Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Leet
Rifter7
reim0027
Serious_Much
mugenis4real
Marino.
Soul of Stray Demon
CrackSouls
Aigaios
elloguvnas
Ahhotep1
Hugh_G_Johnson
robsthedon
Graelaoch
Sentiel
DigitaLinsanitY
Kirk-Barb
elfmirfkin
22 posters

Megamu-How do You Feel?

elfmirfkin

Megamu-How do You Feel? Empty Megamu-How do You Feel?

Post by elfmirfkin Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:59 am

Hi everybody:)
    I'm new to this forum but I like it so far.
    Anyway, I was just wondering, it varies from forum to forum, how does this particular community feel about Dom's megamule for Ps3?
    Kirk-Barb
    Kirk-Barb
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Megamu-How do You Feel? Empty Re: Megamu-How do You Feel?

Post by Kirk-Barb Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Yawn.... yawn   This topic is just soooooo tiring.

However you feel about it is just fine within this forum.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:33 pm

^ +1

And welcome to the forums!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:35 pm

Some love it. Some hate it. The rest doesn't care.
    It's all individual.
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Hello there I am new to the forum as well. wave 
    I personally think that the mule is fine, anything goes as long as no modded gear or hacked stats, inf health bleh bleh bleh, but I do not like move swaps or tumble buffs, those things make me go grrrrr...... any way welcome to the forums as well, Hope to see ya around.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Damn skinny ugly toons, they hurt my eyes.

No one pve's past Anor anymore sad

Plenty of duelists happy

Pays your money take your choice.

Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:36 pm

LOL -- that's right... you still have to ring the bells and set the lord vessel.  That reminds me... I want the patent on "gold fog OP". silly
    Graelaoch
    Graelaoch
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Graelaoch Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:05 pm

I personally hated going through the Catacombs and to where Leeroy spawns before the lord vessal, because I wanted his armor, and no Leeroy..... I was like you ******** yea, made me so mad, I just wanted my paladin armor.
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:21 pm

As Sentiel said, "It's all individual". Personally, I feel it's over-kill.
    Glumort protege here. winking 
    elloguvnas
    elloguvnas

Post by elloguvnas Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:06 pm

Ruins the game. Max level forest gankers standing around with 15 attunement slots with WOTG, Dark bead, and TWOP. GL BS'ing him with his maxed out gold tracer buttbudy equipped with soul spears & pursuers breathing down your neck. GL combo'ing them out with most weapons. 2.2k health points & all. And now save editing is getting more widespread so you have "duelists" spamming blessings and pulling out modded crystals weps when things go south. It's ridiculous. Inb4 "herpderp fight-clubs arooo." I invade 70% of the time. It is my preferred method of pvp, therefore I do not want to engage in fightclubs (most of the time), thank you.

tl;dr I hate it because people abuse it, and most do, so I wish it didn't exist.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:51 pm

elloguvnas wrote:Ruins the game. Max level forest gankers standing around with 15 attunement slots with WOTG, Dark bead, and TWOP. GL BS'ing him with his maxed out gold tracer buttbudy equipped with soul spears & pursuers breathing down your neck. GL combo'ing them out with most weapons. 2.2k health points & all. And now save editing is getting more widespread so you have "duelists" spamming blessings and pulling out modded crystals weps when things go south. It's ridiculous. Inb4 "herpderp fight-clubs arooo." I invade 70% of the time. It is my preferred method of pvp, therefore I do not want to engage in fightclubs (most of the time), thank you.

tl;dr I hate it because people abuse it, and most do, so I wish it didn't exist.

All the stuff in red has almost nothing to do with the MM.

As for the green were do you "duel" since I never had that happen to me, sure every 1 in 100 people I meet might use DB instead of humanity to heal after/before a duel but I NEVER had a "duelist" do something like that. Unless you are counting any random 1 on 1 as a duel.

elloguvnas
    elloguvnas

Post by elloguvnas Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Aigaios wrote:
    elloguvnas wrote:Ruins the game. Max level forest gankers standing around with 15 attunement slots with WOTG, Dark bead, and TWOP. GL BS'ing him with his maxed out gold tracer buttbudy equipped with soul spears & pursuers breathing down your neck. GL combo'ing them out with most weapons. 2.2k health points & all. And now save editing is getting more widespread so you have "duelists" spamming blessings and pulling out modded crystals weps when things go south. It's ridiculous. Inb4 "herpderp fight-clubs arooo." I invade 70% of the time. It is my preferred method of pvp, therefore I do not want to engage in fightclubs (most of the time), thank you.

As for the green were do you "duel" since I never had that happen to me, sure every 1 in 100 people I meet might use DB instead of humanity to heal after/before a duel but I NEVER had a "duelist" do something like that. Unless you are counting any random 1 on 1 as a duel.

? The stuff in red has everything to do with MM, unless all those gankers are acquiring 5 of every spell whilst never touching ng+ by magic.

As far as the duelists I am counting 1v1's in the burg, and moonpit as duels. Perhaps that was incorrect.
    elfmirfkin

Post by elfmirfkin Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:04 pm

Well, I should've guessed y'all have been around this maypole before. I just wanted to get an overall feel for this community.
    My opinion: megamule saved this game for me. So many unusual and different builds I wanted to try but not wanting to run through the game again. For few last three months I've only done organized pvp. If I wanted to grief other players, I don't need mm for that. I agree with Ahhotep1 about it being overkill. It would have been better if it only came with enough souls to level up to 125-150 max. One of every spell, and all weapons. All armor, titanite and 99 humanity. That would've been more than enough. 5 of every spell encourages ganking.
    Now, mm doesn't come with divine blessings. But with it being made a save file in the way it was, people figured out how to hack. Very unfortunate.
    I'm sorry I brought up such a hot topic, I just wanted to know if this board was unanimously against mm.

Last edited by FexDS on Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed)
    elfmirfkin

Post by elfmirfkin Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Omg! My phone auto filled in the word
    "Jew" instead of "the". Sorry I didn't catch that and I can't edit:/
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Hate it. Some one wants to use "cheap tactics" on me, I don't care. Some one pops 8 divine blessings, **** that.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:10 pm

I'm sorry, but 15 Attunement Slots? That would have nothing to do with megamule, that's more like hacking. 

Although my problem with megamule is that it allows you to get Crystal Path weapons or things like multiple darkmoon blades without much worry. Unlike without megamule where you're limited to what you can get. And getting enough crystal weapons to where it's worth using takes forever.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:34 pm

offending opinion:
    elloguvnas
    elloguvnas

Post by elloguvnas Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:

I'm sorry, but 15 Attunement Slots? That would have nothing to do with megamule, that's more like hacking. 

Although my problem with megamule is that it allows you to get Crystal Path weapons or things like multiple darkmoon blades without much worry. Unlike without megamule where you're limited to what you can get. And getting enough crystal weapons to where it's worth using takes forever.
    My mistake. 10.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:48 pm

You miss the chance to make your own character so I don't know.straight face
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:52 pm

On this forum all views on megamule are acceptable- that's the forum rule.

My personal opinion is same as with guns for civilians- there's a huge potential for misuse and bad effects as a result of it, so it shouldn't be allowed.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:57 pm

elloguvnas wrote:
    Soul of Stray Demon wrote:

My mistake. 10.
    Actually the max is 12, if you include 10 + those 2 attunement boosting rings.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:21 pm

With the megamule, you only get 1 darkmoon buff. As far as DB spammage, that is really rare, to the point where it is nonexistant for me. Modded crystal weapons? Hacking, not megamule.

Personally, I think it is a double edged sword. It has saved the game for many, and ruined the game for others.

And, elloguvnas, there is no need to get snarky and offensive. And, most of that post has nothing to do with the megamule.
    Aigaios
    Aigaios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aigaios Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:53 am

elloguvnas wrote:
    Aigaios wrote:

? The stuff in red has everything to do with MM, unless all those gankers are acquiring 5 of every spell whilst never touching ng+ by magic.

As far as the duelists I am counting 1v1's in the burg, and moonpit as duels. Perhaps that was incorrect.
    First of all I invade in the forest every day, its my main form of PvP in Dark Souls and meeting a max level host is not a big deal, their level has nothing to do with their skill and a lot of the time its just a bad player with a lot of HP also it was there before the MM came out. Spell spammers were also in Dark Souls way before the MM came out, also do tell me how do you know how many attunement slots your opponent has.

Anyway thats how the forest is, thats how it was and thats how it will be and for that reason so many people enjoy to invade there, if you dont like it then dont invade in the forest.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:48 am

i think the megamule enabled a lot of the newer players to really compete at the level most of the old ones where.

most older players still had their bbg or where using the pscloud to exploit this.

it also brought a lot of players back that left with the removal of the bbg, and boosted the pvp community when it got slow after the initial bbg nerf.

i think its fine as everyone has access to it. its no longer an old boys club.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:51 am

and as far as the characters looking ugly thing goes, just transfer the gear to a character you've made. its what people did after the bbg and before the mule.

and for those who complain that the quester gankers are too powerful- you can simply keep a set of leveled gear for pvp in your characters inventory. when you're invaded just menu swap it all, theres no weight load like in des.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 pm