Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
shadowzninjaz
Tolvo
Seth Winternight
ResIsBestStat
Ahhotep1
Serious_Much
Marino.
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
GrinTwist
13 posters

CoF Event: Izalithian Fight Club - Sept 14-Sept 15 [Event Closed]

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

CoF Event: Izalithian Fight Club - Sept 14-Sept 15 [Event Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: CoF Event: Izalithian Fight Club - Sept 14-Sept 15 [Event Closed]

Post by Ahhotep1 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Seth Winternight wrote:I don't mind writing a little narrative or story-element intro if it's something you'd like.
    Wow, outstanding idea Seth!! Grin...Seth, who is our (Exiled) Official Word Crafter and Lorist is a superb RP and lore writer! You will be pleased! biggrin 

And Tolvo's suggestion should get the event more exposure! Nice!!

GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

CoF Event: Izalithian Fight Club - Sept 14-Sept 15 [Event Closed] - Page 2 Empty Re: CoF Event: Izalithian Fight Club - Sept 14-Sept 15 [Event Closed]

Post by GrinTwist Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Seth, if you want to, I'd love if you could make a narrative for this.

Also, Tolvo, yes I would like if we could get an advertisement in the Resource thread. Which reminds me, that I need to make a few advertisements in the General section and PVP section soon.
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:50 am

Being the CoF, I assume you would like something comical and otherwise "brony-like"? silly
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:53 am

Well, the CoF Lore is about Ponies going to Lordran to spread their Ideals around . 
    It could lead to some hilarious or dark situations .
    Anything would suffice pony01 .

Though i would prefer something humorous 
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 am

I shall work on something today and see if I can post it by the end of the day.
    shadowzninjaz
    shadowzninjaz
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by shadowzninjaz Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:43 am

Nice work Grin and Marino.

i so down for these fist only duels

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:55 pm

Still, I cannot keep sugar coating this for you guys....

This event is an interesting idea, one of the manliest fist fights in Lordran with little to no Poise, but there are already many problems with it.

1. You are forced to use only one weapon. While I understand why you decided to use only one particular weapon, I cannot however overlook this lack of variety. One of the greatest things in the Souls series combat is the moveset of the weapon, using the same moveset a thousand of times against a million challengers will only increase in lacking variety.

2. Armor restrictions. I understand that you wanted to go with little to no Poise at all, but still, by only allowing gloves and leggings, you also make the event even more lacking in variety. Not only will you have little to no defenses, but there won't be even any variety in your clothing because of the Poise limit.

3. Ring restriction. I actually liked that idea of you using the Dusk Crown Ring, it made the event more challenging, but now I can't say the same. Now we can't even use the other ring slot, which would make this event without variety at all, instead of a change every few matches we have to deal with the same and boring fight repeated a hundred times, with rings instead things could have a sparkle of excitement: What if your opponent is using RTSR and you must get him before he gets you? What if your FoP Ring manages to make you withstand a few blows? It would certainly add some variety to the event.

Summed up, this event is too restrictive to the participants, I think you should modify the rules in my opinion, or add a higher SL limit so we can use other fist weapons.

Also some backstory:

During the initial siege of the Ponies in Lordran, Twilight Sparkle discovered a place where all kind of poisons and diseases existed: Blighttown.
    Determined to stop the spreading of misery and suffering in an already god-hard-to-live place, Twilight killed a Sealer and stole her magic managed to convince a Sealer to give her her healing magic and robes. Twilight however could not cure the swamp without eliminating its ruler: A giant spider chick. Twilight then sent Spike to convince the hot spider to leave the swamp because of course Spike gets stuck will all the stupid ****. 

Spike then managed to convince the sexy spider chick to leave the swamp alone, however Twilight then realized that Blighttown wasn't the only problem: Beneath the surface there was an unearthly realm of chaos filled with demons. Twilight then understood that she had to destroy the heart of the demons: The Bed of Chaos, in order to finally cure the goddamn Valley of Defilement. However while attempting to reason with a giant creature that looked glitched, Twilight met Mike Tyson who revealed that HE was the one who did all the bad mojo in Dark Souls, like corrupting Artorias and making Sif fight you, because Mike Tyson is in reality......

THE FURTIVE PYGMY!!!

Twilight and Mike were then about to have the deadliest and most awesome battle ever seen in the history of anime, Twilight quickly readied her Helmets of Armory and Mike readied his double barreled shotgun with the best ammunition in the world: FISTS. However, just as the battle was about to start, Mike said:
    "Yo man you cannot fight me with dat **** crown! Get some gloves or something and man up!"

And since Twilight was no boxing expert, and Spike was busy tending to the Fair Lady while wearing an armor full of thorns, Twilight decided to call all her allies, the ones most proficient at fist fighting and martial arts, in order to defeat the wretched tyrant that ruled Lordran.

Last edited by ResIsBestStat on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:10 pm

I don't think you understand the Idea behind this Event . The restricitons are the reason to participate . 

A little History about this Event .

My original Idea for this Event was to just use the Bare Fist just like in a Box Fight . 
    In a Box Fight you don't Roll around and wear Helmets or a Shirt . 

I came up with all these ridiculous Damage Boosts like the Calamity Ring, Thorn Gauntlets, Power Within and the Dusk Crown Ring so that the Fights won't last too long .
    That's why i didn't want to use any other Rings like FaP or Wolf . 

People didn't like that Idea so we decided to use unupgraded Caestus .

More Fist Weapons, i could see that happen .

No Claws however since they have the Bleed Effect and that would break this Event since you cannot roll .
    I wouldn't mind allowing the DBS but how do we balance it with the Caestus along with the low Health ?
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Marino. wrote:I don't think you understand the Idea behind this Event . The restricitons are the reason to participate . 

A little History about this Event .

My original Idea for this Event was to just use the Bare Fist just like in a Box Fight . 
    In a Box Fight you don't Roll around and wear Helmets or a Shirt . 

I came up with all these ridiculous Damage Boosts like the Calamity Ring, Thorn Gauntlets, Power Within and the Dusk Crown Ring so that the Fights won't last too long .
    That's why i didn't want to use any other Rings like FaP or Wolf . 

People didn't like that Idea so we decided to use unupgraded Caestus .

More Fist Weapons, i could see that happen .

No Claws however since they have the Bleed Effect and that would break this Event since you cannot roll .
    I wouldn't mind allowing the DBS but how do we balance it with the Caestus along with the low Health ?
    Yeah, you have some points, but I was just showing you that this event doesn't have much variety meaning that many people will get bored eventually.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 pm

I appreciate that you want to improve this Event, Res . 
    Maybe Grin and Anho see things different fro me ^^.

And your Backstor...WTF man ? That's awesome !
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:26 pm

Marino. wrote:I appreciate that you want to improve this Event, Res . 
    Maybe Grin and Anho see things different fro me ^^.

And your Backstor...WTF man ? That's awesome !
    What? Honestly I just wrote random things and stuff.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Well, it fits something as random as Human-Pony Abominations that try to spread their Ideals in a f*cked up place like Lordran by having a Fist Fighting Tournament .
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:55 pm

We all have ideas and suggestions. Some are good, some not, and sometimes we may not know until we try. Sometimes those offering suggestions are not on the same "conceptual" page as the originator...so to speak.

Marino, your event idea is a good one.

After wards you will know even better and with hard data in-hand in which direction you might want to go next time.

Res your suggestions are good, don't get me wrong. biggrin  But trying to "remake" the event the way you feel it should be is not the way to go...really. I am sure Marino has taken all of your suggestions under serious consideration. But he has stated more then once, I believe, that the event will go as posted unless he decides to change something. You have offered your suggestions and that input is appreciated!! And Marino is aware of these suggestions so now it is time to let it rest.

Who knows Marino may decide to incorporate one of your suggestions at some point. But for now...let it rest. That will bring a much more productive out come for all involved. thumbs up 

That said...I am looking forward to the FUN that will be had. Memories of my vader fist fight still makes me chuckle.
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Here's my attempt at some backstory/intro (it's a tad long):

Upon their initial adventures into Lordran, Twilight Sparkle and her following of non-vampiric sparkling allies became a vastly-growing covenant in name of their magic... Happiness. The inhabitants of the desolate lands saw warmth and comfort within the eyes of this enigmatic pony, whom after munching on the grass for breakfast, made plans to spread her happiness even further. Above all who welcomed these 4-legged delights to Lordran, were the Exiled of Ariamis... And the cheeky band of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang. Netherless, all of them wanted to see a spread of fun and cheerfulness in their own ways.

However, there are places in Lordran filled with so much hate and despair, that this seemingly polar-opposite magic repelled any and all atempts of kindness and compassion. Twilight recognised Izalith as the cornerstone to this hate and this in turn made her feel like a grumpy pony, so she chewed on some chocolate-flavoured dung pie (which was most delicious) to make herself happy again. To break these barriers of hate and sadness, the cult would have to imbue their own magic into their weaponry and tear apart these walls of violent emotion. Until it dawned on Twilight: killing people is bad, that is not what they want. So with the sheer brilliance that only the Cult of Friendship harbors, a plan was devised and a challenge to be made.

Realising that the Cult of Friendship's magic is still being ridiculed by many defiant creatures, Twilight Sparkle admitted that their magic needed to be tested and proved of its worth to denizens of Lordran. Twilight (via way of the Orange Soapstone) laid out the challenge to every soul to fight in a contest of strength and willpower, blessed by the magic of the cult. They would meet Sparkle and all other participants at the ruins of the demons, where reside The Ceaseless Discharge, one of the most hateful creatures in Lordran. This would be a series of 1on1 matches in a showcase of respect for one's opponant and friendship to one-another. Ceaseless and his stumpy legs wouldn't be able to stop the display, since his phobia of grey things prevents him. Twilight thought to herself that this sheer display of the polar-opposite, would make the Ceaseless Discharge cringe and thus, reduce his defences to the CoF's almighty love machines. In doing this, Ceaseless may become human again... Or even a brony himself! The thought of this prospect made Twilight salivate with joy, to the point she began skipping on her walk. If they could bring down and reform the Ceaseless Discharge with this kind of magic, then the souls of Lordran, as well as Twilight's allies, would recognise their skill and power equal and beyond their own.

"Who doesn't love love? Who doesn't love ponies? Lordran will become a happier place all the same. Chocolate dung pies for everyone!... Now where am I going to get chocolate?"

And so the challenge was laid out and Twilight Sparkle awaits the response. Many good times were to be had, memories made and love shared. Indeed, there would be no end to this lovefest... Plus, everyone loves chocolate.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:52 am

Seth Winternight wrote:Here's my attempt at some backstory/intro (it's a tad long):

Upon their initial adventures into Lordran, Twilight Sparkle and her following of non-vampiric sparkling allies became a vastly-growing covenant in name of their magic... Happiness. The inhabitants of the desolate lands saw warmth and comfort within the eyes of this enigmatic pony, whom after munching on the grass for breakfast, made plans to spread her happiness even further. Above all who welcomed these 4-legged delights to Lordran, were the Exiled of Ariamis... And the cheeky band of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang. Netherless, all of them wanted to see a spread of fun and cheerfulness in their own ways.

However, there are places in Lordran filled with so much hate and despair, that this seemingly polar-opposite magic repelled any and all atempts of kindness and compassion. Twilight recognised Izalith as the cornerstone to this hate and this in turn made her feel like a grumpy pony, so she chewed on some chocolate-flavoured dung pie (which was most delicious) to make herself happy again. To break these barriers of hate and sadness, the cult would have to imbue their own magic into their weaponry and tear apart these walls of violent emotion. Until it dawned on Twilight: killing people is bad, that is not what they want. So with the sheer brilliance that only the Cult of Friendship harbors, a plan was devised and a challenge to be made.

Realising that the Cult of Friendship's magic is still being ridiculed by many defiant creatures, Twilight Sparkle admitted that their magic needed to be tested and proved of its worth to denizens of Lordran. Twilight (via way of the Orange Soapstone) laid out the challenge to every soul to fight in a contest of strength and willpower, blessed by the magic of the cult. They would meet Sparkle and all other participants at the ruins of the demons, where reside The Ceaseless Discharge, one of the most hateful creatures in Lordran. This would be a series of 1on1 matches in a showcase of respect for one's opponant and friendship to one-another. Ceaseless and his stumpy legs wouldn't be able to stop the display, since his phobia of grey things prevents him. Twilight thought to herself that this sheer display of the polar-opposite, would make the Ceaseless Discharge cringe and thus, reduce his defences to the CoF's almighty love machines. In doing this, Ceaseless may become human again... Or even a brony himself! The thought of this prospect made Twilight salivate with joy, to the point she began skipping on her walk. If they could bring down and reform the Ceaseless Discharge with this kind of magic, then the souls of Lordran, as well as Twilight's allies, would recognise their skill and power equal and beyond their own.

"Who doesn't love love? Who doesn't love ponies? Lordran will become a happier place all the same. Chocolate dung pies for everyone!... Now where am I going to get chocolate?"

And so the challenge was laid out and Twilight Sparkle awaits the response. Many good times were to be had, memories made and love shared. Indeed, there would be no end to this lovefest... Plus, everyone loves chocolate.
    Nice backstory applause 

Now it's up to Grin and Marino to decide which backstory they'll use.
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:10 am

Haha, a competition, eh?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:21 am

Your Story's good, Seth . Have some Rep pony13 
    Hmm...Chocolate Duund Pies pony14 

Res get's bonus points for Mike Tyson !
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Thankyou very much happy

Remember, they don't taste like dung... 'Cause it's chocolate.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:45 pm

Seth Winternight wrote:Thankyou very much happy

Remember, they don't taste like dung... 'Cause it's chocolate.
    That's what they want you to think man!

It's the friggin government again yo I bet it's the Illuminati trying to silence us all with those corporate lies and everything about vanilla milkshakes and things. Think about we have global warming and expanding Earth theory, by then it was too late!

Yo you and me man, all these people here just wanna mess us up ya hear me? They think about making politics better but really they just want to control it man!

Goddamn chocolate my stinky strawberry jingle man!
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:36 pm

Alright, I'll edit the OP and put in Seth's story as it seems that a lot of people prefer that in the OP.

Good job, with the story Seth. happy
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:38 am

GrinTwist wrote:Alright, I'll edit the OP and put in Seth's story as it seems that a lot of people prefer that in the OP.

Good job, with the story Seth. happy
    NOOOOOOOOOO
    Seth Winternight
    Seth Winternight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Seth Winternight Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:49 am

Thankyou very much, glad to be of help big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:25 pm

Well done Seth! cheers 

You both created good lore. So, take heart Res...there is more lore to come. Sharpen your quill, refresh that ink well and oil those creative mental gears of yours! twisted 
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Grin, I just realized that our event date/time over-lap. Out of respect for your event and the Cult of Friendship I will change my event date to Sunday, Sept. 15 (9am PDT) which should be fine. (1am UTC=1am GMT= 9am PDT). biggrin 
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Alright thanks, Ahho. Next time we host an event I'll make sure it doesn't overlap any other events that the Exiled are hosting.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:23 am