Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Phoenix Rising
SlintEastwood
Aigaios
Jester's Tears
Dibsville
SirArchmage
TheMeInTeam
Dutchy
Serious_Much
xenon_nobelium
raecor14
SadPanda
Myztyrio
17 posters

The Perfect Build

Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Perfect Build Empty The Perfect Build

Post by Myztyrio Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 am

What is your definition of a perfect build? What aspects of the game do you want it to revel in? Where should you soul level, investments, equipment, lie?

Feel free to explain in depth your answer(s) and debate with one another. If enough varied answers arise, I will make a poll.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

The Perfect Build Empty Re: The Perfect Build

Post by SadPanda Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 am

Something that can cover wherever areas you like the most. I personally like quality builds emphasizing slow and fast weapons. A good example is my leo build which uses a Greatsword and a Rapier/Warpick.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:16 am

easy, something that is at a PVP hotspot soul level. something that has a well thought out set-up, not min maxing. something that combines weapon typed and lastly something that looks badass
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:42 pm

http://mmdks.com/3ici this is the perfect build!
    jokes aside, a lvl100 char needs:
    fast roll
    61-76poise
    max scaling weapon(s)
    imo
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:56 pm

xenon_nobelium wrote:http://mmdks.com/3ici this is the perfect build!
    jokes aside, a lvl100 char needs:
    fast roll
    61-76poise
    max scaling weapon(s)
    imo
    Can't do high level sorcery or miracles- not thanks silly

To me, a perfect build is a build that has good poise, power, fast roll, long range option of attack, good health/stamina and looks awesome. Has to be a SL120 as it's the classic level.

For me it would probably be a dex/int hybrid, buffed dex weapon, offhand moonlight horn.. something like this

http://mmdks.com/3mi3

Dutchy
    Dutchy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dutchy Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 pm

I just love fast weapons, fast rolls, fast cars, fast women... Oh, sorry silly But anything that looks awesome and is fast FAST FAST! (I love the look of artorias armour, gold hemmed head and pants, and Ciaran Gloves!)
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:52 pm

http://mmdks.com/3mjt

Nothing like a fastrolling giant's dex/pyro at 120.  With just under 1900 health.

Rapier for turtle pokes, shotel for obvious reasons.  You could run black flame x2 and go for poise trades that way too.  In fact, people won't expect that if you time your switch just right.  Suddenly on 45 dex you have as much poise trade + stunlock threat as a freaking mace.  With 77 poise and a boatload of hp, this build is as obnoxious as any at 120.

Buff or hybrid builds can sacrifice defense/poise for more dps on a weapon buff, and which is best is strictly preference.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:35 pm

For me I made three builds, because of the variety of my playstyle.

I believe in the normal things that make a build great. It should have a ranged option, able to dish out more then one type of damage if necessary, able to fend people off at both high and low health, does not rely on a tactic, has enough health to not be one-shot, and can fight well against any playstyle.
    Is also nice to have a good amount of defense, but since it doesn't matter unless you have ridiculously high amounts, won't really count that in.
    Also, for me, aesthetically pleasing looks is a big thing, so I put that into two of the builds.

Now the first one is a battle-mage. http://mmdks.com/3mji I believe this to be one of the best classes in, well, every game there is. I always pick it and I know it's strengths and weaknesses. It has a decent shield, good defense, and looks great aesthetically(silver knight cape ftw). It can fight against GMB, has an array of spells, and plenty of ways to combo in attacks that kill the enemy in an instant. There are way too many variations of battle-mages in this game to count, so I will leave it at this one.

A quality tank. http://mmdks.com/3mja or http://mmdks.com/3mkf  For me, it is perfectly fine to be mid-rolling. I know how to do it. I rarely even rely on my shield(despite me putting much effort into working in a Greatshield on one of them). It has a ranged option, able to use most weapons, and the current weapons can deal out much damage with the Washing Pole to finish off their last bit of health. Black knight shield for pyromancies, Big Hat for magic, and giant armor for physical defense. All with enough poise for three hits from a two-handed Katana, curved sword or straight sword. The other one is similar, though simply lowered poise to withstand a two-handed Ultra Greatsword. Versatile in many situations and can fight well against every type of build.

Then there is this. http://mmdks.com/3mkk
    This monstrous abomination. I hate to say it but it is extremely effective. It can dead-angle, has more health then most builds, can do around 500-600 damage each swing, fast-rolls, and has enough poise to withstand an Ultra Greatsword. What it lacks in defense it makes up in sheer power. While lacking a ranged option, it has WoG and TWoP to help it out. The perfect build for trading-hits.

These are some of my most effective builds. Love the first one for invading, the second one for hosting, and the third for gank-spanking.

Last edited by SirArchmage on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:56 pm

A build that is fast and can dish out good damage, as well as being viable for any situation; both close-up and from a distance. It would need vertical, horizontal, diaganol, and thrusting attacks. A straightsword variant immediately comes to mind for me, particularly the Longsword or Sunlight Straightsword, although the latter is a little slower and heavier for a negligible damge boost. A spear weapon as a secondary for when you need to out-range your opponent while still doing a good amount of damage, and a Bow off-hand for when sniping is necessary. A good shield with high stability and good defensive stats, preferably one that can parry. At least 31 poise in order to tank a few hits from the faster weapons, but light enough to dodge the slower weapons. A good amount of health, and some good ring bonuses to boot. And of course, it has to be stylish.

http://mmdks.com/3mlo

Of course, this is just my idea of a perfect build. This probably isn't viable for PvP use, however in PvE it would work beauitifully.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:37 pm

^ Pure quality builds can always be made PvP competitive though big grin.

http://mmdks.com/3mmf

Menu-swap SKS.  Short bow for sniping + weight tradeoff, huge HP.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:43 pm

Naked, a really BIG sword and a sack.
    Perfect~~~~
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:58 pm

No build is perfect, there are builds that are stronger then other builds, builds that work better in other situations but there is no perfect build. Even if there was a perfect build playing with such build would be pointless as if it is perfect then it would be in every way superior to other builds making it boring to play with. It would also have no place for improvement meaning that skill, tactics and experience would be meaningless.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:06 pm

Aigaios wrote:No build is perfect, there are builds that are stronger then other builds, builds that work better in other situations but there is no perfect build. Even if there was a perfect build playing with such build would be pointless as if it is perfect then it would be in every way superior to other builds making it boring to play with. It would also have no place for improvement meaning that skill, tactics and experience would be meaningless.
    Ugh. I made a bet with someone on how soon someone would say EXACTLY this. I bet within the first twelve hours.

If only you said this 2 hours earlier.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm

Aigaios wrote:No build is perfect, there are builds that are stronger then other builds, builds that work better in other situations but there is no perfect build. Even if there was a perfect build playing with such build would be pointless as if it is perfect then it would be in every way superior to other builds making it boring to play with. It would also have no place for improvement meaning that skill, tactics and experience would be meaningless.
    Belive me. 
    When you're naked. And have a BIG SWORD.
    You'll win. Everytime. Unless you fight someone who is even more naker. And has a BIGGER SWORD.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 am

What matters more with the bigness of the sword?  Thickness or length?  A balance should be achieved, but perhaps one will be forced to make a choice and priorities must be known, lest they come across a superior individual.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:21 am

You know what they say about men with big swords.
    The Perfect Build E8d885f06baefb5374c9a011910e7087
    The Perfect Build E8d885f06baefb5374c9a011910e7087
    SlintEastwood
    Casual
    Casual

Post by SlintEastwood Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:47 am

Dex/Pyro for duels in the sl100 to 125 range, though for "all out" pvp probably a one-shot build since it's only thing that shuts down db's (aside from a chain, but a competent pvper should be avoiding them more often than not IMO).
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:30 pm

Nothing is better than my 40/40 quality build. No matter how many builds I make, I always seem to come back to it.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 am

Something that fights how you are the best. I like 1 handing weapons (so I can attempt to parry) and not casting or projectiles. So, most of my builds are centered around those tenets, with some differences.
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Imo the perfect build fits your play style while maximizing what you are best at. In addition, it still has adequate armor ratings.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=444591827702583369

Allows me to use the chaos uchi and rapier while having 315 armor down the board along with 54 poise. I can swap the uchi for a balder to use the grass crest shield with this combo aswell.  Of course at sl 120-130 armor becomes fairly easy while quickrolling unless your weapons are 10lbs.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:27 pm

The perfect build is whatever you have the most fun using.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:37 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=370607778842987846
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:48 pm

While there is no "perfect" build per se, like you said, there are builds that are better against MORE enemies than some other builds. As an example: a light and agile bowman may have the upperhand against a tank, however will be at more of a disadvantage when fighting someone with a long-reaching spear.
    Then again, the spear user may also have an advantage over the tank. So a spear user could be useful in more situations than the bowman.

In essence, the idea of the "perfect build" would be one that could be used in more situations than any other build; as in no matter what the scenario was, it would have the upperhand or at least be on some even ground.

That's just my definition of it, which is why I chose a quality build-- something that is agile with high damage and is good for both close-up or far away fighting. But since nothing is perfect, a quality build is the best it gets in terms of usefulness in all situations (in my opinion).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 pm