Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
befowler
Reaperfan
Emergence
Serious_Much
Forum Pirate
berkut
PlasticandRage
Tolvo
12 posters

That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 8 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:53 pm

See I don't have any kind of general problem with Nintendo, in fact if FF7 had been ported to the N64 I might have never become a Sony consumer. I whole heartedly believe that the Gamecube was capable of more than the ps2, based on owning RE4 on both systems, but I'm yet to really be impressed by the Wii. I really enjoyed Radiant Dawn, but it could have been just as good, if not better, on another system. I personally think Mariokart has gone down hill over the years, Double Dash just wasn't that much fun I thought, and I absolutely hate the Smash Bro's series, but that's coming from a die hard Tekken/Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat fan, so my dislike for Smash Bro's could easy just be because IMO it's a mockery of the fighting genre. I'll give you Mario Party however. I've definitely spent some really entertaining nights playing MP with a good crowd and some party favors.

I forgot to address the Zelda series, which I do love but not enough to dictate an entire extra system.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

That's No Moon  (Star Wars Thread) - Page 8 Empty Re: That's No Moon (Star Wars Thread)

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Well most nintendo games I will say are more casual, however typically if I want hardcore games I go for the PC anyway, at least I did before my gaming rig broke. D:

We should probably not spawn a console wars topic haha, it could get ugly.

Let's get back to bashing a video game! lol

I'm curious has anyone here actually watched the Star Wars Christmas special?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Oh I really like the Metroid series also, but I'm yet to see the Wii adaptation. You're talking the Clone Wars series I'm assuming?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:27 pm

It was an old cartoon movie made back in the day that featured a Christmas special, it was so childish but still I've always wanted to see it just to say I have haha.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Youtube that s#%t. That's the beauty of the interweb my friend.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Oh man, I've been thinking of the Ewok Adventures all along haha.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Anyone here ever played x-wing vs. tie fighter? That was a fun game big grin. It even came with a second disk that had all the multiplayer maps on it so you and another person could lan or internet play it, even worked for all the new maps that came with the expansion.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:47 pm

I've never heard of that one. I have liked all the wars dog fighting games I've played though. I loved N64 Rogue Squadron. That was one of my favorite 64 games in fact.

I've definitely seen the live action Ewok Adventures. IMDB calls it a series though, and I feel like I remember it being a feature length Ewok movie
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 am

Pod racer= Hardest geme ever.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:28 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Pod racer= Hardest geme ever.

Yeah you're not kidding. I rented it once and I remember hardly playing it because just getting through the first race alive was nigh impossible. I'm not even sure that I ever did.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:36 am

Oh it gets to the point where 1 mistake, in a 20 lap race, is essentially the end, faster to just restart. I'm talking "boosted for 4.5 seconds instead of 5" type, miniscule mistakes. I only ever got half way through. The ai run around on "rails" at later stages so the level of precision you have to maintain is inhuman.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:01 am

I remember pod racer, some friends and I once held a tournament basically where each of us would see how far we could get in that game in one go. I got to the very end but lost, so much pain! Then my friend Lance just cleared through the whole thing like it was no problem.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Fzero 64 was so much better. Not to mention Mariokart64
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:44 pm

That is one of my favourite game sound tracks ever, mute city man. Mute city.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Does it bother anyone else when they're up voted and CAN'T FIND THE POST!?

Or is that just me?
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I almost never find the posts that I get upvoted on. I notice it happen, but never find out why. Check your stats, maybe someone thanked you instead of upvoted?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Sometimes I do get a bit curious but I never think too much about it. It doesn't really happen to me all to often to get any of my attention. I'm still pretty unknown in the community haha.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Oh come now Tolvo, your one of the best known faces of this forum, don't sell yourself short winking
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Maybe in a year I will be, but I'm still far too new. Even if I am, I will always sell myself short. It's a character trait haha.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Yay for going off-topic happy. Time since joining is only one factor in how recognizable one is. There are many people who have been forum members for longer, but are much less recognizable since they do not post as frequently, or perhaps have less topics, or perhaps have less reputation. When I go into the foums, you are one of the members that I immediately recognize when you post. I consider that to be fairly recognizable silly.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah dude the Fzero soundtrack was great. Even on the SNES. The Gamecube one was great too.

And yeah I have no idea where most of my points came from. I know at least one of them is from my Prescilla tactic. I'm not sure about the others though.
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm

I never thought Pod Racer was that hard, it had a perfect difficulty curve for me. All apart from that one 'cloud city' type track where you HAD to stay on the upper section of the track because if you fell down it was impossible to win. Less 'hard' more 'amazingly annoying'. You basically had to hold brake and crawl round that bit then boost for your life for the rest of the lap. I loved that game, it was so much fun buying parts from a scrap heap and fixing them up too.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:35 pm

I haven't read a single post on this thread, but I'm going to come out and say that the first Star Wars (Episode IV) is the only good one.

I'm not saying that that's the only one that I like or enjoy...but really, like as a film, IV is the only good one.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:48 am

Its cheesy si-fi. Its never "good". that doesn't mean it isnt awesome.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:49 am

But IV IS SO GOOD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:07 am