Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
Brigade
robsthedon
CrackSouls
Mental Gear
Shakie666
Cronotis
SATLOS
KrazykevS10
Wilkinson3424
Uparkaam
SlintEastwood
Forum Pirate
reim0027
Serious_Much
Seignar
Sneezer
FinPeku
DyingAce
Bassman Bob
Leet
OrnsteinBro
GrinTwist
DigitaLinsanitY
quench
Acarnatia
Sentiel
Soris Ice Goldwing
Kirk-Barb
Zeta Prime
Tolvo
Aigaios
billy_bayonet
36 posters

Ghost Strike

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Ghost Strike - Page 2 Empty Re: Ghost Strike

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:59 pm

do you...do you really!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:10 pm

This really isn't such a big deal as everyone is making it out to be. If you're a dedicated turtle, i understand why your feelings will be hurt. Maybe don't sit there and hide behind your shield. Also, this isn't some crazy tactic in which it is impossible to defend against. It's just like any R1/R2. Dodge it. Get out of the way.

I understand the point of it is damaging through a shield but what's new? It's a new way to dead angle. A harder way to dead angle. Go try it and see if you pwn all dem scrubz wif dem sik skeelz. You won't. It's nothing special. Play how you normally play. If you're not a turtle, you have nothing to worry about.

Turtles don't have thumbs so everyone should be okay. cheers 
    Bassman Bob
    Bassman Bob
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bassman Bob Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:16 pm

TooLeet wrote:This really isn't such a big deal as everyone is making it out to be. If you're a dedicated turtle, i understand why your feelings will be hurt. Maybe don't sit there and hide behind your shield. Also, this isn't some crazy tactic in which it is impossible to defend against. It's just like any R1/R2. Dodge it. Get out of the way.

I understand the point of it is damaging through a shield but what's new? It's a new way to dead angle. A harder way to dead angle. Go try it and see if you pwn all dem scrubz wif dem sik skeelz. You won't. It's nothing special. Play how you normally play. If you're not a turtle, you have nothing to worry about.

Turtles don't have thumbs so everyone should be okay. cheers 
    Amen, I don't see why everyone is so butthurt over this. It's harder to pull off, and it can be countered, unlike TWoD or something.

Personally i'll start practicing this as soon as possible. Tired of having to waste 5 minutes staring down a turtle because they're so paranoid that they don't dare make a bloody move.
    DyingAce
    DyingAce
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DyingAce Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:35 pm

People get butthurt because it's an abuse of the system. While turtles are frustrating, why should we disregard the purpose of the shield? Add one more annoying exploit to be wary of, sigh.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:49 pm

I must admit, i was worried when i saw this video a while back. But i gave it some thought and i don't think this is as overpowered as many people think. It requires you to be very close to your opponent (with most weapons), if you fail it's blocked normally or you turn your back to your opponent. This can also be parried. Those things considered, you counter this exactly the same way as you counter any predictable attacking, parries, backstabs, or perhaps a black flame to face?

If anything, this might be a good addition to pvp. Currently it is so easy to play very passively and only look for the best openings never making the first move yourself. This might help the more aggressive and active playstyle some people enjoy.

This will probably become the new reverse roll. Meaning, a technique people like to spam and waste their time on that does nothing 90% of time. Will this be useful? In some situations, yes, most likely. Will this break pvp completely and make shields useless? No. Feel free to prove me wrong in pvp.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Rolling.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:33 pm

DyingAce wrote:People get butthurt because it's an abuse of the system. While turtles are frustrating, why should we disregard the purpose of the shield? Add one more annoying exploit to be wary of, sigh.
    How is this gonna be annoying. Go try to pull it off on someone and see what happens. They're gonna dodge you just like any other R1/R2 and continue the match. This is harder to pull off than a dead angle. You have to be so fast with it if you don't it doesn't work. 

There's WAY more annoying tactics in the game. Hell, i'd rather get ghost striked than twop'd, regardless of exploit/glitch or whatever you wanna call it. 

It's a hard way to dead angle.You can get dead angled sitting there blocking so what has changed? Nothing. There's just a new/harder way to do it. Which in reality, isn't worth it because it's easier just to simply dead angle if there's a turtle.

The guy in the video was demonstrating this on a stationary target. It's not cake to pull of on a moving target.

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:46 pm

It simply lets you turn a select many attacks into a Shotel. Nothing special, especially considering the Shotel stunlocks (and this won't always). Also, it is about 1000 times harder to use than the Shotel. It is also incredibly easy to read if you're trying to make it easier on yourself by using slow attacks. Simply apply all the counters to the Shotel to this tactic.

Now, if you can get unblockable arrows/bolts, then that is another story.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Okay so I overreacted. Not that bad but honest I got pissed off when yet another exploit is found in this game. I hate how fights become based on exploits like this and to me it kills a lot of what I once liked about the game. Somedays I swear I feel like if I PvP again this is all I will face.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:54 pm

im going to rejoin the discussion now that people are willing to not condemn it straight away, i have been using this most of the day today in the burg when i naff it up i get bsd, and if they know what im doing they parry me the same as a normal attack.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote: Okay so I overreacted. Not that bad but honest I got pissed off when yet another exploit is found in this game. I hate how fights become based on exploits like this and to me it kills a lot of what I once liked about the game. Somedays I swear I feel like if I PvP again this is all I will face.
    You play the game how you want it played. Who cares if other people are using exploits. Counter the exploits, and be better than those people who rely on them. I don't intentionally dead angle. I don't do ghost strikes. I don't do any fancy reverse rolls.

Just because there's tons of threads on exploits all over the forum and internet period, doesn't mean PvP has reduced itself to nothing but exploiting the system to win. It may seem that way, but it is not like that.

You will run into people who intentionally dead angle. You will run into all kinds of weird people. But then, on the magical day where's there's rainbows and chocolate fountains, you will play players who actually play the game to have a good time and join in on some Dark Souls PvP, and have a blast doing it.

These glitches/exploits exist, but it's not the way it seems. I duel everyone on the forum and we have fun doing it. We may use a stupid exploit here and there but nobody has to rely on them. You should be more worried about people relying on backstabs to win matches, rather than exploits. 

If you wanna focus on the fact some people exploit the games mechanics, so be it. But there's always gonna be a forum of people here for you who play the game to have fun with friends and get away from the real world. Even if people do rely on these mechanics, so what. It's not the end of the world. If you play someone and don't agree with how they act/play, block them. It's that simple.

Don't dwell on the negative aspects of something. There's nothing you can do about it. Just have fun man. twisted 
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:23 pm

All I wanna say is I feel really bad for shields in PvP. Half the exploits and glitches on this game seem to be devoted to making them redundant..
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:35 pm

wall's gonna be pissed!
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 pm

R.I.P Wall.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:08 pm

If there is a new way to fight in PvP, it is essential we learn how to counter it. People are talking about how "broken" PvP is. Well, if you don't learn how to counter new moves, it will seem more and more broken. It is not easy to do, and is very punishable - by a highly powerful move like a backstab. Chain BSing is a glitch. It looks like you are being teleported back into into their weapon. Should we just ignore that? NO. We need to learn how to counter it.

And, the Ravioli step is another "glitch" that is hard to do and is arguably more powerful, since it can teleport you behind your opponent giving you a BS. Nobody is complaining about that.

Instead of being a doomsayer, how about we take a positive spin on this. There is this move that can cause problems. Let's discuss how to kick the arses of people who have the temerity to try this move.

If you see someone trying this move, it will be obvious as they will do an obvious move that will likely fail many times. They will likely try to spam this move and therefore, you can punish them.

1. Strafe
    2. Parry
    3. Distance
    4. GC/BF
    5. BS!!
    6. Roll
    7. Stun
    8. Force
    9. Predict (and punish (likely very easy to do).
    10. Others? Please add if you think of other counters for this move.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Thank you reim, your the first person to see what im saying and share my view.

We have two choices. Whine ***** moan and get dragged kicking and screaming. or we can embrace these "exploits" and find ways to counter them. I know what i would rather do
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:24 am

All I'm going to say is for you people discussing this glitch so openly, I'm highly disappointed in you and this has really hurt my view of the forum with how some are reacting.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:28 am

Its here to stay. It will likely become common knowledge. We may not talk about how to do it here, but we NEED to talk about how to defend against it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:31 am

This is what I'm talking about, I said we should learn how to defend against it many of us have.  But people aren't even reading what we're saying, they're just instantly assuming we don't want to discuss this and how to counter it.  A lot of you guys are acting pretty damn ignorant and it is incredibly shameful.  I just said we shouldn't talk about how to do it or post videos on how to do it.  The video posted in this thread details how to do the glitch which is against the forum rules.  This is a volatile glitch that while seemingly fine can lead into some majorly deadly exploits.  Try to think of how simple dead angles seemed until dead angle WotG was discovered.  That sort of difference in power that people in general likely don't know about yet and might figure out if we continue to tell people how to do it like how people have been told how to do it in this thread.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:36 am

Well, the video is gone, so let's turn this in a positive light. We've got a discovery here. Let's make everyone aware of how to spot it and punish it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:39 am

Back in the day when I tested this against slower weapons a good counter I found for them was to kick them then go for a backstab them.  As was mentioned above black flame and Great combustion are both excellent solutions.  Lag is sort of an issue since you will not recognize it in time.  A way to recognize it easily is that when attacking a person will in a single frame turn away and start an attack which will appear to cancel out.  Then they will face you and start the attack again, with that delay it is possibly to role BS people with some weapons or on sight parry them due to that slight delay.  Just be wary because they can feint a ghost strike so there is a mind game element there.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 am

And, that mind element may actually make the gameplay more interesting too . . .
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:59 am

Indeed it has potential to add some depth with feints and such along with making parrying harder for some since if one does the ghost strike there is a delay meaning the parry timing is a bit delay.  Prediction parries won't be as easy but for some weapons on sight ones will be easier.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:05 am

they're dead angles, can they be parried?

Also, spear r1+dead angle= not ok. seriously, screw that noise. i really hope i'm not needing to explain why.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:08 am

I don't think spear's R1 can do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:51 am