While all the games I mentioned are FPS, I'd like a third person shooter instead. I like to be able to see my character.
I'm currently struggling to enjoy Spec Ops: The Line. The game was fairly good till lvl 20-ish. Now most of the guys I fight against have max lvl, best gear and just spam grenades and RPGs. It's like high SL gankers in Dark Souls. Posible to beat, but not in a fair fight and definitely not fun to play with. Not for me, at least.
An ideal shooter for me is a game with:
- Third person camera. Not necessary, but I really prefer to be able to see my character.
- No level restricted gear. Access to everything from the start, or the stuff has to be picked up / purchased in matches.
- Certain level of realism. I don't need to care about splinter in my shoe, but there's no way in hell I will accept that someone can survive a headshot.
- No killcams. This is pretty much impossible though, so feel free to skip this point.
- At least slightly realistic movement speed. Please no full kevlar, shotgun, LMG, grenades, RPG guys sprinting across the maps like they're Chuck Norris.
- Moderate ridiculousness. I can accept being shot by a futuristic laser rifle, sent flying from a gravity alterning grenade, but sending a nuke on my head is just too much.
Faster running? Steady aim? Longer range for throwable weapons? All ok with me.
Able to spawn on a teammate? Dropping a grenade on death? Ability to see enemies through walls? No thanks.
- Decent melee combat. I'd hate to see a guy homing-lunge at me with a knife from 10 meters to insta kill me by stabbing my toe.
- Sensible DLC content. I don't wanna buy 6 DLC, subscription, newsletter etc. DLC are ok with me, but everything needs moderation.
- Option to turn off voice chat. Lot of games lack this and I have to listen to some kid crying about getting killed. No thanks. Playing without any sound at all isn't an option either.
- Must be for PS3.
Please, if you know of a game that fits at least some of these points, tell me about it.
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Sentiel on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total