Here is a video of me just spamming great heal on people in the burg. With the burg as one of the smallest areas for PvP I thought it was fitting.If they invaded me a couple of times I gave them a normal fight because they seemed very upset at what I was doing. Keep in mind most fight clubs happen in a larger area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woEZEimxkh4&feature=youtu.be

Cast time of Great heal and humanity. 

Great heal
    Full cast-4.08 seconds
    Heal starts at 2.25 seconds

Humanity 
    Full cast-4.01 seconds
    Heal starts-2.01 seconds

My editor starts a new second at 00.30 so keep in mind the .00 part goes to 1 second at .30

I did this for a argument in the gamefaqs fight club. Figured I would get this forums views as well.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? Empty Re: Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp?

Post by Leet Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:14 pm

I've never seen a Fight Club where healing was permitted.

And in formal set up matches, you don't heal either.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp? Empty Re: Does Great Heal have a place in fight clubs and 1v1pvp?

Post by reim0027 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:29 pm

IMO, yes it is OK. Many FCs I've been in allow it, since it is fairly easily punishable and requires stats to invest.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:34 pm

reim0027 wrote:IMO, yes it is OK.  Many FCs I've been in allow it, since it is fairly easily punishable and requires stats to invest.

Really?

I guess you're right about being able to punish, but i'd get frustrated if i was a split second too late and they get away with it.

At the same token though, people don't use estus, but that's punishable too.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:30 pm

Humanity and Estus: No stat investment. Fast. Can be used by anyone. If you use it the opponent most likely will also, bringing you both to full health and basically only prolonging the fight for both of you.

Great Heal or Replenishment: Needs stat investment, easily punishable and predictable that you are about to use it. Not very fast. Requires an attunement slot. If you use it then other opponent most likely will not have it, thus giving you an advantage, the same way that any other spell or miracle may give one an advantage.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:58 pm

I've only ever seen Great Heal used in cosplay FCs where the Giants use them.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:03 am

No because it's too easy to punish and unlike Humanity can't be used 99 times for 0 cost.

If you're asking if it should be banned: *** lol.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 am

TooLeet wrote:I've never seen a Fight Club where healing was permitted.

I've seen plenty that have allowed healing miracles.
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 am

I hardly use it in PvE... don't know why though

I know this is a PvP topic so might as well get on

I hardly seem people use this when they gank too. (though then again, i only ganked people like five to ten times in undead burg. And most of the time great heal would've made no difference)
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:04 am

post7
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 am

I personally think anything you've invested stats into should be a part of PvP so of course I'm on the side of yeah great heal has a place. It's just not a Smart choice against opponents that pay close attention, and it generally has to compete with the likes of GMB, replenishment, WoG ect.

Excepting in the Arena where I've seen build just pick up heals for between rounds it's not too common as defensively there are better options typically
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:46 am

It's so easy to punish I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:29 am

Unless we're talking about Bountiful Sunlight, I think that all recovery Miracles are ok.
    Out of all ways one can heal, Miracles take the longest to use and have very limited casts. They are also very easy to interrupt, because the caster kneels down. Bow, Crossbow and Throwing Knives will insta headshot the caster and stop the animation (identical elevation required).

The problem with Bountiful Sunlight is that the Miracle heals way before it is shown by the animation and as such is much harder to interrupt. On the other hand, it takes two Att slots, has only few casts and requires a specific and useless Covenant membership.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 am

I've never seen a rational basis for banning micrales without banning magic in general, which has its own issues and should generally be avoided other than in situations where one is going for deliberate variant play.

If you're giving people enough space that they can cast a >2 second healing miracle that takes 4 seconds to finish they probably deserve to be able to use something they spent  valuable stats and attunement to have.

If anything, it's an underpowered choice, and banning it without banning dark bead, all pyros, etc would be silly to the point of being indefensible.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:54 am

It can be surprising, but once people know you have heals attuned it's very, very easy to see coming and punish. It shouldn't be banned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:09 am